Oh! Just stop it.
Just check the forums to see how many complaints were there :P
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KL-666

Re: ATCJomo

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:22 pm

The amount of complaints is not a good measurement of whether they are justified. A complete class may decide to come up with fake complaints just to bully one of their class mates. Would you say, ow well, that must be a nasty child considering the amount of complaints, lets expel him? Or would you rather not make such an error of judgement, and rather investigate each and every complaint, so you can find out they are fake?

The quality of complaints about Jomo is horribly low. I can know, having spent hours descending and climbing out there, and listening to children who wanted to play a different game than Jomo and everyone else. The simple answer to that is, no we are not going to play another game just because you cry. Next these same children start smudging campaigns on the forums. Resulting in some people being mislead into believing that Jomo is a very bad person.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 pm

:|

Having spent time with him, I don't need someone else to judge him.

The attitude to the new-comers is the one I don't agree with.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:03 pm

At best, Jomo is an acquired taste, lets be honest here. Normally, I avoid Germany too when he is around. Amsterdam has at similar times a very nice ATC and so has Paris (Paris though is laggy).
However, having said that, I am well aware, that I myself are definitively also an acquired taste. So there is always some degree of "relative" in it. And, as the example with Omega and me showed, things can change. In the beginning, unfamiliar with the terminology and having a hard time to understand him, I was so desperate, I even dropped out of the first day of a two day leg of the USA Tour. In the meantime, I actually enjoy being ATCed by Omega. I learned, I understand more of the procedures. Omega speaks clearer (I don'T know whether he has a new mic).
Now, honestly, this is a flightsim, so I have heard. You don't think, you will in rl always get a nice ATC when you want one? See, here are two entirely different examples for you to consider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcB8Ds6wFDg
http://www.4vfr.com/?goto=atc_overheard&section=atc
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi SHM,

I am a top ace manual pilot, yet i have my bad landings.

In the same way i see Jomo. He has sometimes his bad judgements about really bad pilots. But hey what is lost? Just train a day, and you are welcome again at EDDF. Unless you have been very abusive. But then i would say that is your own fault.

See, my first visit at EDDf was a sheer disaster. So what did i do?

1) Tell Jomo he is an asshole?

2) Train a bit better to control my plane.

I did the second. Of which i suppose that is the kindest thing to do.

Kind regwrds, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:23 am

+1 KL-666

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:27 am

Can't disagree on you that, and I stand by the same.

But what you see here in most of the cases is his anger, once he decides to calm the heck down and tell pilots in a more friendly manner he will be the one who is going to benefit from it. More pilots would like to fly with him, and he'll get more traffic.

Elgaton does weekly atc at LIPX and my first ATC experience was with him under my old callsign though. He was able to get me down safely considering the terrain there and I was probably not at all experienced then. But from then on, I got the hang of it and I love flying under ATC.

Now do you see the difference. :)
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:41 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 05#p311838
Jomo wrote:Changes at EDDF

1) I believe the new "TerraGit scenery" (see announcement viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13009&start=15#p310252) makes viewing the EDDF films a lot more interesting. So I will go on using that -- although you might not see the same when you visit EDDF yourself (without the "TerraGit scenery").

2) Within that new scenery there are placed 60-AI-models. Those are visible for all - in my movies! But you by yourself will only see them when you have installed the new TerraGit-scenery!

Hi Jomo :D

I'm glad you like it. Enjoy!

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 am

it0uchpods wrote:Then let's hear the whole story.

The users either don't want to, or don't know how to, as I said.

I know that's what you said, and it's not the whole truth. Just because you imply that's the only problem doesn't mean its' true.

I actually also agree with Vincent when he says that a bunch of complaints doesn't mean that the complaints are true.

Having said that though there are several examples where a pilot either does nothing wrong and Jomo is just mistaken, or where a pilot wants to follow commands and knows how to follow commands but where there are computer problems preventing them to follow them exactly. And when Jomo thinks that someone is doing something wrong he expresses himself in a not very nice way. And when he does some pilots try to explain what happened and he doesn't want to hear it. So the impression is that he thinks he knows everything and that everyone else is wrong and he won't discuss anything with anybody. Just accept that he's right or fuck off. That's the attitude he has at times. And so some pilots like I said either try to explain and then get that reception from him, or they don't even bother and skip straight to telling him to screw himself.

Now, if you don't think this is true because a lot of pilots are jerks and don't know how to participate, and because you've never seen Jomo do this, then you either haven't read some of the threads / complaints, or you're just ignoring it for some reason.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 am

And btw; whomever has done ATC at the festivals has been super-nice. You know who you are. I liked all of you very much. Accurate but nice and patient.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Return to “Flying”