Magnus effect

bomber

Magnus effect

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:46 pm

any of you guys had a play with trying to model this in FG ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: Magnus effect

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 pm

I can't even get lift due to alpha right :oops: :cry:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:58 pm

I don't suppose you particularly want to hear that my present experiment is to get both LIFT/SIDE/DRAG and Normal/Side/Axial working at the same time and being able to switch between the two inflight.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:17 pm

I dont mind at all if you push the JSBsim (flight) envelope a bit, and I learn a bit while you do it.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:13 pm

The challenge at present with it is to split out all the common code between the two systems and ensure there's no duplication, after all I don't need two sets of velocities, qbars, angle of attacks etcs....

then fly with them both running at the same time to confirm that lift in one equals the lift in the other then switch between the two systems...

Return to “JSBsim”