The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Free speech and open source development
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: The End of Free Speech? Turn to the Community.

Postby jwocky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:39 pm

You have maybe a hard time to understand it, but you are moderator to widen your horizon a little. Things look always different from the other side of the fence. You always have your daydreams of people with other colors having some powers they abuse perpetually. The basic concept of people with other colors serving the community is alien to you. So you got a chance to try it. Of course, I can understand if someone says, he likes it better to be a unbound, never to be forced to think about anything bigger than his own little apartment, if you get my meaning. Selfishness or the attempt to paint oneself as some kind of Garibaldi or Robin Hood type while one just want to blow up other people is kind of exactly the opposite to what someone does who actually serves a community. So, maybe, you want to look up such terms? "Serving" someone or something beyond the own sorry rear? That is what Falcon tried to tell you when he used the term role model. Not entirely correct, but he got the gist.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:16 pm

bomber wrote:... why don't you go back to x-plane.

Simon

Why don't you grow up?

==bomber== wrote: I simply followed suit to show him that I can also use bad language.

When I used that word, it was a chance for you be the mature one. but when you dropped the F-bomb, everyone who read the original post before I REPORTED IT moved you down to the bottom in terms of respectfulness as a person. I was giving you a chance to be the mature one and act like an adult but you chose to act like a child. Disgraceful. and admitting to your act under the banner of Moderator, is, to use the words of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton," DEPLORABLE ", and I sincerely hope that I never have to quote that Witch ever again.

bomber wrote:I'm a moderator as punishment for having an opinion in opposition to a moderator and voicing it.
How is this a punishment Simon? HOW!? I personally would give anything to be a moderator of this forum because unlike you, I know how to conduct myself in a professional manner and environment. However this account will be removed by my school soon because the email account associated with it will be deleted, at that time I will create a new account. But until then, I will do my very best to act like a professional when necessary and bring the hammer down onto others when necessary, Like right now when I see a mod shooting himself in the foot and acting like a Liberal Snowflake and complaining all the time.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:10 pm

The F-bomb..... I'm so sorry you have a problem with me...

Well you lost all respect from me when you turned up late to the party and told everyone how you'd have helped 'smack down' the two... as one of those two I thought I ought to reply.... especially as you'd not read the topic.

That's got to be the most blatant act of trolling I've ever ever seen... but if it's accepted by those in charge I guess it's all right

I think it's a fecking larf that you attempt to make out it was my opportunity to be the mature one...

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 pm

bomber wrote:but if it's accepted by those in charge I guess it's all right

Have a chat with your second personality. He is in charge.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Ow, i see you reported my previous post to your second personality, Bomber. I expect your second personality ==Bomber== to react soon, as i suppose you two have quite direct contact.

Coming to think of it, why does one and the same bomber need to communicate via a forum to complain to himself? Bomber can easily activate ==Bomber== from within. No forum necessary for that.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:21 pm

jwocky wrote:You have maybe a hard time to understand it, but you are moderator to widen your horizon a little. Things look always different from the other side of the fence.

Widen my horizon ?

In 1996 I set up and was joint moderator on the UK's icehockey mailing list... I've been there, done that , got the t-shirt
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ukhockey/info

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:01 am

Well, if you got the chance a second time now, why didn't you use it the first time?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 am

I’m gone for a few days out in the real world dealing with a matter of genuinely substantive importance and when I get a chance to check back on my (and I do claim joint vestment in this forum) forum, I find there is the equivalent of a backyard brawl of a bunch of 9-year-olds all trying to prove he’s the one who can be the more obnoxious and offensive than the last guy.

If there was ever the perfect example of the worst performance of a “class act” you all will get the Oscar ® for “Best Cast in a Verbal Pissing Match.”

What I want to know is what you are doing here in my forum?

Really. I mean it. All the calls for civility have fallen on deaf ears.

So, if you want to go scrap it out, go start your own forum and have at it guys.

Day after day, Lydiot, bomber, you show up and it is the same stuff, just dive-bombing post after post of the most un-civil stuff that your stream of consciousness spews out. Is that fun? Do you think that it’s fun for anyone else to read?

Really? Think about it. Do you honestly think the stuff you are posting is worth reading? I’ll tell you. No, it isn’t. Not when the delivery is so toxic that whatever message you are trying to get across is lost in the poison splashed across the screen.

@Falcon: You know better. I’m calling you out because we are friends and I’m asking you to stop it. Just quit arguing with these guys. Not because they are wrong, but because they are so uncivil. You have plenty of good things to say. Don’t waste any of your time on these people who apparently don’t.

@Lydiot: I’m not going to ban you, but your lack of civility over months and months of posts is so antithetical to everything Free Flight stands for, I really just want you to go away. Like I said above, if you want to start your own forum where everyone can be all snarky all the time, have at it. Your playtime here, though, is over, as far as I’m concerned. If you have a shred of decency, you will either leave or completely (and I do mean completely) change your tune if you want to post on this forum. If not, head back over to Curt’s. And stay there.

@bomber;==bomber==: Straighten up and fly right. Get off the fence and be a moderator that for one, respects Vincent. Let me put this to you very clearly—You are the one who is on the hook to earn his respect because he has paid his dues a thousand times over when it comes to this forum. I don't care how much experience you have in other forums, here you are a probie in the in truest sense of the word. From my perspective, IH-COL threw you a life-line that frankly I didn’t think you deserved. So far, you have done nothing to change my initial assessment. But you can. And I say that because I respect IH-COL and his judgment. It is now up to you to earn the respect of both KL-666 and me. The question is as of right now, are you willing to accept that challenge? Are you going to show us you are an accomplished forum moderator/administrator or not?

Civiility is once again the new dawn of this forum. Argue, disagree, all you want on issues, but the day of the open cesspool of verbal toxicity stops now.
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

==bomber==

Postby ==bomber== » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:51 am

I've put my moderator hat on...

I have problems understanding why anyone would call for or support the smacking down of a poster discussing free speech in a free speech sub-forum..

If it was in a development forum I could understand it, but its in the right place.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:21 pm

@==bomber==: I read your post but don't have time for a full answer right now. But I wanted to acknowledge seeing it so you know I'll write as soon as my schedule allows time for a proper answer to your proper reply.

SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

Return to “Free Speech”