World's Challenging Approaches -8 |PAJN|26-05-2018|16:00Z |

KB7

Re: World's Challenging Approaches -8 |PAJN|26-05-2018|16:00Z |

Postby KB7 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:54 am

Second issue.... After trying to land in Victoria BC this evening and not finding a runway but water instead (still got it on the ground by diverting), I decided to spin up at the trip airports and found that PAJN is likewise under water for me. I see Flightgear is up to its old irritating tricks that they apparently haven't bothered to fix. But Anchorage loaded just fine after trying to spin up at PAJN, which makes me wonder if it is scenery corruption or bad scenery files.

So has anyone else spun up at PAJN and found it to load fine? And/or what is the state of Terragit and do you think I can download it before the weekend?
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

V12

Postby V12 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:07 am

PAJN on the terrasync is OK. There are many screenshots of that airport and all are flawless.
Probably, You had some problem with internet connection. Try start FG on PAJN, this step force scenery download.

I observed problem on terragit scenery, terrain is 1 meter higher,than should be. But nowhere is under water.
ImageImage

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Tue May 22, 2018 1:01 pm

For next time, if you want to geterrasync scenery try to download tiles through terramaster before flight. For terragit use github shell/console framework.
Terragit scenery for PAJN need to readjust objects elevation because regenerated airport, use fgelev.py to get it.

V12

Postby V12 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Manual approach to rwy 08 :

and smooth land :

ImageImage

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 22, 2018 7:53 pm

KB7 wrote:] And/or what is the state of Terragit and do you think I can download it before the weekend?

TerraGit is up and working. You've got plenty of time. You dont need to install all of the World to get the tiles for this event going on terraGIT.
:D

As others say, the objects in Juneau might be a little underground. It does not bother me. Can be corrected, but I had not seen anyone sending a push or pull request with the fix.

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KB7

Postby KB7 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks! I figured it was likely tile corruption.

For better or worse I've decided to go big. I'm really tired of the missing tiles errors so I decided to take on the World. I think my connection can handle it, though I'm still cloning files and will execute the pull before bed. The loss of flying time will be worth having the whole world available to me without hoping on Terrasync loads. :)
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

KB7

Postby KB7 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:09 am

TerraGIT to the rescue!

As above all the models appear to be sunken by a meter, but having a nice solid runway to land on is excellent!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 23, 2018 2:57 pm

good to hear it is of help.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 pm

KB7 wrote:
IAHM-COL wrote::D IH-COL up in gate

I am trying to remember if there is some trick beyond just deleting the "master" at the end of an FGMEMBERS download to get it to recognize? (This and other planes I've got aren't showing up in the plane list despite my listing the directory location I know they're in.... And I had to install 2017.3.1 when I restored to this system from my last laptop that died). I downloaded the Jumbolino from FGMEMBERS and don't see it in my aircraft selection list. I would like to see everyone which is why I'm posting the Q here...

Removing -master; no further trick does it most of the cases; including the Jumbolino. Needs the JPack installed!
If the plane still does not list, not a problem of the plane, but of FG and its uneffective launcher.

Best,
IH

R.M.S.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I am planning to participate this Saturday. I'll be flying the the newest version of the MD-10. Josh (it0uchpods) has been working on it from the ground up and it flies beautifully! It's still a work in progress, so some flightdeck items are not yet operational, but everything necessary to fly and navigate are in place.

If you don't have it in your Aircraft folder, you will need to go to FGMEMBERS and download both the MD-11 and the MD-10. Since the two planes share so many features, we have tied them together, which is very much an analog to how they operate in real life.

BTW, if you decide to fly the new MD-10 or MD-11, you definitely need to practice learning how to operate the autopilot. If you have flown the A32X or A33X, it is the same format. Otherwise you need to go through the tutorial. You'll be glad you did! You can always ask me or Josh a question about it, as well.

Here are the links:

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/IDG-MD-11X.git

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/IDG-MD-10X.git

When you unzip the files you have to remove the -master from the folder names.

@KB7-- It will be great to fly with you again!

Wheels up!

SkyBoat

Image: Climbing out of EDDF into the morning sky

SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Return to “World's Challenging Approaches Tour”