Helijah censorship prediction

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

Helijah censorship prediction

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:45 am

Look I don't like Helijah's attitude towards creating 300+ exterior models and then saying he owns them, and that the're his only to maintain..

I don't think it's practical to maintain 300+ aircraft...that said FG community created this monster and they're going to have to live with it.

He said his responses would get deleted/censored and on this he was correct, so I got to give him that.
Frankly I think it's rather funny that 2 non-native English speaking people are arguing about the words used.
His request, taken at face value without reading between the lines or reading into it something that it's not of changing a folder name so as it doesn't over-right existing works... I have to say seems a reasonable request.

It'a not deriding anyone, or taking for granted others work...infact over-writing someone elses work is doing exactly that.... So I think Octal was bang out of order and he should wind his neck in....

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37671

Of course you can't read any one that....as it all got deleted... never existed.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Re: Helijah censorship prediction

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am

Bugger me, I've just read Stuarts response and we're in agreement.... that's got to be a first.

Although I think what he should have done is maybe highlighted the personal attack and made it clear to everyone the reason for the ban... what is not acceptable interpretation of what another has written and his response to it.

That way people can see what is and isn't acceptable .... where the line is... and the users can see consistency of approach.
At present that is not the case, which leads to a cycle of continuation and frustration.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:31 pm

bomber wrote:Bugger me, I've just read Stuarts response and we're in agreement.... that's got to be a first.

Wait? In agreement with Stuart? I really curious now!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Haha

Someone did a JSBSim of one Helijah plane? I can see how the flames boiled.

IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:53 pm

if it had been that .... as a JSBsim author I'd be posting how Helijah was in the wrong, and what a clown he was.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:46 pm

bomber wrote:as a JSBsim author I'd be posting

It sounds about right to me

bomber wrote: Helijah was in the wrong, and what a clown he was.

It sounds about right to me

R.M.S.

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”