Curt 'weighed in' on the Shot of the Month for Nov.

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
LesterBoffo

Curt 'weighed in' on the Shot of the Month for Nov.

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:10 pm

I post a few screenshots to the SotM in the main forum. I was in a 3 way tie with two other posters and Curt decides to put in a vote after the vote stood for almost two weeks at this 3 way. And Curt's vote was for, (IMO ) the most pedestrian and not so great screenshot.

I'm wondering if this was because of most of my work being CC instead of GPL?

So yeah, FlightGear's 'leader' is all for maintaining a status quo of not letting alternative talent get more exposure. :lol:

Yeah this is a weak rant, but I'm just a bit miffed as I'm one of the few FG image posters who works through full ALS rendering with seasonally correct colors and cloud composing. I think my images have presence, I don't always post dark, murky, reddish, early dawn shots that look like the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust.

IAHM-COL

Re: Curt 'weighed in' on the Shot of the Month for Nov.

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Oh well.

King voted.

Maybe next time
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

I understand there's a vote happening.... but I also understand it's not a democracy..

It's kinda like the Catalan situation.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm

It's been years that the FG community does resemble the current Catalan situation.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm

Well, not entirely the Catalan situation. Unlike the Catalans, we were able to create a space where we can do what we want without interference by Curt's Central Government. Now, that place is maybe not everybody's taste, but I still like it.

See, take Wecsje as an example. I mean, here he goes all defender of Thorsten and calls us hypocrites and all, but think about it for a moment. Why is ha able to do that? Because here, we have created a free space. I so would like to see him going to Curtis forum and call King Curtis a hypocrite. Or Thorsten Snaketongue (for those who don't read, this is a Tolkien reference) wrong in anything. We all know, if Wecsje would have such a big mouth as he has here on their forum, he would be by know already honorable member in the Club of the Banned. Even funnier, I assume, he knows that as well. Which proves, we have achieved, at least mostly, what we wanted to achieve when I started this forum: A free space, unlike the Curtis forum. So, in a way, I have to be grateful for people like Wecsje. There is no better way to prove my point in all of this.

J.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Wecsje

Postby Wecsje » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm

You want me to go around the other Forum and do the same??? See, the only problem I have is that I have not clashed yet with Thorsten, Curt or anyone else there. When they give me a reason I will. And don't worry, I don't really care if I get banned or not.

C.

PS: I probably react to more stuff here because there are way less forum posts, on the other forum, I usualy only checkout the stuff inportant to me, and then mark all as read (which I do sometimes here aswell). I don't like to spend my time to search for "good posts to react to".
Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/wecsjelive
Contact methods: Discord (Wecsje#6351), FlightSims United discord (https://discord.me/flightsimsunited), Steam (Wecsje)
Track me on VATSIM: https://vatstats.net/pilots/1397313

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Wecsje wrote: See, the only problem I have is that I have not clashed yet with Thorsten, Curt or anyone else there. When they give me a reason I will. And don't worry, I don't really care if I get banned or not.

Bullshit....and I didn't realise smell travels on the web.

The only problem I see is your ability to keep your head down when someone else is 'taking it'...until it's safe for you to come out and give em a little kicking too.

Where's that chap that did the C172 ?.... do you know ? do you care ?..... nah because you aint clashed with em yet.

Simon
Last edited by bomber on Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:07 pm

bomber wrote:do you know ? do you care ?..... nah because you aint clashed with em yet.

Exactly
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”