The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Free speech and open source development
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Postby jwocky » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Can you relax a little? The problem is, only a few, for example you, spoke up. And obviously, the sheepdog was put on a leash. Now, for the moment, the wolves seem to be calm, we will see, what happens next.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I was going to speak up but I have had enough of politics to last me for a while. This coupled with the fact that I did not even know anything that was happening until it0uchpods told me about it. I did not feel it was my place, otherwise I would have helped with the smack-down of the two that went rouge (At least that's my impression of what happened on that thread). But please correct me via PVT MSG, if I am in the wrong, and my logic behind the pvt msg is just to keep the thread clean and clear of conflict, and others should not be involved in private disputes, its not a ice thing to read.

Best wishes and Happy Landings!
Falcon

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:06 pm

Falcon wrote:I did not feel it was my place, otherwise I would have helped with the smack-down of the two that went rouge (At least that's my impression of what happened on that thread).
Falcon

Oh I'm quivering with fear.....

All brave after the incident, although not really knowing much about the incident, but knowing enough thanks to 'Mr I'm leaving now' has told you what's what..

How about reading the thread... that might actually help you understand it, it's a wild guess.
Start with the first post....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Bomber did you not see the part where I SPECIFICALLY SAID to insult me VIA pvt msg if you wanted to, not on here. its crap like this that makes me glad that I have moved to X-Plane and have not had to deal with YOUR BULLSHIT! I don't give a crap about reading complete threads when I can get facts by emailing those involved for the long story turned short. Like I did by emailing Peter, Israel, David, and Vincent, about this specific thread and what happened, and I got all the information I needed, to come in fully informed. If you wish to discuss this further, keep it in the inbox not the thread.

Regards,

Falcon

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Oh so sorry... you think you can say openly how you'd have joined in to 'smack me down' if you'd only have known about it earlier, yet I have to reply privately...

GET FECKING REAL !
You are not entitled to come on here, tell us how you're fed up with the politics whilst stiring up your own shit and then instructing others how they must reply to you.

If YOU want to have a go at me publicly then do so, but expect it back or are you the sort that can dish it out but can't take it ?

I wouldn't dream of asking you to read the whole thread, seems you can get your opinions direct from the horses mouth... although you more than likely didn't get the truth of it, just their version of events..

Now if you'd read the first post we could talk about the legitimacy of it and whether it's acceptable for a moderator to goad a user into an argument by directly quoting him. Or could the issue have been addressed in a less personal way with less conflict ?

Maybe if you'd bother to take the time.... or your could just email Vincent and the others for their opinions.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Falcon wrote: I can get facts by emailing those involved for the long story turned short. Like I did by emailing Peter, Israel, David, and Vincent, about this specific thread and what happened, and I got all the information I needed, to come in fully informed.

The problem with that approach is that you're getting one view of one set of supposed facts or events. You don't know if what anyone you're messaging with is true unless you verify it yourself. You could get further by asking direct questions via messaging, but if information is excluded you might not even know that some questions are relevant. This is completely regardless of who you're talking to. So if you sent a message to me I'd certainly tell my story, but it may be that one of the guys you mentioned would have a pretty different opinion about it and you'd never know unless you asked because our information might not overlap (and be contradictory).

In a thread, or in a discussion rather, there's always the opportunity to ask questions and offer different information and arguments, for all to see and question. So I would argue that that's a better approach.

Of course, showing up after a thread has 'blown up' into a massive amount of posts will make it pretty hard to encourage reading it all, so I understand why some wouldn't want to (I wouldn't in a lot of cases).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:09 am

Bomber, watch your language, will you? Not that I really think, we can preserve the innocence of our younger pilots, but still. You are well aware, that we try to dam that kind in (and yes, I know, I am myself sometimes pretty direct, but I try) and you as moderator should also try.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Bomber, You are a role model here, not a snot nosed brat anymore. Before you became a moderator this was average behavior from you. Once you become a mod you are on a TIGHT leash and can no longer behave like a child. Doing this on your non-moderator account dose not protect you from this fact. There are those of us who would give anything to be a moderator on any forum. Count yourself lucky. Peter can just as easily remove your moderator status as he gave it to you. There are many other qualified candidates for the position. Consider yourself lucky that the higher-ups chose you.

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:30 pm

No Falcon... It's been made very clear to me that I'm the same person be it as an ordinary poster or moderator, which is fine as I don't play the double standards card.

I'm a moderator as punishment for having an opinion in opposition to a moderator and voicing it... I will use the same words post moderator privileges as prior, because if those words were good enough then they're good enough now.

YOU it seems have yet to understand the dynamics of that thread from which you were so keen to help smack me down..

YOU threaten to smack me down publicly and I don't hide behind no moderator green, hoping my moderator friends will back me up unconditionally. And it seems though that you've still made no attempt to read the thread even the first page and understand it so as you've no interest why don't you go back to x-plane.

Simon

==bomber==

Postby ==bomber== » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 pm

jwocky wrote:Bomber, watch your language, will you? Not that I really think, we can preserve the innocence of our younger pilots, but still. You are well aware, that we try to dam that kind in (and yes, I know, I am myself sometimes pretty direct, but I try) and you as moderator should also try.

Jwocky if you've got a problem with my bomber account language then I expect you to also have a problem with Falcons language, afterall he used the word BULLSHIT in the post previous to mine.. I simply followed suit to show him that I can also use bad language.
Maybe you have a swearing word ratings system that ordinary users don't know about, if so I'm sure we'd all like to understand which words are deemed acceptable and which not so as to not run foul of your judgement.

Simon

Return to “Free Speech”