This is a dead end -- Goodbye

This is a thread to announce, who comes, goes or is just absent for some days/weeks due to out of FG reasons for example
hans05

Re: This is a dead end -- Goodbye

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:24 pm

I'm sorry the community can be rough, but I don't see as he's done anything to change the prevailing culture in defense of others.

As I said: Not everybody has the same qualities. Maybe Josh is not the upfront fighter for justice in the FG forum and you feel left alone by him (and others I guess) when shit was thrown at you. But he surely has other qualities. And just in case you did not know (maybe you do): There really is such a thing as hyper-sensitivity. My wife "has" that. Again: Be happy if you are strong, but in my opinion you are a bit strict with those who aren't as strong as you wish them to be.

But that's just my opinion and as I said: I basically get what you are saying!

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I don't wish to come across as harsh, but then again I've not posted that the reason for leaving is all those other nasty people in the community.

How harsh is that, how respectful is that ?

The price of getting on in FG community is keeping stum
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:22 pm

bomber wrote:
The price of getting on in FG community is keeping stum

I think this clearly explains the sudden removal of many of us in the "banned members"
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

hans05

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Well, clearly I do not keep my mouth shut in the FG forum. Still they have not banned me yet (surprise!).

BUT: Now they freely delete my posts and block the topic afterwards.
They have also already removed entire topics which probably where to embarrassing for them.

Newest but not only candidate:

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34052&sid=835d55d060027399b3733777637142b7

Now I can really clearly say that the forum is censored. That does not make it easy to try to positively influence anything there.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm

The well that's the same for the majority of us here.... You're not reading any of the arguments I won on FG as they're long gone.

It gets to the point where one simply can't be bothered to write a reasoned response if Stuart is just going to delete it if it makes Thorsten look like an arse, or as happened in that topic Thorstens continued preaching made himself look like an arse.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

hans05

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Yeah, now that I manage to provoke Thorsten into presenting himself as an arse (am really using this word?!?!), they also delete that. I wonder if he noticed himself what he has done and requested the deletion or if Stuart is making up for Thorsten's not existing social competence.

Again, we will never know.....

hans05

Postby hans05 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Also I wonder how long it takes until Thorsten reads above post and writes in the FG forum that "Hans has admitted that all he wants to do is provoking me, let's ban him!!"

:mrgreen:

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:28 pm

A suggestion.....

"Are you not dead yet?"

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:10 am

-
Last edited by Octal450 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 pm

it0uchpods wrote::x :x :x
Thought I could just move on in peace, but I get an email showing me this topic... so now I have to go defend my ass again. Can we just stop with this "lets all harass Josh" attitude please?

If as you say you wanted to move on in peace, then why post critism of the community in at least 3 places ?

And don't blame anyone else other than the person who emailed you

it0uchpods wrote:
bomber,
I do not read forum threads unless they concern me, such as help requests for my aircraft or the development threads I've created. It does not interest me whatso ever. So sorry, but I don't see how that is my problem.

You're right. you have no personal resposiblity for the culture of the community..... it's not up to you to set an example but instead for others to do that.

it0uchpods wrote:Next, I decided a while go to stop taking sides shortly after the "terraGIT" incident, because I don't really care for arguments. The results of this were astounding -- I was happier -- and had more fun!

If like me you have pages and pages of private mails from Curt, bascially telling you how you're being manipulated by FGMembers, and slagging of Isreal and Jwocky.... what you're actually saying is that you capituated under the pressure.

it0uchpods wrote:So no -- I don't associate with anyone since that incident. I just do my development, and enjoy myself. People have different opinions, I've learned that much in life, and it's not worth it to fight them constantly.

So you stand back and watch them bully newbies, keeping quiet so as to enjoy yourself ?

it0uchpods wrote:
bomber wrote:always feeling that you'd rather not upset Curt, bugman at al.

So no, I don't try to not upset curt and the other guys. I don't try to not upset you. I don't try to not upset anybody, and I don't try to upset anybody. There is no benefit for that! I'm just here to enjoy aviation.

Yeh so was I.... and others. But we also had a concience about how some people were being treated and spoke up against it.... Speaking up against injustice/bullying isn't the same as 'trying not to upset anyone'.... it's about being an active part of the community and not someone who just wants people to aplaud his work.

it0uchpods wrote:
bomber wrote:So is it through hard work and diligence or by not questioning Thorstens views ?

I guess my 2 years of development work is not hard work at all, huh. Well, if it's that easy, you should be able to easily make the same thing in 10% of the time, right? :roll:

And all those others that put hard work in... the years, far more than you.... yet once they'd spoken out had their enjoyment constantly whitle away.

it0uchpods wrote:As I said before, I don't question Thorsten's views because I don't take read it! As I stated, I only read what I am interested to read.

Further, while I do appreciate Thorsten's comment, if he had said he hated my work and my project -- that is his opinion, I don't really care! I know there are people who like my work, and those who don't. That is their choice, and I am just doing it to enjoy myself, and for the people who enjoy my work.

The difference between us is that I haven't left in a huff blaming the community for not liking me... and that if Thorsten was to attack another persons work you'd just keep you head down, just so long as it's not you being critisised.

it0uchpods wrote:I have only tried to contribute positive to the FlightGear project, and you have done nothing but criticize me. (and if you think I will stick up for you after that, you are joking yourself)

What ! when ! .... you lieing git, I've never critized you whilst you were a member of the FG community.... you've left now btw.

and I'll do so now considering your parting cheap shot at a community you admit to making no contribution to effecting it's culture.

it0uchpods wrote:I don't want to involve myself in all the drama, and I noticed that they will just keep fighting, maybe forever. So I just ignore it and try to do what I love, but after being hostilely treated by several different people, many times, I have decided I don't want to be a part of the forum community anymore.

Lastly, what you and others (such as Catalanoic) fail to understand is: The people who have been kind and respectful to me I have only the most gratitude and respect for, but it only takes one person with malicious intent to destroy the kind intent of others.

And what you fail to understand is that with your sit back and ignore everything that's happening to other people as long as it's not me attitude.... you just give these people permission to go after the next person.

We'll never agree on this because you're still a child, without any understanding that it's the strongs or those with a meritous position in a communities resposnisbilty to look after the weak, and build towards a healthy vibrant community.....

I posted time and time again within the flight modeling forum of FG, encourageing debate and interest in flight modeling.... and time and time again those that don't do flight models waded in with their opinions and disrupted conversations that were both interesting and informative.... not once did anyone say "Hold on Thorsten (and others) STFU you don't do flight modeling so have a little respect for those that do and feck off back to the weather forum and explain to people again why clouds spin"

Simon

Return to “Coming/Going/Absent for a short time”