USA TOUR Event | SAT NOVEMBER 21ST 16:00 - 22:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
T-URBO

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT NOVEMBER 21ST 16:00 - 22:00 UTC

Postby T-URBO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:35 pm

There was nothing there. I was planing to land there and fuel up.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Im guessing you did not obtained the repo?
Or did not indicate the additional scenery path?

FG won't have that airport for several months now by default. The layout was only accepted to the gateway like 10 days ago, and it takes months for terrain to be globally updated.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Ok I just downloaded the scenery from FGMembers and I see the airport but without buildings.

Warty

Postby Warty » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:33 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:In my hands that beast is unflyable, . . .

It's not that bad :) Though I need more practise at reversing. I think it's worth persevering with. The visibility is really good, especially with dynamic view because you can do some really tight turns and still see what coming.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:53 pm

T-URBO wrote:Ok I just downloaded the scenery from FGMembers and I see the airport but without buildings.

Buildings?
What you see is what you 've got.
There are no buildings there.

Look:

Satt view

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 am

@TURBO

I added the fence now

This is all I can see in this place.

IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:59 am

@Warty

Nice control!

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

The scenery package for this month's USA Tour event is ready.

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/KEBD.KLCK-fg-CustomScenery
USA Tour ready logo
:copyright: 2014, Richard Senior (Sanhozay)
License GPL3+

It includes a new layout for Appalachian Regional (KEBD) which is complete to the current information available. The airport has also the fence surrounding all airport premises modelled in the package. This fence has also been accepted to terrasync, and may guide pilots that don't install the package to find these premises, in spite of the non-existing layout.

The scenery package also includes a groundnet, but this will be non-operational due to outdate apt.dat.gz in every FG installation. Later I will provide a series of launching coordinates to be used instead of this groundnet.

The destination airport Rickebacker Intl. and AFB (KLCK) has also been updated in the scenery package with work published a few days ago in the X-Plane Gateway database. This includes a much improved airport layout (not complete but much better than the current terrasync version). It also features several shared objects from D-LASER's Project3000 Collection, so although KLCK is not a completely modelled ground, it is, in a more advance state than the default terrasync version. The shared models are also updated to terrasync, but as of now, they sit on surrounding grass in the places where tarmacs shall exist instead.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I did some helies practice in the new KEBD. The place looks really fun for helicopter's rides.
This month's USA tour will feature a few additional challenges, among which we have i) flying helicopters, ii) find the pit stop airport _KEBD_ and iii) Succesfully land and take off from there, where surrounding but mountains.

Now, If you do not install the additional package, you will not find anything in this place, except some mountain hills, and if using terrasync, a fence. The fence surrounds the premises, which may help guiding you on where to touch down -- if the other helies don't give you a clue.
But if attempting a landing on forest land is a bit uncomfortable, pilots can look some 5 nm west, where, just closer to Williamson, WV, you can find the much smaller Mingo Airport (4I0 _ fouer india zero).

Here you can see Mingo Airport from above, and in the second image, the city of Williamson, and at the distance to the East, the newly installed Appalachian Regional Airport, where you will have your friends touching down! :D

Mingo County Airport (4I0) --existing in terrasync scenery

Williamson, then Mingo Airport (4I0),then Mingo County Regional Airport (or Appalachian Regional - KEBD)

The VFR map of the area as seen on Skyvector

IH-COL

R.M.S.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Loaded the new airports but, not able to select KEBD to spawn in at KEBD in FGrun as it's not listed? Do I have to wait for Terrasynch to update the airports list?

P.S. Derp! I didn't read the entire thread, gonna be a few months till TerraStink get's the airport list and AP-dat updated. OK I can load in at 4I0 and haul myself over to the new airport, being exactly due east helps find it easier.

BTW I'm flying the unfinished Augusta AW-139. which is used a lot for SAR, and several countries use it in their Coast Guard and Naval rescue groups
Last edited by LesterBoffo on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “USA Tour”