Issues with Jomo's ORCAM

Need help getting your computer to behave? Need help installing or running FG? Need help compiling? This is your first place to start!
PavlinS

Issues with Jomo's ORCAM

Postby PavlinS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 am

Tonight I've noticed, that ATC Jomo has issues with the aircraft's gear. Also I've noticed that the planes that does not have gear are in the same livery / which I found a bit weird/.
Watch the 22.04.2018 movie of Jomo. You'll see me without gear and with JAL livery, instead of AAL, that I were using. On 777-300ER. Same with one guy with AAL, going to KATL / I were going to KMIA, btw/.
Afterwards I saw landing on AFR livery again with 777. The gear was visible, the livery-too.
I think it's an ORCAM issue. But I am not sure. The fact that the broken planes were with JAL livery both makes me wonder why.
Btw do not mark on me for missing the taxiway and proceeding to L instead, was a mistake.
I am using the it0uchpods gitlab 777. Do not know the other guy was using.
I am on the newest version of FG- 2018.1.
That's odd. Let's help Jomo finding a solution, shall we???
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

jomo

Re: Issues with Jomo's ORCAM

Postby jomo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 am

Let us try to find a solution, based on (technical) facts:
1) There is no "Jomo's ORCAM" - that ORCAM is nothing else but the long existing "ATC-tower model" with an added Ctrl-interface to OpenRadar. If you look closer you will find that the ORCAM is part of the OpenRadar release! (not JOMO! See http://wiki.flightgear.org/OpenRadarGuide#FGFS_ORCAM).

2) You must understand, that any other FGFS-Installation will never show the model that you fly - but it shows the model installed in the other FGFS-Installation (under the same Model-Name)! That is the same for any viewing of FGFS-models - not just for ORCAM! i.e. if Pilot 1 views the model of Pilot 2 he never sees the Pilot 2 model, but:
- if Pilot 1 has not install that same model in his local Library he will only see the famous "BlueYellow" glider
- if Pilot 1 has the same model installed he will see his installation of that model (that version may be different to what the Pilot 2 has installed!)
--> that means: Pilot 1 always sees his locally installed model -- controlled by the transmitted properties (e.g. gear in/out, ruder up/down, livery, etc.)

The big problem is, that obviously there are models released/upgraded that are not compatible with the prior version - e.g. the Gear-Ctrl. has been changed or the one model has more or less livery-types, etc.! Then the two pilots see different things. That is why I do not follow any request to install special models from unique designer-libraries!

So the problem you have is a Design problem! You say you use the "newest FG- 2018.1" release and the model out of "library XYZ". So how was it before? I am sure you had been in the movies before and everything was shown correct. Of course it is always a good idea to use the "newest versions" -- BUT ONLY if the designers took care that the new versions do support also the old ones - because when usage is worldwide you cannot expect that thousands of users are switching the versions at the same time! (e.g. I know some people still flying with FGFS 1.9 and/or scenery without runway 25R/07L in EDDF - although that all was changed several years ago!!)

By the way: Right now we have that problem not just with your models but also with many of the Airbus-models (look in the movies).

So if you want to be seen correct in the films - you have to find out what did change: The FGFS (handling the control-infos) or the models (having different features). But please do not expect from a "Movie-Maker" to change the objects he is filming!!!

One tip: Try to visit EDDF in your old model: If that shows ok - the model has changed - otherwise it maybe that FG- 2018.1 did change the handling of the controls/properties. I know you rather would like me (and the rest of the world) to always change to the newest - but that is not possible !!

You should contact your designers for
- an explanation
- or keeping compatibility between new/old versions
- or change the model-name so FGFS can differentiate between old/new
but pls. do not accuse the poor "jomo" who did not change anything!

jomo

Postby jomo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 am

You may also look into the just posted:
https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 59#p331259
That may give you a more detailed technical explanation of that problem-area!

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I do not accuse, Jomo. I made a point to ask people developers why this is happening to you. You missed understand me.

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:49 pm

I called it " ORCAM, because that's the view of the OR in FG. So, I've noticed that the landed AFR pilot was have gear and livery. And we both appeared as JAL without gear on your screen. I tough that might be un issue with the viewer only. But now I though that prob. because of the newest version of FG does not recognise properly planes from other then FGADDON hangar.
I made this topic, jomo to help.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:49 pm

The way how FG displays models thru multiplayer mode has been an outstanding issue, as jomo explains here, related not to the specific hanger an aircraft comes from, but on the fact that local rendering is done based on local content. Example, if a given person does not have the model a multiplayer fellow is flying, then this person will see the yellow/blue glider instead, since they lack local content. Likewise, if a person is using an updated/beta version of an aircraft both have installed, the viewer will have only access to their local content, which can be not equally updated, and the consequence could be that Pavlin describes above.

Fixing that does not seem very easy, unless major changes in FG Multiplayer system is envisioned.

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:35 pm

How can we help in this matter, IAHM-COL?

Return to “Technical Support”