FGMEMBERS 737-800YV little problem [Solved]

Need help getting your computer to behave? Need help installing or running FG? Need help compiling? This is your first place to start!
camileck

FGMEMBERS 737-800YV little problem [Solved]

Postby camileck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Hello All, my first post here :) I have downloaded 737-NG from FGAddon official hangar and 737-800 from FGMEMBERS (737-800YV). I have official 737NG in default path - ~/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/737NG and "custom" one in ~/.fgfs/CustomAircraft/Aircraft/737-800YV. I have specified additional path in Launcher wizard, I can see both official and custom aircraft in aircraft selection menu, I can successfuly tick (highlight) custom aircraft but still "default" one from FGAddon is being loaded. The only solution is to rename original 737NG folder, then "custom" aircraft is being loaded. Is it possible to set the paths priorities somehow to have the custom aircraft loaded by default without renaming FGAddon aircraft folder?

Log file abstract:

Code: Select all

input:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/options.cxx:2135:aircraft = 737-800
general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:575:Loading aircraft from package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.737-800
general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:211:found aircraft in dir: /home/camileck/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737NG

general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/options.cxx:2441:   option:aircraft-dir = /home/camileck/.fgfs/CustomAircraft/Aircraft/737-800YV

general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:708:Configuration State
general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:709:======= ==============
general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:711:aircraft-dir = "/home/camileck/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft/737NG"

general:3:/build/flightgear-HKtUQH/flightgear-2017.2.1/src/Main/fg_init.cxx:716:aircraft-search-paths =
   /home/camileck/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon
   /home/camileck/.fgfs/CustomAircraft/Aircraft
   /home/camileck/.fgfs/CustomAircraft/Aircraft
   /home/camileck/.fgfs/Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon/Aircraft

IAHM-COL

Re: FGMEMBERS 737-800YV little problem

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Brief answer.

If the -set.xml file of two aircrafts in your compiled path have same names you won't be able to load but only one of those aircrafts.

Rename set files so no 2 of them are the same and you will be able to have both aircrafts installed and selectable.

This is better than renaming folder name, since the folder name is for most aircrafts hard coded. Once you alter the folder name your craft is unloadable till you either restore the folder name, or you correct all the hard paths in aircraft source, which is a harder approach to simply rename the set file.

Off course by renaming folder name, changing the set file name, and correcting the hard paths to folder name, all together, you would be creating a new independent aircraft that can be developed by itself further.

Ihcol
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm

:) And welcome to the forum
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

camileck

Postby camileck » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:21 pm

As simple as that! Reneming *-set files worked like a charm! Thank you Ihcol!

Return to “Technical Support”