MH370

This is a project about missing planes. An d not only MH370. Think Amelia Earhard, Flying Tiger's Super Connie and similar. Over a century, dozens of planes went missing without a trace or went down under pretty mysterious circumstances. Now, since we fly a simulator, I have this idea, we can (and I need the help of better pilots than I am) maybe reconstruct those last flights as good as we can. Not that I really expect, we solve those mysteries, I am just curious. So hwo is in?
IAHM-COL

Re: MH370

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 pm

I just used JAFVA statistics to my profit
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Thinking about it, I am probably the chief suspect. I have no idea how many planes I took off from Phoenix and let fly always east till they dropped into the Atlantic. Of course, it was just for range tests, but I guess, it must be in the meantime anumber between 100-150 flights I let drop in the sea?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:55 am

We're all suspects on FlightGear forum and this forum. :lol: That includes all the other flight sim forums too, and all those youtube vids of simulated water ditchings, and deliberate + unintended fuel exhaustions.

I'll bet the CIA, FBI, KGB and KFC are all on board around me watching me closely on my last flight out..

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu May 19, 2016 4:14 am

One gripe is that he didn’t spend enough time debunking some of the far-fetched conspiracy theories that have dogged the story from day one. Neither did he devote enough space to one of the more plausible but seldom-discussed theories: that of the exploding crew oxygen bottle. Some have speculated that the bottle, which houses the supplemental crew oxygen and is located in the avionics compartment in the lower forward fuselage, may have exploded, knocking out the communications equipment (including transponder and ACARS) and causing a cabin decompression — similar to what happened on a Qantas 747 some years ago. The pilots then managed to get a partial re-route into the FMS before succumbing to hypoxia. Eventually the plane passed the last programmed waypoint, then defaulted to heading mode and wandered off into the southern Indian Ocean until running out of fuel. Quest touches on this possibility, but it deserved a few more pages.

http://www.askthepilot.com/express-blog/

Is this a possibility, defaulting to heading mode? That coming from a real pilot, or at least, one that was reviewing a subject about the possibility without noting if that was actually plausible or not..

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 am

I don't think so. The bottle is in the avionics compartment. The controller for the satellite connection is also there. It continued sending.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri May 20, 2016 7:58 am

jwocky wrote:I don't think so. The bottle is in the avionics compartment. The controller for the satellite connection is also there. It continued sending.

But I was asking about defaulting to heading mode.. so oxygen bottle is just one out of the 100,00,000,000,000, possibilities, but assuming bad hijacking or something else we haven't thought of... if the way point was input for Langkawi (WMKL), for example and perhaps a hastily input number bringing it up to bay of begal, and then defaulting to heading mode heading southward..

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 20, 2016 1:02 pm

You could grab a 777 on FG and try to fly it that way. I am not sure where exactly you would end up.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:30 am

Families of passengers from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 have told the BBC that Malaysian authorities seem to be ignoring possible new evidence.

Two trips to Madagascar to pick up what might be debris from the plane have been cancelled at the last minute, according to the man that found them.

The potential clues have been left untouched for weeks, with no prospect of them being gathered and examined.

"Credible evidence is turning up, why are they not investigating it?" Grace Subathirai Nathan told the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36791241

That's exactly how that government works on a small scale.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:51 am

THE Australian-led search for MH370 has again been accused of looking in the wrong place for the Malaysia Airlines’ Boeing 777 based on evidence someone was in control of the plane till the very end.

Senior air crash investigator Larry Vance told Channel 9’s 60 Minutes program, a flaperon found on Reunion Island last year and handed over to France for analysis was the strongest clue yet the aircraft was “glided” into the ocean.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/evidence-mounting-mh370-was-glided-into-ocean/news-story/d94d21ecc67fe455845ceb1151c0c417

Firstly, I have to say, I don't trust 60 Minutes. While I like some speculation every once in a while, some of the other episodes that I've seen are highly questionable and have sensational headlines and just to gain viewership. Like the episode about an extremely fatal flaw in the Boeing 737 fuselage.... showing footage of the Aloha Air and some other fuselage splitting-crash and citing that as examples.. :roll: Like most of us know, if there is damage to the flaperon in that manner, it could mean someone at the controls, or it could just mean the plane was descending and tumbling at such forces to force it into that position, or the plane could be going into the water backwards, or whatever....

Also note that if the flaperon does somehow show evidence it was a controlled descent, it doesn't mean that the pilot did it. Or pilots. Anyone could take out the pilots and do the same thing.

And about the no debris thing meaning that the plane landed intact.... i mean seriously, a B777 landing in the night in choppy waters in the Indian Ocean and it would be intact? This Captain Zaharie is turning out to be some sort of superman to achieve all this feats. First the highly planned 'stealth' maneuver, the course plotting without anyone knowing about it for months, the casual personality up to the night before the disappearance ie. non of the suicidal tendencies like the GermanWings case.. etc. And all just to go suicide / murder.

Of course there is the simulator thing... heck if they take my computer and analyse my simulator data from back then I'd be guilty of a bunch of things.

And then it was back to square one, full of speculation and nothing solid again..

HJ1an

Re: MH370 FAKE ISLAND!!!

Postby HJ1an » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:52 am

A fake island where MH370's flight supposedly ended.

" New Island is a 12,600-square-mile art project. It’s a fictional island-nation (about the size of Taiwan) consisting of maps, images of the island’s landscape, documentation and artifacts such as postage stamps, coins, and a flag. This is also an interactive art project – real people can claim a building site on New Island, build a dream house or retreat, and thus own a part of this island-nation.

With an increasing desire to be someplace else, I conceived the island around 1995. Once its location was established and a map created, I then wrote a guide book, produced coins, a flag, and then more maps, landscape paintings, and now an ongoing story about Alan Faramond who is exploring the island. The layers of documentation and storytelling seem to go on without end!"

http://www.newisland.net/p/about-new-island.html

Either the simulator in Captain Shah has this in his scenery, or he, or someone on the plane wants to visit this imagined island as their last stop in life.

Return to “Historical, missing planes”