I didn't think they could sink this low

Since IAHM-COL, SHM, and I are kind of cut off from the "official" world by royal decree of King Curt and his chancelor Grima-Snake-Tongue ...[ oh wait, wrong story ] ... we are sometimes a little confused and have to ask those who have still access about what is going on.
bomber

I didn't think they could sink this low

Postby bomber » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:37 am

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Re: I didn't think they could sink this low

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:59 pm

It sounds very typical of them to me.

:shock: :shock: :x :x
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm

What are you expect? Most of them are trolls and proud people. I am not surprised at all.
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:14 pm

Curt trolling in his own forum...

CoolGames, my advice is to download aircraft through the launcher / aircraft catalog system -- unless you have a specific reason you want a different version. FGMembers is a separate community that at times has spoken and worked against the core FlightGear project. There are some users that float back and forth between both communities and contribute in both places. It's complicated I guess. They have made their own copies of the aircraft set, they've made small mods to some of these, and pulled additional aircraft from as many different sources as possible. If the open-source world is the wild west, then fgmembers is a block or two off the main street, not always in a well lit area if you visit at night. You go there when you know what you want, but the sheriff doesn't visit too often and they run things their own way. :-)
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:49 pm

:shock:

Oh Jesus!!! That guy is the most offensive piece of troll I hadn't had a pleasure to meet

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:59 pm

This is a specific case of Curt having said less would be better.

Welcome to the back alley of the facade lined strip mall guys.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:57 pm

It's a shame wlbragg is so blinkered that he couldn't acknowledge that curt called FGmembers a separate community....

So I ask again.... Just who is dividing the flightgear community ?I

And I guess by definition that makes fguk, discord and the mailing list a separate community ?

Logic.... Nah let's not have that get in way of a good vendeta.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:46 pm

If you look at the FGMembers planes, many are far more sophisticated, Josh's Airbuses are awesome, some of thr WWII planes don't even exist in the "official" forum. So, Curtis lies when he opens his mouth. As usual. Which makes me wonder, Bomber, why did you exactly think, ANYTHING would be below them? :shock:
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 pm

R.M.S.

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:55 am

I decided to pick up a statement on my own.
Prob. they will delete it so, I am posting it here:
"FG is a bad simulator. And FGMEMBERS is a home of IDG. A32X and A33X are the best planes in FG. This is a fact. So such statement is completely out of line. Curt, you are diving this community every day. Such statement is completely irrelevant!
When someone compares the FlightGear simulator with the paid simulators like X-plane and P3D it will see a huge difference in reality. First I do not understand why between the taxiways in Fg has a grass? That’s irrelevant to the realistic scenery. Second, for 20 years developing I do not understand why you are still in the same navigation from 10 years long. Lots of waypoints are missing in FG. Also, the proud developer of the space shuttle was the only reason I left your forum. He is not supposed to be there. He is totally inappropriate with most of the members there, he is the reason a lot of people left this forum!
Also, I can ensure you that FGADDON does not have a single GOOD FOR FLYING PLANE In his HUGE NUMBER OF SHITTY aircrafts.
FGMEMBERS is the best happened to FG in years. And you are accusing them in that they are hostile. NO, THEY ARE NOT. YOU ARE.
And that is a fact.
FG constantly crushing. You are on a cruise, everything goes well… THAN SUDDENLY “FlightGear HAS STOPPED WORKING”.
Awful fps on even the best computers no mater for computers from 10 and more years…
This simulator is ineffective, not realistic and not sophisticated.
And the logo statement of this simulator is not true anymore.
And the FGMEMBERS is BETTER THAN YOU."
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

Return to “Can someone tell me ... the weird world of "official" FG”