The Witch Finder General

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
IAHM-COL

Re: The Witch Finder General

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:47 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:
And by the way, if you are willing to learn too, I'm pretty sure you will love the new A330-200. Daweed did a great job on the overhead panel.

I'll sure love to try it out. But ...
1) its private. I dont get access to the repository
2) if I get access to the repository, since it is GPL material, it will take miliseconds for that development to get into FGMEMBERS, so I doubt you guys are willing to deprivatize your "cool" toy.

And #2 is what I meant. You, daweed, others, did not NEED to agree with artix. You could have just say: Cool! we'd love to develop further this plane, but we want to keep it shared and public, so it either public or you are alone and by yourself.

[as a matter of fact I also received artix invitation to join such "this is private" dev-team. I had to pass on the offer of biting such poisoned apple, because there aren't princesses in the real world)

The FGMEMBERS' repository already provided all of you a public and open and opensourced place to move any plane forward. The A330 included.

But since you agreed with artix, you are all guilty of the sin of selfishness.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Look, mate. It will be in FGMEMBERS.
It will be in artix75/A330-200 eventually.
But these systems take time to develop; time to test.
I
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:56 pm

your point being?
That I should be afraid of trying out a Work in Progress?
I had never been.

As a matter of fact, I LOVE being a dev. guinea pig, and tell the people where the bugs still live.

That is also what the master branch of FGMEMBERS is for.

your point being?
That you aren't selfish of not sharing because of an due promise of sharing in the undisclosed future?
Poisonous apple. I don't bite that one.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Very true, but nothing I can do about it now... except maybe hurry the release on a bit.
Nothing personal; truly. If you would not put it on FGMEMBERS... yet... I would give you a .zip in a jiffy. But after vitos offer on the Su15, i know you wouldn't, and I respect you for it.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:02 pm

you are correct, sir.

If you give me the material, it will go "the SpaceShuttle" road.
It's GPL, I take it and redistribute to EVERYONE else. Not to Thorsten friends only. Not to Artix friends only.

I know you are tied to the promise you made to artix. I know you are already slept after biting that apple. So. That's that. A lesson for life you need to take.

In the meantime, it is honorable of yours to respect what you promised. You are literally stuck with it.

At least it is good that you seem to acknowledge that you made a morally incorrect (or at least a selfish) promise. Exact reason what I had to decline Vitos' Offer to teach me how to fly the Sukhoi.

R.M.S.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Okay, I really hope I) understood Lester wrong ... making a plane that was barely able to get off the ground and was in no way in the real specs by exchanging all the inerts including AP and FDM is "planting my flag on someone else's building"? Lester, I hereby politely ask you to elaborate on that.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:12 pm

Poisonous apple?!
:o :shock: :lol:
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 pm

If I get the point correctly, I believe Lester is talking about Vitos Su15 parallel.

The question being: Why can Vitos fully restrict his plane? The reason: because he made it all from scratch, so he did not inherit previous licensing clauses.
In the case of the Lancaster, per example, the plane was GPL, and regardless how much better you make it to "plant" your name on it, it will still be GPL. Even, in the hypothetical Thorstenian case you wanted it not to be.

R.M.S.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:14 pm

The thing about Vito's Su-15 is that with enough runway and some practice, you could get the basics down on getting off the ground safely.

Russian fighter jets from this time period had a design philosphy, they were not unlike the F-104 Starfighter or even the old X-plane Douglas Stilletto, which both would be good practice aircraft to get you used to high wing loaded aircraft with fast take-off and landing speeds.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:31 pm

I still don't get it. I mean, I got the 3d from Helijah's GPL Lancaster and so he is in there as an author. I did the FDM and AP and other stuff in a fork after a collaboration with Helijah didn't come to life. And thus, I am in there as author as well. And since the plane was supposed to be fun for everybody who liked to fly it, tinker on it or just have it standing around to look good, it is GPL.
I suspect, I stumble here a little bit over a low flying language bareer with that "plant the flag" thing????
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”