USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:43 am

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the confirmed aircrafts before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 43rd Leg: Charter Aviation I : The Jets | SAT JAN 9TH 17:00-24:00 UTC

FORTYTHIRD TRIP
Departing Port Columbus International Airport, (KCMH): Columbus, Ohio
Arriving Portland International Airport, (KPDX): Portland, Oregon

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: 1800 nm
Competing Aircraft: Any Jet Aircraft you can demostrate is used by a Charter Aviation Company
Expected Cruising Speed:263 KIAS | 412 KTAS | 0.70 Ma
Expected Cruising Altitude:FL280-FL300, Even
Expected Duration (en route): 4h30+ en Route
**************************************************************************************************************************

Charter Aviation I: The Jets

The fortieth-second USA tour leg arrived to the City of Columbus Ohio with an all Military squad of rotatory wing aircrafts. Alltough many of us are not frequently helicopter pilots, we did succeed in completing a two segments leg with an stopover the Appalachian Rgnl, on the state of West Virginia. The first segment featured mountaineous regions of the Southwest Appalachian Mountains, whereas the second segment feature the Allegheny flats, the Ohio valley, and some River sightseeings. In fact, really amazing screenshots were obtained and shared :)

The ride of the valkyrie (as the 42nd leg was entitled) was our last USA tour leg of 2015. But as the New Year 2016 enters, we will be preparing our continuing tour over every state and territory of the USA. This time, the leg 43rd, will depart Ohio back to the West Coast, on the State of Oregon, and the beautiful city of Portland. This time we will also have two segments featuring valleys and mountains -- but we will be flying confortably over altitude, and following IFR rules.

Aircrafts

For the first USA tour event of 2016 -- scheduled on January 9th -- the topic selected is Charter Aviation - Jet engined Aircrafts.

Participants will be flying any Jet Aircraft used by at least one charter company Worldwide. Noting that the range of possible aircraft is very wide, starting on very small business jets, and finishing in large multiengine Aircrafts (If I recall correctly, some companies do charter even A380!). The alternatives are wide open....

BUT

Every participant is required to report a charter company that features (or is planning to feature) the aircraft of choice :D (So, be prepared to provide an evidence link!)

Important Notes:

• Regular airlines may include in their business operations Charter modes. These DO NOT qualify as Charter companies, and per se, they will not be taken into account (so forget Lufthansa, for an evidence ... per example)
  • No. You do not need an appropriate livery to participate in the event. If you can and you want to prepare a charter livery, that'll be great. But the lack of livery do not disqualify a participant aircraft

Looking forward to our meeting next Year. Post below your aircraft of choice, or communicate to us in other manner, so we can prepare by completing the participant aircraft list, and we can download the aircrafts on time, and prevent yellow gliders or delays :)

The GCMAP

Route

We will complete our route to Oregon in two segments; each with a full planned RNAV route. Initially we depart Columbus Ohio Port Columbus airport and fly over the Midwest towards Pierre Regional Airport/Army field in the capital city of South Dakota: Pierre. Secondly, after longing on Pierre's Tarmacs for a rest of 1 h, we will continue our westbound route over the Sierras and approach the City of Portland around the vicinity of the arrogant Mount Hood (Wy'east). These routes will be completed at FL280 and FL300, respectively, with an expected speed of 0.70Ma

Part I

Starting at 17:00 Z, expected duration 2:20 h

SKYVECTOR

Code: Select all

KCMH DCT BOWRR J110 EMPTY J149 ROD J149 FWA J64 WHETT J30 JOT J30 BRIBE J90 MCW J16 FSD J82 VIVID DCT KPIR

Part II

After resting for 1h, Starting at approximately 20:30Z; expected duration 2:45 h
SKYVECTOR

KPIR  DCT DPR J16 RECAP J16 BIL J16 HIA J16 DOXIE J16 CHASS J16 PDT JKNOX HHOOD3

The Skyvector's NAV logs

PROCEDURES

Ground Charts

STAR

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in FGMEMBERS' server. Pilots are encouraged to join in to the group.

To connect to the multiplayer server check the information provided at

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat.
Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

server: mumble.allfex.org
Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at
http://www.thejabberwocky.net

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy New Year, every one

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT JANUARY 9TH 17:00 - 24:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Same t'ye!

http://www.hifly.aero/en/fleet.html

Airbus A330-200 for me :)
Don't worry, I'l provide the livery, if I have time....
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:54 pm

For me Lineage1000 from the VIP package (currently reworking her)
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Good stuff.

By the way, folks,
You can download the 330-200 from www.github.com/FGMEMBERS/A330-200.
I'l provide the livery, if I get round to making it....
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:45 pm

I will be flying the Forbidden Aircraft: The Hondajet

For a period of about 2 weeks, I had refurbished the Infamous Helijah's aircraft back to functional in FG 3.x, and now the aircraft --although still Forbidden-- is USA Tour ready ;)

Among the improvements completed are

• The model.xml file has been corrected. The aircraft model now visible.
  • The sound package has been corrected. The aircraft now has sounds
  • The zkv1000 instrument has been updated --no more nasal errors. The current instrument is fuctional as in the Tecnam P2010
  • JSBsim FDM has been reenabled, several fixes were needed to adjust for the FDM
  • New Autopilot (As in JWocky's SYS8) with Mach hold available
  • Shaders and reflection enabled (for FG 3.x)
  • Full Livery set for the five Hondajet models available (see image below).
  • New USA Tour Splashscreen

I've done flying tests for both the yasim and the JSBsim FDMS. They fly good. I am trying to do last fine tuning. The Hondajet begun manufacturing almost 30 years ago, and during this time, development had taken place, whereas no delivery occurred. Now, as on 2015, the company seems to be in the last stages of certification, and several Charter companies had placed order for the most awaited small jet in decades. And one that is forbidden for FG

For the later reason, the Hondajet (original and USA Tour ready versions) are not openly available -- no hard link to obtain exist, nor are present in FGMEMBERS. The distribution of a zip file --to avoid yellow gliders-- will occur only person to person via email attachments.

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:10 pm

!!!!!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Sanni

Postby Sanni » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll:

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 am

Lets get the the biggest plane I can get 747-8 VIP!!!!!!!!! (There been no completed orders of the A380 yet. "One executive variant of the Airbus A380 was ordered in 2012, with two full decks and a third deck in the cargo compartment, but the aircraft was sold as a regular aircraft before modifications were made.")

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:04 am

I am still pondering to make a JSB version of the 747-8vvip ... as of yet, just thinking.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

F_36

Postby F_36 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:01 pm

Thinking of taking the 747 or the 757

Return to “USA Tour”