why PavlinS never going to fly in VATSIM?????

PavlinS

Re: The good old multiplayer event

Postby PavlinS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:43 pm

nothing
Last edited by PavlinS on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PavlinS is doing youtube! Watch him here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC989zKrfOObLFSiKNmM8uKA

SHM

Postby SHM » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:14 pm

Do you trust a random pilot on VATSIM or a member of the Board of Governors?
from the forum wrote:Unfortunately, there are no working FlightGear VATSIM clients right now to my knowledge (there was a basic one, but it didn't have some essential features such as AI traffic)

The whole thing works, that was all old problems. And I know that you know about it since you have watched wecsje's streams.

And Keith had posted about the new version over here
https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php ... 08#p517692
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:04 pm

nothing.
Last edited by PavlinS on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:22 am

PavlinS wrote:I reported it and KL-666 closed all my reports with the argument that anyone can post everywhere whatever he wants

You are mistaken here. I said that we are not that strict with a few posts semi-off-topic. There was not much yet. Apart from that, i told SHM et al that he better not make more Vatsim posts. But what do you do? You discuss only Vatsim in your following posts. So what do you expect? Then you get Vatsim reactions. I am not going to moderate Vatsim posts, when you indicate yourself that you want to discuss Vatsim on this topic.

In an Free Speech environment, you need to earn respect among your peers yourself. If you speak decent, others will do to you too. But your tirades after a very normal post of SHM, is not helping you in earning respect.

Again, a topic can not be owned by anyone. It is a mistake to believe that Free Speech is about moderating people you do not like out of topics.

Kind regards, Vincent

swamp

Postby swamp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:25 am

Well what a mess. I'll Start off by saying I don't hate anyone in this thread, not Wecsj, Pavil or SHM. We may not all agree on some things but I think people can go the way they want. In my understanding VATSIM isn't a flight simulator but an ATC simulator. Am I wrong Wecsj, SHM? Another thing I want to clear up for my own ignorance. Can you be connected to Flightgear MP and VATSIM at the same time? If so then Pavlin could still get his hours logged on FGtracker and use VATSIM people for ATC, providing they are there. This has turned into a flame war but from reading the beginning of the thread I don't think SHM was trying to get under your skin Pavlin but actually help and repair the broken bridge from the past. Since the event is obviously over I am going to use this thread to try and get my questions answered since I know both Wecsj, Pavlin and SHM are following it. I can say this much. I can only count on one hand maybe two if I'm lucky the number of people that I met from using FG that moved to other Flightsims but I can't say VATSIM stole them from FG. Falcon couldn't get FG to work on his computer for the longest time. I don't know if the new versions work for him but after investing money in his current flavor of sim thats probably where he is going to stay. People all have there reasons for leaving. Some maybe to get away from the drama that the FG community seems to have and others maybe just want a complete plane ready to go. Josh and some others that work with him seem to be the only ones actively working on airliners and not everyone wants to ride the bumpy ride that you ride dealing with FG. I'm along for the ride and won't pay for each plane, I fly too many planes and am happy with the ones I fly the most.

If you only fly a couple planes maybe one of the other sims is a fine alternative. Maybe the scenery is better. I don't know I haven't used them. I do know this, if you can use FG with VATSIM I find it hard to make the argument that VATSIM is stealing people from FG. There are plenty of people in the FG community that are good at making people uninstall and head for the hills. I've said my piece about this in the other forum and I won't say it anymore there. They either get it or they don't. Soo I wouldn't be so quick to blame VATSIM for people leaving and FG being stagnant. I can look at mp map and the numbers speak volumes. Another problem I suspect is changing the default airport for every release. People use to spawn in at KSFO and there would be number of people there to help the newbs. Let me ask you. How many people do you see at Boston Logan or Bergen? Many people don't know to read all of the wiki pages or where they are, they won't find this normal, too many planes don't have good documentation on how to use them or even a help file which is very easy to add. We can see now that if you aren't savvy enough or meet someone who knows you may be turned off and leave to go to pay-ware.

I can only assume since these other sims are trying to make a profit, they have paid developers (duh) trying to make a living working for them that there will be more documentation as they have competitors and in the world of making money if you suck and the guy better than you will eventually put you out business. Thats just from my real world experience owning a business. Sometimes you can be good but government will put you out of business like in my case but thats another topic that could start another flame war so I'll save that for chats with swamp and jwocky. :) So everyone take a breath, think things over with logic before going crazy and making yourself look silly. :)

swamp

Postby swamp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:47 am

Also Pavlin you sent me a message saying you left the "my FG Discord server" (which I don't consider mine) but someone has to take ownership or it doesn't exist, thats just how it works. Just like someone has to make a website. The server is there for the FG community and its caused enough stress I wonder why I even bother sometimes. I asked why you left and you said "because you were bored". Had you not left perhaps someone there could have helped you connect to VATSIM if you were having technical difficulty. It may not happen like 1,2,3 because people aren't always on at the same time you are. Like KL-666 said, (in different words) if you don't react in a civil manner people may not be inclined to talk to you. One thing my dad always taught me was to think before I spoke. Did it always work? No but I try to put some effort into it and if I'm too hot at the moment then I go take a breather. I'm sick, your sick and many other people I know on this forum are sick but we don't get to use that as an excuse. After being cooped up in this house for years I started to forget my principals but Richard kindly brought me back to my senses by asking if maybe when I'm feeling real bad that it may cause me to react different then I normally would. So if you need a break then take a break. Thats what I do, it should be common sense but when your sick and in pain common sense may go out the door, so sometimes we need a friend to grab us by the arm and say take breather. Just some friendly advice.

swamp

Postby swamp » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:03 am

SP-BAN wrote:Hello how to turn on the NAV in A320neo?

You may want to search A320neo or ask in a different category. I'm sure the developer is not watching this thread anymore. If I knew off of the top of my head I would tell you but I don't know how you have setup your flight plan. MCDU or route manager. I don't even know if it matters since I haven't mastered the MCDU. :) You may ask in this thread viewtopic.php?f=15&t=866&p=20456&hilit=A320neo#p20456 but I think you will be asked to upgrade to the IDG
-A32X. Good luck.

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 am

@Pavlin
If you're not able to connect to VATSIM, as I told before I can help you. But if your answer is going to be " no I don't", care well then it'll be like what wecsje told
So if you want to fly with us, download the stuff for VATSIM, and you can fly with us, that is how simple it is. If you don't want to do that, then don't complain to us.

I tried to help you a lot here, if it was probably a year or two older version of me, I probably would've reacted differently. But you just seem to be so adamant and not willing to try the alternative I propose.

swamp wrote:In my understanding VATSIM isn't a flight simulator but an ATC simulator. Am I wrong Wecsj, SHM?

Its just a MP network where all sims can connect compared to fg-MP can only connect. So, it will provide connectivity to a single network where people from any sim can fly together.

Another thing I want to clear up for my own ignorance. Can you be connected to Flightgear MP and VATSIM at the same time? If so then Pavlin could still get his hours logged on FGtracker and use VATSIM people for ATC, providing they are there.
Yes, you can be connected to both. VATSIM has a tracker too that can well track flights while he's connected to VATSIM.

This has turned into a flame war but from reading the beginning of the thread I don't think SHM was trying to get under your skin Pavlin but actually help and repair the broken bridge from the past.
Exactly. I'm just trying to organise further events on VATSIM So that all of us can fly again together soon.

I do know this, if you can use FG with VATSIM I find it hard to make the argument that VATSIM is stealing people from FG.

Pavlin seems to think otherwise for some reason.
Last edited by SHM on Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

PavlinS

Postby PavlinS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:09 am

nothing
Last edited by PavlinS on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am

Pavlin,
Take some break and think about your actions for some time before posting again. All of those are not 'verbal aggression' it was replies to your posts.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Multiplayer Events”