Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

LesterBoffo

Re: Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:16 pm

jwocky wrote:Lester,

we all die some day ... so will I ... nevertheless, I don't feel the hang to take too many people with me then and on two wheels I count as clear and imminent danger to me and others. But then, we are in FG, so nothing is really solid, right?

J.

We'll just pass through each other, it's the perfect sim for Halloween. You see something scary you can't avoid, just close your eyes and plow through it, problem fixed. :lol:

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 pm

screen shots from last year.

Sanni

Postby Sanni » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:05 am

Where can I download the scenery and the Delorean???

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Sanni,

The Scenery should be available at Marc Kraus' Lake of Constance hangar. and my customized Halloween I'll provide a link for, once I do some adjustments to the .stg's.

If the Delorean isn't on Alral's website I'll post up mine. http://users.flightgear.ru/alral/Other/Garage/delorean.zip.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:34 pm

The Delorean is also found in FGMEMBERS-NONGPL
With a warning, note
The author has not disclaimed a license yet! :S

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/delorean

But in the interim, I guess you can get a copy there

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:09 pm

So one thing that occured to me is that the way to the start of the Southern 100 isn't exactly obvious from the 08 runway, especially if you're doing it in the dark. :?

So, it's sort of a matter of either finding the Railroad tiles or the A5 roadway tiles, in the dark, with your lights.

So first off you need to have the terrasync scenery, for the IoM not the simpler 2.12 scenery. A good visual check is to overfly the island in dayight in the UFO. It should be criss-crossed with dozens of roads. Also the Ireland scenery material is shared on IoM and the forests are really thick

Both race courses can be found if you depart the threshold end of Runway 08 onto the taxiway and explore the NorthWest Edge of EGNS's airport tile. There's berms along that edge, and topping the berms are the A5 and about an eighth to quarter mile further NorthWest is the Railway. Either one will take you directly to the start point of the corner of the A5 and the A3 in Castletown. Also with Rembrandt, the two lighthouses off the SW corner of the Isle of Man light up the sky somewhat in the direction you need to head to get to the start. Watch out for the Silverburn River, it's easy to mistake for a road in the dark. ( splash.)

The Southern 100 should be clearly marked out with Marc's custom road tiles and houses , trees, etc. If you loaded his scenery correctly.. :?:

Heading to Douglas from Castletown is a bit of a challenge once you finish the Southern 100 course.

You just need to follow the A5 back along the edge of the airport and it will eventually take a somewhat variable N~NE heading. You also luck out here because the lighthouse at Douglas also lights up the night Rembrandt sky rather luridly. Follow the A5 till it connects with the SW end of the Quarter Bridge, where Peel Road joins the A5. There should be a big old building there that I've put a couple of Fairy Flame-lights on to mark your way. If you pass the Braddon Church with it's spectral glow and fairy lights, on the left, after crossing the bridge over the River Dhoo, you're on the correct path.

Keep going down the road, it is marked with signs and red and yellow tire abutments at street corners. If you've travelled more than a few miles and haven't seen any custom houses or road surfaces, you're quite probably lost. But hey, it's only a small island and it's Halloween. Dig that chill running running down your back and embrace the fear. Let's go explore the lesser known parts of the Isle of Man, did you know there's two old WWII RAF airports that are now out of use? Can you find them?

Stop in Ramsey at The Swan and have a drink, and get your wits together. You're going to have to face 'the mountain' before it's all over.. :twisted:

Oh yeah watch out for the right hand corner at Creg ny Baa.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:49 pm

What are berms?
Oh my goodness, I will surely get lost.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:36 am

IAHM-COL wrote:;)
I've got it ...
I'll make this one for me

Hi ALL
My Fusca is scary and ready for the Halloween Night.
The updates in FGMEMBERS-NONGPL: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/Fusca

@Lester

I had added the livery for Halloween :D. Also, needed to make small code corrections so the Livery system works. I noticed the immat system is also troubled :S! (but that did not concern me so much)

I thought of creating a patch for you, but really , the easy way is that you just download the updated version and either replace locally, or run the patch software yourself. If want-to have some git help, I can also assist you

Your Fusca, made Halloween ready, Here
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/Fus ... master.zip

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:03 pm

One day, guys, one day, far away, I can talk a 3D talented person in building me a big fat Winnebago RV with Titanic paint. And one day, I can figure out how to make things solid in FG ... and then you have all to drive around me ... buahahaha!
Sorry, couldn't resist, I so want such an RV in rl, but can't afford it!
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I have massive fps hit with Rembrandt.
Can I use ALS, clock time, and a full moon?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Return to “Multiplayer Events”