Going one step forward and two steps backward

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
SHM

Going one step forward and two steps backward

Postby SHM » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:31 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 15#p306624

Instead of fixing the terrasync system, trying to alter the way objects are submitted. Ugh!!

So after a new correct terrain (terraGit is already correct) is generated by terrasync, all those objects must be brought back to the correct location?

Catalanoic wrote:Placing objects precisely is not a pile of junk as you think, is a lot of time spent to reach some realism, these objects are REALLY there on reality, in Brazil, whats the problem? If you need buildings and objects for unrealistic and incorrect single-runway layouts do custom scenery, no time for that. If FG don't have 2017 layouts isn't my problem, there're alternative tools to get that, but i dont want to wait and change all object positions again and again each version, its counterproductive.

+1
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Catalanoic

Re: Going one step forward and two steps backward

Postby Catalanoic » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:28 pm

You're true, that seems, but nobody told me before i can't develop airports with old layouts and seems nobody is doing anything to correct that. i can't understand why the people so rude are.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

facepalm

I watched that thread on disbelief!

My concern:
Lets figure out how to fix the elevation bug and go instead for a global update. Since last updates there are many new airports updated.
and a new P4000 update.

I say, first step: get the festival ready. Must do Phuket and Mandalay,
after the festival I'll test a few ideas to correct the elevation issue on the current terraGIT and target a new world built. (2.7)

Terrasync and the guys that endear that thing...
they are hopeless.

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:35 pm

SHM wrote:
So after a new correct terrain (terraGit is already correct) is generated by terrasync, all those objects must be brought back to the correct location?

They do not even need to regenerate.

Damn terraGIT content is GPL. Do they know how to clone a repository, how to copy a file?? :?: :?: :idea: :idea:

To update terrasync to the terraGIT terrain should be a weekend trip for the owner of their repository.
(only thing needed. give credit where credit is due, and maintain license as GPL2 in honor of copyleft clauses)

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm

only thing needed. give credit where credit is due, and maintain license as GPL2 in honor of copyleft clauses

You know, that is exactly the problem? They never liked that over there.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:48 pm

yup.
That's a problem in here

and by consequence...

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:20 pm

read Thorsten statement: "The fact that many who know how to generate custom scenery are keen to just crunch out custom scenery rather than work on improving what's on TS or developing nextgen sure will mean large delays. Given the current manpower, expect years still." So, any comments?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm gonna just say that if Lukla ever gets improved it's more likely to be correctly done coming from TerraGit than TS. I've seen what they call their new scenery. :lol: The OSM scene buildings and WED layouts you guys are doing look fine.

So I take it it's Thorsten et. al. that wants those who 'crunch out scenery' to be under their regulations, yeah like their technique isn't going to take years.

More jealous stupidity from the Camp Smurffle.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm

Catalanoic wrote: So, any comments?

Yeah.
That's classical Thorsten bull---p going on there.

:D

IH-COL

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:22 pm

its clear here (and official FG team) there're people who knows how to generate terrain and layouts under FG so people have experience, but the question maybe is how to get that work on TS, because seems FG core developers are out or inexistent and because only one (Tho***) want me to learn it and start coding???

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”