USA TOUR past events | Record

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR past events | Record

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:34 am

USA Tour officially began on SUN AUG19TH

I will admit was a rather cold beginning, but I feel encouraged to continue with calling for sim-pilots that are willing to come for a game with us.

I thank omega for his support and his playing as ATC, and looking forward to continue our competition.

The first leg I completed and tracked as shown here
http://fgtracker.ahven.eu/flightgear/modules/fgtracker/?FUNCT=FLIGHT&FLIGHTID=4015449
Unfortunately, I fail landing at KOKC but I hope my skills will improve steadily during the USA tour trips :),
and perhaps you can feel encouraged to join as ATC or accompanying pilot, contestant or not contestant.

Second trip of the tour will be announced briefly, and since the first trip has been completed, the next destination is unveiled:
Departing Airport is (as mentioned before, last arriving airport) Will Rogers Int. Airport; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma,
Arrival Airports will be George Bush Int. Airport (KIAH) and William P. Hobby Airport (KHOU); Houston, Texas.

Two airports will be serving arrival. All competing pilots are expected to contact KIAH tower. There, they will be either cleared to land or rerouted to contact KHOU and there being cleared to land. Houston is next destination since, as the game rules established, the largest city per state or territory is visited; given that Houston is the largest city (by Population) in its state, KFWD at Dallas an KAUS at Austin, will be both unfortunately missed in our Tour.

The Aircraft required for all competing players will be Piper Seneca II. Route is about 350 nm, and with a cruising speed of around 145 IAS, the estimated flying time should be around 2h30min.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Dear FG sim-pilots

I recently posted an invitation to the USA tour. It still feels lonely back there. I also participated (kinda crashed) H5's event in Amsterdam - Omega could certify.
Anyways, I keep having a feeling that we can give more multiplay to the servers. I mean, nothing wrong with flying around and enjoy the FG's sky anyways, but I admit I like the going together feeling, and I must say I found H5 events neat and of improved realism.

And I still have my USA tour plans lying around. And trust me, it is fun and unpredictable. So I want to go long in my suggestion/invitation. I want to ask, who is up for a FG competition Mayhem?. (competition, uh? that sparks some of my interest: does it for you?)

Here is my plan (it's a suggestion still and anyone is welcome to help me improve it with Ideas).

1. Every week (or 2-weeks) I release the leg: departure and destination; Kind of KPHL-KOKC, like this week. Leg distances are variable, I say again. So I will indicate also The leg choosen plane. Planes are variable but I will try to keep it in the best tested FGs. So LEG AND PLANE ARE FIXED.

2. I will also release the competition time frame. To begin with, lets say it's SAT or SUN. Departure will be about 3 hours span. Arrival about 4 hours span. During those times, an ATC will be operating on Fgcom on the given airport. volunteering ATCs may be required to the competition, but ie I am doing the ATC job (100%inexperienced so far). For our example, I will be at TWRKPHL from 16:00-19:00UTC travel day, anounced (3 hours). For this leg, in the given plane (Citation X) it should take 2-3 hours to arrive/land; So I (or the volunteer -some loves ATCing too) will be at TWRKOKC starting 18:00-22:00 handling arrivals (anounced). Last plane departing KPHL at 19:00 taking 3 hours (its really 2h20min) will arrive at 22:00. First plane departing at 16:10 will arrive around 18:35. I hope this explains the ATC schedule.

3. The competitors, that is you, the co-players (c'mon where are my fellow simpilots???) will accept challenge. That, I hope. Up to 2 hours before the leg starts, you submit your Flight plan to the ATC/forum. Departure, Destination, and airplane is FIXED (to keep it fair). You provide your Flight Plan, including suggested FL and cruising speed, and requested showup time--that is, what time you are showing up at the airport. Based on that ATC will validate your participation and assign your exact departure time (around showup + 5 ->10 min for your prechecks, depending on traffic) and gate (no random locations either). I am not a great example, but you are expected to follow ATCs (right omega?). Be there, get navigated to take off, follow your plan, fly, enjoy, and be navigated to land. Have real ATCs and real traffic fellows competing with you :P (that'll be great!!)

4. A competition requires scoring system; right?

I suggest the following base on points.

4.1 Flight hour represents 50 points. i.e; a leg like KPHL-KOKC will likely provide 2:20 min of flight time ; that is 115 points. a) Remember you submited your route before departing and got it approved it. This avoids artificially long flights b) before getting scored you have to submit your tracked flight so testify you followd your plan. points deducted for deviations, departure ATC or arrival ATC player is judge.
4.2 Departure; A proper take off -ATC guided- scores up to 50 points. ATC judges and assigns every participating pilot.
4.3 Arrival; A proper arrival and landing -ATC guided- scores up to 100 points (I suppose I find landing quite harder... I do not know about you). Again ATC judges and assigns the pilots.

* A leg such as the one example / may give you up to 265 points (50TO+115flight+100Land). A larger leg consequently will mean scoring higher due to longer flight time.
* Pilots are not penalized for not participating a given leg. (well naturally they score 0 points)
* 100 points are deducted from a total score (all legs) IF pilot schedules and fails to show up. Yes! your worst score can be -5700 points! :roll:
* ATCs get 25 points for hour serving departing / arrival station (--any suggestions?). Serving both ATCs here will produce 175 points.
* If your simulator crashes you will receive your score for taking off, and awarded your flight time provided you show your flight tracked. i.e, FG crashes after you flew 1hour, you get your departing (I assume) 50 points plus 50 points of your first hour. I think that is fair.

4.4 Score per leg and total score will be tabulated for all participating pilots. There are 57 flights and quite a lot of flying hours.

5. EVERYBODY can participate. 1) get FG going. 2) get your Scenery (Believe me, you'll need it). 3) get the plane necessary for the leg, and perhaps test fly it before trying competing it, rite? 4) get FGCom going too (I do not know if we can trust MPChat!/ I do not know how to operate it). Plan and show. I believe we can go massive and learn/practice/fly.

Apendix: Long legs. Some legs are truly long. Remember you may choose not to participate. ATCs will be same about same time, it will be at departing organizing planes for 3 hours. ATC will show up at arrival 1 hour before first plane schedule arrival and 30 min after last plane schedule arrival, unless plane communicates he/she is on route arriving late. Or until last scheduled plan lands and taxi away RWY.

So that is it. Guys... I am open to suggestions. Is there any simpilots out there willing to game? how about the H5 guys? they've got lots of practice too. I will be attentive to see if there is people to join. If we hit 6 participants to begin with, then I think we'v got game. If you think you kind of like it, but!; let me know your objections here. Lets discuss it.

Current pilot table:

callsign | legs completed | points per leg | ATC hours serve | ATC points | total points | rank
IAHMCOL | 0 | 0+0 | 0 | 0 | | 1

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Hello FlightGear pros, gamers, and enthusiasts!

I wanted to invite you to a multiplayer USA tour. In spite of being just a rather amateur player (and not a pilot AT ALL), I am very thrill to try to fly across USA with FG. But not just a 5 hour cross country, but rather something more inclusive. I elaborated on the idea of using a short ranged plane (something like the regular c172p, and just land at a different state at a time) but notice that either I was doing a west-east line or trying to zigzag the greater number of states in my eastbound journey. And choosing the airport of arrival was not easy business: the largest? the capital city? a military facility? anyways.

After a couple of thoughts and many crashes (to the ground or with the tracker), I decided to give it a different approach. I got the list of all states and territories of the country, and randomized the list. Naturally the order obtained so is pretty wild, and unpredictable by leg distance. Then I decided to find the largest city *by population* at the arrival state/territory, and choose its main airport as destination. Naturally pretty big airports are included but surprising cities with as low as 20K people are included :shock: A given leg of this tour is of no practical use to figure out what's next. Every state or territory (a total of 56) is visited once only, with the exception of California. This is because the last trip arrives to FlightGear homeland at San Francisco International (not a largest city).

I felt like sharing my idea with you guys; and that is why I am posting this. I will release one trip a time, once a week, indicating the flight plan that I will try to follow, including the aircraft I will choose. Every trip leg will remain not notified until the flight plan of the following leg is released as a post update. I, myself, will try to track my flights using fgtracker service (callsign IAHM-COL which frequently does not work for me :( ).

Is somebody engaged with the idea of fly with me around, coast to coast, state to state, and territories? Want to share their tracked flights? or any other ideas? Let's fly this game off!! :mrgreen:

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:35 am

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THIS FLIGHT PLAN HAS BEEN EDITED
SEE BELOW, FOR RE-POSTING.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

***************TRIP 1***************
Week1: 8/8/2012 - 8/16/2012

From:Pennsylvannia - Philadelphia (Philadelpia International Airport) KPHL
To :Oklahoma - Oklahoma City (Will Rogers World Airport) KOKC

Estimate in-route distance 1103 nm
Aircraft: Cessna Citation X; Cruise Speed 525 Knots.
Altitude: FL250

FLIGHT PLAN

KPHL; LOC I-PDP 108.95 ; Elev 36 ft; ATIS 135.925
KOCK; LOC I_OKC 110.7; VOR IRW 114.1; Elev 1295; ATIS 125.85

TAKE OFF INSTRUCTIONS (PHILADELPHIA NINE)
KPHL/27R TAKE OFF
I-PDP:3 I-PDP/LOC 108.95 240@3000 DME3
I-PDP:3 I-PDP/LOC 108.95 255@3000 DME3
MRB VOR 112.1 250@25000

ROUTE
WYPOINT TYPE FREQ RAD@ALT DIST E.TIME
KPHL TAKE OFF INSTR NA
MRB VOR 112.1 250@25000 124 0:14
EYTEE FIX 112.1 250@25000 53 0:06
COLNS FIX 112.1 250@25000 18 0:02
PERKS FIX 117.4 258@25000 47 0:05
HVQ VOR 117.4 258@25000 77 0:08
DACOS FIX 114.8 263@25000 117 0:13
IIU VOR 114.8 263@25000 63 0:07
PXV VOR 113.3 261@25000 104 0:12
PLESS FIX 115.7 261@25000 57 0:06
FAM VOR 115.7 261@25000 61 0:07
TUL VOR 114.4 254@25000 281 0:32
KOCK LANDING INSTR 101 0:12
ESTIMATED TIME 2:06

LANDING INSTRUCTIONS (ILS 17R)
TUL VOR 114.4 254@25000
IRW/VOR 114.1 175@4000 DME20
FILUM I-OKC/LOC 110.7 175@4000 DME14
IVEYI# I-OKC/LOC 110.7 175@3000 DME7.1
COTOX* I-OKC/LOC 110.7 175@1800 DME3.3
KOKC/17R LANDING

#*IF MISSED APPROACH
JESKE IRW/VOR 114.1 263@3000 DME12
PWA PWA/VOR 113.4 36@3000 DME0; LEAVE PWA RAD 132@3000
IVEYI# I-OKC/LOC 110.7 175@3000 DME7.1 ATTEMPT LANDING MANEUVER

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:30 am

Just wondering...
Your early shots are like bluepurplygreen colours.
Was early FlightGear really so bad?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:37 am

my computer was terrible at rendering. I have all sorts of tricks to keep 7 fps going on, but those are FG 2.12 which you can still test today. actually not bad software at all... and in many instances better and more stable than the 3.x series.

R.M.S.

Return to “USA Tour”