What Happened to the Slack Dev Channel

This is a thread to announce, who comes, goes or is just absent for some days/weeks due to out of FG reasons for example
bomber

Re: What Happened to the Slack Dev Channel

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 am

Well you will listen to people who didn't have your best interests at heart.

FG can be GPL but content is an add on, a separate piece of work. GNU make it very plain

Well you've made your bed, you're just gonna have to lie in it, even if it is next to a filthy whore.
Suppose you can always ask him to be gentle.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Yeah, well said. I've realized that quite well by now. Well, one doesn't need to look at my GitHub activity long to realize that I pretty much devote no time to FG these days. Usually I'm running my business, or going with friends in hikes it places, or some other stuff that brings me unconditional happiness with no drama.

Kind Regards,
Josh

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:30 pm

Well who wants the drama, I don't, it may look like it and you might have the opinion "I HARDLY think you're one to talk about how to take criticism based on what I saw in Discord, Forums, and such.".... but no ones ever criticized my work, but instead its always been personal.

People drift away over time, there's very few who go out with a bang, but instead they just become apathetic, frustrated and demotivated. The loss of content developers and potential core developers, I've said before is a key failure of the Flightgear 'business model' (for want of a better word). Year after year it is constantly failed to be addressed, and that learning curve for newbies isn't getting less steeper, so it's a case of diminishing returns.

It's interesting that when people talk of forking flightgear, it's not the content they're talking about but the core code... and frankly 99% of us 'disgruntled' are not core developers but content developers and as such wouldn't know how or what to fork in flightgear, and it's just not our bag.

All I want to do is flight model, produce the best flight modelling technique, using a front end GUI that allows the user to enter plane specific data, such as weights and distances and 2d airfoil tables and out drops a working flight model with no tuning required and no auto pilot issues. To make it possible for someone to come up with a plane design and 'see' how it flys to a reasonable level of accuracy, such that they confident to actually build it....

Big ask but it's my hobby and not time restricted.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:39 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kind Regards,
Josh

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Ok remember that 'can you use words I don''t have to google'.... well you're nearly 19 and I'm a lot nearer 55 than you are 19

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:13 pm

I'll be 19 in 16 days :D

Kind Regards,
Josh

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:51 pm

5 days

Return to “Coming/Going/Absent for a short time”