I didn't think they could sink this low

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
Catalanoic

Re: I didn't think they could sink this low

Postby Catalanoic » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:35 pm

what an inprecise opinion, be water my friend

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm

Do not understand you, Catalonoic. Explain, please?
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 pm

not that I really have much clue either, but maybe Cata meant this
https://www.brainpickings.org/2013/05/2 ... t-of-life/

In other words, be flexible, and be capable to adapt; like water to the shape of the vessel. Instead of being rigid, and consequently failing to fit.

I have no idea about Zen ideas, thou. And I wonder where one can distinguish the water-like flexibility, with the weakening postures of conforming. Where did the "be the change you want to see in the world" idea leave for? And also, why not being the vessel, and propose the shape the world will take?

IH
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:54 am

I thought we are changing the subject.
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Actually thought I wouldn't be posting anymore stuff here, but I got too much time and read through this statement so I just have to react.
And FGMEMBERS is a home of IDG. A32X and A33X are the best planes in FG.

Is it? As far as I know, IDG planes are planned to enter FGAddon once they are stable (V1.0). Also, they are not only on FGMEMBERS but most prominently on the main author's own github account, from where they've been forked to FGMEMBERS. And I don't see many (any) PRs from FGMEMBERS into the development repository in the last time.
First I do not understand why between the taxiways in Fg has a grass? That’s irrelevant to the realistic scenery.

I don't quite get what you mean here, do you mean that there is grass between one taxiway and another, like here http://silver-cloud-air.com/images/spey ... r_img2.jpg? Or are you talking about scenery issues with old airport (pre-850) where there is grass between parts of a taxiway?
Second, for 20 years developing I do not understand why you are still in the same navigation from 10 years long. Lots of waypoints are missing in FG.

That's correct. But have you every *really* thought about the reason for this? AFAIK, that's because there is no nav data available under an approriate license to include in the main FGFS release.
Also, I can ensure you that FGADDON does not have a single GOOD FOR FLYING PLANE In his HUGE NUMBER OF SHITTY aircrafts.

Oh, come on. There are a lot good aircraft in FGAddon: for example:
*CRJ700-family
*SpaceShuttle
*extra500
*c182s
*ec130
*ec135
*a few gliders (no self promotion intented ;D)
*and lots more
FG constantly crushing. You are on a cruise, everything goes well… THAN SUDDENLY “FlightGear HAS STOPPED WORKING”.
Awful fps on even the best computers no mater for computers from 10 and more years…
This simulator is ineffective, not realistic and not sophisticated.
And the logo statement of this simulator is not true anymore.
And the FGMEMBERS is BETTER THAN YOU."

Yes, there are times when FlightGear crashes. This comes with complicated software. You, yourself can commit your part to make these crashes less often by e.g. writing good bug reports
And I don't really understand why you think FGMembers would be better than FlightGear, because it's not really comparable. FlightGear is at first a program. FGMembers is a collection of Aircraft and Sceneries as addons for this program. If the program crashes and therefor you consider it bad, FGMembers can't help you with this.

I hope I wrote understandably. Please correct any mistakes in terms of fact or whatever. Sorry if anything I wrote is incorrect.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 pm

mmm. So D-ECHO has been hired as propaganda secretary?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:07 am

For an user what advantage does fgaddon give to use it rather than fgmembers which has the best of all planes :lol:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:36 am

SHM wrote:For an user what advantage does fgaddon give to use it rather than fgmembers which has the best of all planes :lol:

For example for a user of my aircraft ( I'm not sure if there are any out there, though ;) ), in case they are cloned to FGMEMBERS, there will be development version with very often unstable stuff, stuff that is not working correctly, a FLARM flying around in the cockpit for test reasons as I use my development repository as a backup for in-dev stuff. Prior to every release to FGAddon, I check and test everything to only push stable stuff there.

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:42 am

Fgmembers has releases, you can either be on the bleeding edge or not. User's wish.

Anyway I don't want to start another argument here, just finished one :lol:
I've moved to P3d and I won't be returning back anytime soon. Its giving me what I want in terms of high fidelity aircrafts as well as scenery.

FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:17 am

SHM wrote:Fgmembers has releases, you can either be on the bleeding edge or not. User's wish.

Oh really? Didn't know that. Still, in that case I suppose the aircraft maintainer would have to tag a stable version so it can be a stable release, which hasn't happened and won't happen for any aircraft of mine and the other people preferring FGaddon, no extra work for me put into a system I can't control.
SHM wrote:Anyway I don't want to start another argument here, just finished one :lol:

:lol: :lol: No argument intented, just some reply and (maybe) discussion

SHM wrote:I've moved to P3d and I won't be returning back anytime soon. Its giving me what I want in terms of high fidelity aircrafts as well as scenery.

Have fun there! For me, it's necessary to be able to the sim and stuff myself, but that's a personal opinion.

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”