I really dont know how to name it or where to post it

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
Side

I really dont know how to name it or where to post it

Postby Side » Sun May 29, 2016 12:53 pm

They moved my post from media/screenshots to 3rd Party Repositories :lol:
Your topic has been moved
by bugman » 29 May 2016, 14:42

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29679

Side

Side

Re: I really dont know how to name it or where to post it

Postby Side » Sun May 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Sorry for double post but I couldn't resist:

It's a pity people feel unable to contribute to the terrasync repository so that the 99% of the users who aren't dealing with GIT on a daily basis can also enjoy it...

Thorsten

Keep on rocking!!

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun May 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Thorsten wrote:It's a pity people feel unable to contribute to the terrasync repository so that the 99% of the users who aren't dealing with GIT on a daily basis can also enjoy it...

Thorsten wrote:He didn't move, he never tried to contribute to terrasync in the first place. I also asked him why, and despite a long thread, he couldn't really explain it.

Thorsten wrote:
Anyway that's not my war I just post an outstanding landscape to fly with almost not fp killing

At worst it is, at best you allowed yourself to be used in it.

As said by the previous poster, the tools have been made ready by several FG contributors who aim at a consistent world scenery. To bridge the gap till that becomes available, the terrasync repository has been opened to accept submissions.

Unfortunately, some people do all to disrupt the current development, funnel contributors away from the project and try to establish their own alternative infrastructure to replace terrasync - for whatever their reasons may be (it seems to have a lot to do with Nazis).

SHM wrote:[code2=]Mr.Bugman and friends dont edit/delete the post :P Looks like you people don't know what media/screenshots are!
[/code2]
I really didn't want to return to this ___ forum.

Lets make something clear MR.THORSTEN I am contributing to terrasync. I know you are a liar so you should probably know it.

Its just the method of how scenery is being implemented that is causing the problems.

Here are the airports I have done : https://gateway.x-plane.com/artist/page/1086
Its uploaded to the gateway meaning that people like you will get to enjoy it eventually if you still live.

Now coming to the shapefiles, that is also uploaded to terragit : https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT?u ... 3&query=cs
The map server isn't there now. So, I am uploading somewhere from where it could be used when world scenery 3.0 is generated.

Please stop spreading lies.

Now explain how the hell am I not contributing to terrasync!

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=577&p=9989#p9989
Also read from the 4th post from the bottom.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Hello SHM,

Good post at the other forum. You have clearly proven the lying of Thorsten. But do not let yourself be pulled further in their endless murky discussion games. Hooray is already immediately trolling by restating Thorstens lie slightly different. It is just impossible to have a decent discussion with people that are only in it to troll.

Let them remember their own forum rules and be banned.
6) While differing opinions are fine, facts are facts. Continual disagreement with facts is considered trolling.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun May 29, 2016 2:34 pm

True Vincent. No point in talking to them.
But I felt I should state things clearly. :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Side

Postby Side » Sun May 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Not only that, Vincent... my primarily intention was to show the magnificent work on Singapore on the screenshots subforum but my post was moved to that other subforum by bugman... weird if they didnt want arguing.

Side

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:54 pm

And Thorsten happily continues trolling:

I'm glad to hear you're contributing the scenery you create to terrasync - I must have missed your merge request to the repository then. Please point me to it and I'll retract my statement immediately

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29679&p=286826#p286826

Not sure in what banana republic he lives, but in decent countries the one who accuses has the burden of proof. Instead of turning things around in an attempt to troll, you better just go and wash your mouth with soap, Thorsten.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 29, 2016 5:20 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 79#p286849
Mr. Thorsten (Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde) wrote:Ah yes - was that the boundary someone assured me during the last conversation with you people isn't actually created because the way the TerraGit team selects the input terrain data to avoid that?

However you got to that interpretation, you are wrong.
the seams at tile boundaries are there, and are visible. It is a problem inherent with ws2.0 scenery and terragear, and we don't know how to fix this.
therefore, the type of patching we do in terraGIT is unacceptable for the QC required on terrasync.

My point is that this "thin red line" is irrelevant, and hardly seen except by a very cautious exploration of the scenery, and then I don't mind a patch work .Really the boundary becomes very evident if landclasses at the boundary are not matching, which becomes a massively evident change on landclasses which the eye readily detect. (Say, Kansas, per example)

On matching landclasses the gap is seen as a tiny (1 or less pixels) discontinuous gaps in rect-lines.

It does not cross Torsten's QC requirements, and as such, there's no terrasync patching doable (as Torsten said, except in fully surrounded by water areas -- read isolated islands)

I mentioned before: Torsten's requirements are so far fetched with what's technically possible that it comes as just another point for him":
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=520#p8772

IAHM-COL wrote:
That answer was an end of the deal. Because I can't satisfy such stringest requirements yet.
The conflicts he mention there exits are are latent in terraGit, such as the tile boundaries, and the fact that the database doesnt get updated.

He throw the ball too far, and I couldn't reach it. Goal! Torsten 10 - Israel 0

Mr. Thorsten (Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde) wrote:So yes, if this is an acknowledgement that the TerraGit procedure (as expected by yours truly) will create a patchwork of discontinuous tiles, then the strategy indeed doesn't qualify for terrasync (which has the stated aim of providing a consistent world scenery).

Thanks for letting me know then. I sort of took your (I don't remember whether this was you in particular, so this is a general you) word that you're able to create seamless scenery despite my expectations.

Ok. Good is clarified.
Also, OSM2city objects can't be submitted by the scenery database, so forget about those coming into terrasync as well.

I tried hard to push Geneve OSM2City to terrasync, only to get severely talked down by VicMar.

And respect to the work by Omega Hangar (Changi buildings) they are not formatted properly for The database submission.
I wont attempt formatting these to submit to terrasync (on the database) after the bitter-bitter experience with Chubu (RJGG)

So, no
This works remains as terraGIT only, since it all counts, it does not satisfy the Quality requirements for Terrasync.

It is just too great to be consistent to terrasync.
And you are definitely looking for consistency.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon May 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Mr.bug just send me aPM, saying that if I cross post anymore I'll get a ban.

As if I give a .... :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon May 30, 2016 1:38 pm

And I'm banned for a day. Lol proves their incompetence.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”