Opinions are dangerous....

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

Opinions are dangerous....

Postby bomber » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:56 pm

We don't want ideas to spread, others may take up the idea so we stop the spread of these dangerous ideas.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 4f9fa5319b
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Opinions are dangerous....

Postby jwocky » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 pm

When you work with ideas, you have to keep in mind, ideas are like cow patties. Means some people are disgusted by them and they only develop their full fertility when they are spread out. So, spread the ideas there and here and maybe, if we get some programming capacities up in the future, things could happen.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:25 pm

Happy new year everyone... OK not everyone.

Recently we had a flight modelling discussion/experiment over on Fgmembers forum.. This type of sharing of different opinions and approaches couldn't be had here on this forum for the very reasons you're facing.

It's a shame that existing maintainers consider ideas and change dangerous... so dangerous that topics have to be flamed to prevent ideas spreading but that's what the silent majority, the sheep, the spineless and the sycophants that visit this forum want... They've made their bed and with the present moderators that fail to see the real evils, they have to lie in it.

However you don't have to and if you do want to voice an idea and have it reviewed and commented upon without condescension... if you want to distribute your work within a community of the open minded then may I suggest for 2017 you try Fgmembers.

Simon.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:31 pm

jwocky wrote:ideas are like cow patties ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Yes, an idea is not much. Not some good information you can make a balanced judgement about. But when shared, the discussion about it can lead to a concrete plan, that has body enough to judge it's merit and fallacies. So i consider it important that there is an environment where ideas can be discussed.

Sad enough on that other forum they see it different. They think that they should flame down the little idea, that has not even had the chance to grow into a complete and judgeable plan yet. Such behaviour is really blocking creativity and progress, and can eventually lead to the death of a complete project.

Well, fortunately there is still this forum for ideas to grow.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:25 pm

That's the point I'm trying to make Vincent....

No one wants to see a piss poor idea be implemented but at the same time the total annihilation of ideas/suggestions is counter productive...

It also brings up a question I have...

It's said by Hammersmurf that other people ideas, even his own are challenged in the same robust way... why then are some of the things at every new version a complete surprise to me ?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:41 pm

bomber wrote:It's said by Hammersmurf that other people ideas, even his own are challenged in the same robust way...

He completely misses the point: Ideas should and can not be challenged. Only the resulting concrete plan should be.

I get to hear of ideas of which i think: "It is never going to work". But i keep my mouth shut, until i get to see the concrete plan grown out of the idea. Surprisingly often the plan is good and covering all my concerns. So i say: "Let's implement it!" Had i said at the idea stage: "Forget it, it is not going to work and i do not want to hear anything more about it", then we had missed out on a very useful piece of software.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 pm

This text is so much besides reality, that it is hilarious. Surely it is meant as satire?

Wlbragg wrote:99.9% of the time the trouble starts by the individual interpreting Thorsten's response as an attack when it is not. Usually within the next 2 tor 3 posts from the individual, the individual starts making it personal. Still, 99.9% of the time Thorsten tries to keep it at a discussion level. After considerable effort on Thorsten's part to explain his position, he tends to end it rather abruptly when he sees the discussion has turned into an argument and slid down cliff personal. At that point I am actually impressed by Thorsten's restraint.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31352&p=302427&sid=fb9fc1997800074c5ae066c457dce89e#p302427

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:29 pm

I think a year of quoting this post and calling bullshit to this at every attack by Thorsten will wear thin on the sycophant.

Me thinks it's going to be a long 2017 for him... Unless Thorsten can restrain himself... but as his self imposed bans last no longer than a week I don't hold out much hope.

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:44 pm

Crickey some twists and turns in that topic...
Nothing we've not seen before mind. And now the great magician speaks from behind his curtain.

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”