Open letter to Hooray.

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

Open letter to Hooray.

Postby bomber » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:23 pm

You're continuing to tell everyone on the FG forum what I should have done or not done, like you've done my whole time there.

You've no idea if I and others looked at bombable or not or if we talked to Flug.

You've spent the last days excusing Thorsten and in general yourself for your condescending attitude to other people..

" Me think you protesteth too much "

I stuck around for years flight modelling in the direction I want my hobby to go in.... not the direction you wanted my hobby to in.. maybe you should take some time to understand that. I'm not the least bit bothered by yours and Thorstens comments about me but I am bothered about the negative effect you've had on other people's hobby.

That's what I'm guilty of... caring about other people's hobby which you think you can stomp all over and excuse yourselves by saying they should get a thicker skin...

Newbies are more fragile than anyone in FG and you and Thorsten are both guilty of not giving them the time to toughen up.

I understand your comments where you say if a person really believes in an idea he should stick with it through thick n thin..... It's just a shame you can't see the other side of the argument that in a respectful community these newbies wouldn't have to run the gauntlet of old lag critism.

IF this had been the case, I'd have spent many less hours arguing in their defence and for their rights to have an opinion heard without being treated so roughly in your much vaunted meritocracy.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

N3266G

Re: Open letter to Hooray.

Postby N3266G » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Image Image

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 am

How long has everyone tried to get that other forum to reason? Years. There is a time, where you just have to give up and discuss technology elsewhere, without being harrased all the time.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 am

Yeah, but if we want to discuss technology here (and to throw in one of my favorites too, aerospace history) we need first to get all the people back we lost to Discord. So, how do we do that?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:02 am

That is not hard. Just send Thorsten to Discord :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:32 am

jwocky wrote:Yeah, but if we want to discuss technology here (and to throw in one of my favorites too, aerospace history) we need first to get all the people back we lost to Discord. So, how do we do that?

You lost no one to discord. just tell us where to go for a mumble server and we will be there.
Image Image

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:15 am

KL-666 wrote:That is not hard. Just send Thorsten to Discord :-)

Yes that's my worst fear.... But as long as the FG discord has its present moderators and not sycophants they'll be fine.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm

@Falcon,

soon, after the current book is done, I take you by the word because I have a lot of questions to the community where to go with this project.

J.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Looking forward to it.
Image Image

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”