USA TOUR Event | SAT AUG 19TH 16:00-23:00 UTC

The USA Tour Archive. Event Concluded
IAHM-COL

USA TOUR Event | SAT AUG 19TH 16:00-23:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Important Notification

Make sure to get installed the [url]confirmed aircraft[/url] before hand, to avoid delays or yellow gliders :P

USA TOUR event | 56th Leg: The END, Part II -- Free Jets | SAT Aug 19th 16:00-23:00 UTC

FIFTYSIXTH TRIP: Grand Finale
Departing Norfolk Intl. Airport (KORF): Norfolk - Virginia Beach, Virginia
Arriving San Francisco International Airport (KSFO): San Francisco, California

*************************************************************************************************************************
Leg Distance: approx 2200 nm
Competing Aircraft: Any Jet Aircraft
Expected Cruising Speed:0.81Ma or per your aircraft of choice specs
Expected Cruising Altitude:at or around FL340 or per your aircraft of choice specs
Expected Duration (en route): 5h en route or per your aircraft of choice specs
**************************************************************************************************************************

The END, Part II -- Free Jets

After a five year run, the last USA Tour Flight organized by IAHM-COL is programmed to occur on August 19th, 2017. We've travelled to each State and territory using varied topics, themes, planes, flight conditions, and routes; and it's been a blast to enjoy your company throughtout these years, thus I invite you to join us in a grand finale.

The last flight will start in our previous arrival at Norfolk Airport in Virginia, and will be a cross-county coast-2-coast travel to reach the last programmed airport of the Tour: San Francisco International (KSFO). The last flight was programmed as such due to KSFO being the Flightgear home-base during the years the tour was flown.

Aircrafts

Grand Finale: Free Jets

In order to succesfully participate in the USA Tour segment 55th, pilots are invited to choose any Jet-Engine aircraft. No further restrictions.

I am proposing the following cruising conditions: FL340@0.81Ma, but if your ship of choice needs a different speed we welcome you to freely adjust conditions of flight

Let us know which aircraft or aircrafts are you planning to join with,

Per popular request we will bring this tour of the leg to the regular FG servers. Hopefully we can show a very nice populated event, and maybe meet new friends

GCMAP

Route

SKYVECTOR

Code: Select all

HPW  MOL J24 HVQ J24 FLM J134 STL V4 MCI J80 CATTS J80 HLC V4 GLD J80 FQF V134 DBL V134 JNC J80 MLF V244 ILC  OAL   

PROCEDURES

CHARTS

SID

STAR

Multiplayer Server

Operations will take place in the regular Flightgear Multiplayer servers.

Communications

Communications will take place with mumble. Important messages can be relayed on FGChat. Sincere thanks to Michat for offering the intercom room and channels. This will be located in the FG mumble server:

Code: Select all

server: mumble.allfex.org Room: USA Tour

To install and prepare the mumble (any OS), see here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Forum

Follow us in the Free Flight Free Speech Flightgear Forum at http://www.thejabberwocky.net

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Re: USA TOUR Event | SAT AUG 19TH 16:00-23:00 UTC

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:12 pm

I select the A340-313X

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

NC-687

Postby NC-687 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 am

I'll try to be in with the Boeing 707

V12

Postby V12 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:40 pm

30 minutes ago I ordered 70 tons of Jet A1 for my Concorde.

Where can I download latest version of B707 ?
ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:02 pm

R.M.S.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:04 pm

I'll try to be there at least for the first part, because for me it'll end at 0100 in the morning so..
After so much flying of the C-32J durign the #NTWM World Tour I'd either select the C-32J-20 (same pack) or something else... 8-)
Regards, Mav

PS: Israel, today 1730z at RJTY we start the Asiatic leg of the World Tour, would be nice to have ya on board ;) .
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Yay! I was just wondering when the date of the Tour was going to be. I'll be there with my MD-10ERX.

Note to those who might be considering flying this plane. We've been doing a lot of upgrades to the aircraft, with a bunch of attention to the Auto Flight function. It works amazing and is a major improvement over the old Auto Pilot. Thank you It0uchpods and JMaverick-16!!!

But...Somehow the livery function is broken and the plane only has the blank white exterior (If you decide to fly the modified KC-10M, the liveries work fine). We are working on it and hope that it is fixed by the time of the tour. It has no impact on the flyability of the model, however. If you have questions, contact me or Josh (It0ouchpods) for information.

The next phase of the MD-10 project is that we are converting to JSBSim from YASim! Stay tuned!

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/MD-10

Screenshot of MD-10 in DC-10 Rollout Livery in Front of the USA Tour Building at KXTA

SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:PS: Israel, today 1730z at RJTY we start the Asiatic leg of the World Tour, would be nice to have ya on board ;) .

Cant' do. Im not home that time
Have a great tour.
On weekdays wont' be able either. Saturdays are kind of my schedule frame.... and it was NTWM tour's rest day :oops:

Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 pm

Nice Skyboat! maybe some improvements can be done in time for the Tour ;) .

IAHM-COL wrote:Saturdays are kind of my schedule frame.... and it was NTWM tour's rest day :oops:

Yeah, sorry for that, but I didn't want to plan the Tour on the same days as FGUK FlightNights take place, especially since some of them flew along the Tour during weekdays ;) .
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey, I forgot to mention that Saint-Saen's Organ Symphony is one of my all-time favorites. Great choice for the final leg!
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Return to “USA Tour”