Proposed unity flight in June

IAHM-COL

Re: Proposed unity flight in June

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Get better soon, swamp.

Gave fun with the kids.

And let me know if you've got an schedule.

Best
Ih
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

swamp

Postby swamp » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:14 pm

I think we just do it as SHM posted the screen shot of. Its not a real get here at the exact time. So far I haven't got a list of planes so I don't know if it will happen at all. If they won't list planes everywhere else I posted I know people here normally do. So its the flight plan that SHM made but we stop and take a break half way. Or join half way or when ever you can its free to fly. I'm not one to say you have to come now or never. we just come in as we can. I'll probably be flying the Sepecat Jaguar I've just start working on the FDM for. I know its faster than what I originally thought we would fly but i don't need to fly super sonic. I will probably go down low and explore providing I can see which will give the planes up high a faster ground speed. Its not a flight where you have to stick to the flight path we just try and get there around the same time mid way. We just fly and BS along the way. If we aren't having fun whats the point? You know?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 pm

oh ok.
Have lots of fun. I wont be there, as It won't fit my schedule.

Best,
IH

Recom: change the topic title to reflect planned schedule so people can see fast when this will be :D

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

swamp

Postby swamp » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 pm

So here is a link to that plane so people don't see a glider. https://github.com/swampmo/Jaguar Only a few hours 2 nights a little time today on the FDM but it is coming along better than I thought for the time spent on it. Like most fighters its learning to land the bastard and obviously the FDM still needs some tuning but I was landing it earlier.

swamp

Postby swamp » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 pm

I will be there in either the P47-D-30 or the Sepecat Jaguar. There are some capitalization problem with the Jag that cause people using Linux not to be able to see the model and other things. If I don't get this all sorted out by tonight I will Fly the P47. Here is a link to the Jag https://github.com/swampmo/Jaguar . I would wait until tomorrow to git clone or download the zip if you are a Linux user due to reason I stated before. Here is the link for the P-47 https://github.com/swampmo/P47 . If you don't download this and only have the old FGaddon version you will see a plane on fire most likely. There have been a lot of changes and its converted to JSBsim. The P47 is good to go now for Linux and Windows users. Hope to see you there.

KB7

Postby KB7 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Good morning!

A couple of additional notes on flight day.... Lotsa stuff here but the point is to just have fun and let others have fun flying together.

When you start up multiplayer, please use "Visible to All" on settings (if you see that setting...) It affects not only others seeing you but also the text chat mechanism. As always with MP events, please do NOT connect to multiplayer when on a runway - step off to taxiways or parking. Please DO announce your connection when possible. Comms will be either through the chat interface or voice on Mumble at server itpns.ddns.net, there is a room in Events. (Don't have Mumble? Get it at https://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php )

If you're planning to use Route Manager, a couple of the waypoints in the earlier plan do not work. Here's a revised link that will work:

https://skyvector.com/?ll=61.7512348895 ... AMX%20PAYA

The revised waypoints are:
PAHO (Start)
JLA
PAAQ (Palmer Municipal Airport, near AK1)
PAVD (Valdez Pioneer, the Midpoint)
PAMX (McCarthy Airport, near MYK)
PAYA (Yakutat, destination).

Takeoff Homer: Homer airport (PAHO) taxiways only serve runway 4. If you're flying a Storch or something we'll make do somehow but plan on runway 4 takeoff using taxiway on whichever side you spin up on. Runway length is 6701, elev. 70. Current metar as of posting this: PAHO 241453Z 36003KT 10SM SCT065 05/04 A3001 RMK AO2 SLP164 T00500044 55004

Takeoff Valdez: Valdez Pioneer (PAVD) is a fun airport, but it's nestled in a hill valley. If taking off Runway 14, on takeoff make a climbing right turn to approximately 110-120 and gain altitude quickly. If taking off on Runway 32, on takeoff make a climbing left turn to about 100-110. Runway 14/32 length is 6500', elev. 50-120. Current metar as of posting this: PAVD 241456Z 07003KT 10SM FEW002 BKN035 BKN055 09/07 A2998 RMK AO2 SLP176 VCSH NW 60001 T00940072 56006

Landing Yakutat: Yakutat airport has two runways. Runway 11 has working ILS, 111.10, but it isn't served by any taxiways. You should be able to backcourse 29. Runway 11/29 length 7732, Runway 2/20 length 6475, elevation 15-30. PAYA 241453Z AUTO 00000KT 10SM BKN060 BKN120 10/09 A2994 RMK AO2 SLP139 T01000089 57007 TSNO

ATC, when available, is for queuing up takeoffs and landings. Please use either text or Mumble, server itpns.ddns.net, or Flightgear chat. I'll do my best, but it is mountainous region and I don't know the area. All clearances are advisories only and as always pilots are responsible for flying the plane safely. This will be fun mountain flying and elevations vary greatly along the route - hopefully you'll see a lot!
Primarily props / twins and small business/personal jets. IRL home airport KBMI, FG homes KLAS / KXTA.
Favorites: Cessna 421 "Golden Eagle," Twin Otter, BAe-125. A plane isn't my plane until I've modded the cockpit to the way I like it.

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:58 pm

I said I'll join the flight earlier but I won't be able to join because I've college early tomorrow but I wish you guys a great flight.

Looking at the weather you should have a nice VFR flight.

@KB7 Once you export the skyvector route I posted as .gpx and import it in fg it doesn't matter if certain waypoints are there in the fg database or not.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:43 pm

Have fun guys. Post pics :)

R.M.S.

V12

Postby V12 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Some screenshots from perfect event :

ImageImage

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:56 pm

I would have joined in with FG 3.4 (an extremely old version) but I was away in the land of the Romans. :lol: :lol:
Image Image

Return to “Multiplayer Events”