The Witch Finder General

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

The Witch Finder General

Postby bomber » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:04 pm

That man is doing more harm to FG

Are we sure his first name isn't CLINT.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: The Witch Finder General

Postby jwocky » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 pm

Well, since I know only two Clints, one is an actor and did never real ahrm and the other one is a profiler who spent his whole life to prvent harm ... yep, I am pretty sure THAT man's name isn't Clint ... :lol:
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:56 pm

You mean vitos, stuart, or Thorsten?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Vitos?
What do you have against him.

1) great developer
2) very knowledgeable
3) very willing to share his knowledge

and I don't think he is that impolite. But he is found in a situation that he NEEDs to respond to the incessant attack by Thorsten and Hooray.

Look, his Su15 is a thread for him to promote that plane. and Talk to people interested in testing it and flying it and like it,. Not a place for Thorsten and Hooray to come to do some propaganda about how bad Vitos work is, and how much better theirs is (PROPAGANDA).
How many times has Vitos go talk down the other two guy's projects in their threads (look for Vitos in the SpaceShuttle thread per example)? NONE!

Besides, the guy makes really reasonable points, like: He is clearly not willing to cooperate with those other two guys. Which they keep insisting he has too, or he better too, etc. And everyone gets heated against Vitos for disliking work with those two (which I really find unsurprising).

So, I am sorry lego, but you are looking at Vitos with the wrong lense. And don't thrust the Moderators position on the matter, because they are clearly biased.

So, that's that.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:22 pm

Well, about Vitos ... he can be rude ... dammit, I can be rude too and sometimes, it is justified, sometimes not. So for Heaven's sake, invite him over here to promote his plane and all is good. We are busy to beat each other up about politics, I guess, if someone choses a wrong word or words something a bit on the rugged side ... hey, book that under free speech, we have all the time worth here.
The 1st Amendment states, everybody has the right to speak his opinion
The 1st Amendment doesn't state the opinion has to be right ot truthful or even has to make sense and for sure, it says nothing about what is polite. So ...

Well, just my two cents.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 pm

100% with J.

Besides, I don't think Vitos is so impolite. He is socially knowledgful, and he knows that the only way to maintain the boastful ego of Thorsten under control is smashing the low hit. He can bleed. That's better than he getting away with his humiliating attitudes backed up by Curtis and other "status quo" guardians.

So when Vitos go all frontal to Thorsten, now, oh boy, do I know where he is coming from.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:35 pm

I do understand that, but for all of that....
He just acts like a spoiled child.
No! My plane is best! You can't change it! No! I won't put up documentation of my code! Nobody bothered!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Yeh because the others acting so grown up....

And why considering he's spent so long on the vehicle , can't he ring fence it...

I tell ya know if I built a Lancaster, I'd not allow anyone to touch it.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

It's Thorsten, the guy goes out of his way to be annoyed with people, he doesn't do diplomacy well.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Okay, so I am the only stupid who builds Lancasters and allow others to touch them ... now, that made my day :lol:

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”