Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

legoboyvdlp

Re: Halloween Night Oct 31: Isle of Man 9 Lives Race; 22:00-24:00 UTC

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:04 am

Make sure to have plenty of freaky screenies :D
By the way, even if I had computer access tomorrow, I have the flu, and dont particularily feel like sitting for hours over a computer. Oh well. Just as well this weekend, and not the USA TOUR weekend! Cause, anyway, I am the worst driver ever, or so it seems. :D :oops:
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:25 am

@Lesbof

Which groundnet exactly? there are several in Mark's package

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:27 pm

Oh it's Ronaldsway EGNS airport folder.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:33 pm

ok. I got this.
Thanks

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:39 pm

Still working on bringing my stuff to run. Everything worked fine on the Linux side, then when finally the Windows for the test partition came (no thanks to a certain supplier who had a delay for this and other things), Win 8.1 had no better things to do than to mess up partition tables and eat the first hard disk.
I actually brought it to run with the help of a reinstalled Ubuntu which was clever enough to pick up on the Windows that was installed. For reasons of inherited smartness, Ubuntu insisted though on being installed on hard disk #4 .... as far away from Windows as it could get. Smart, isn't it?
So, bottom line: We can't confirm at this point, that Windows isn't actually a virus, but it can be installed as an alternative option in Grub ... and here I am, copying and reinstalling everything, about 5 hours from the Isle of Man event and about 23 from the next interview (picking up my case notes from my old work place computer right now). So, I'm doing my best, lets hope, it's good enough to be able to participate.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:47 pm

I think it was BIZX who mentioned that Windows XP is about as close to a Linux OS as MS ever got. Since I'm hearing all sort of tales of woe with Win 7/8 users who are being hijacked into upgrading to Win 10, I don't feel so bad about my 'obsolete' OS.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

yup. You are correct.
My win 7 laptop is forcedfully asking me (like commanding me) to update to 10
I've heard horror stories about how Win10 complicates the linux dual boot, and thus I don't feel like doing that move yet. Specifically, Windows goes uninstalled in my pc if that were to occur!

Windows is going weirder by the minute. So you are happy in your outdated/unsupported XP (which was a decent non UNIX OS, actually)

R.M.S.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:07 pm

The situation with the users of the mega patch for MS Combat Flight Sim 3, Wings Over Flanders Fields having to do all sorts of drastic measures, like no longer doing any requested or scheduled updates because the Win 10 nagware will become an installer with no opting out of the upgrade.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Do you guys want to do this in FGMEMBERS server? It might be a bit off putting for those folks having planned to attend this from the FG forum I'm tentatively calling this one for the regular FG servers, if it's OK with you.

P.S. has anyone tried out the ThornyWeen yet? I think it's hilarious but I'd like to get someone else's opinion.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:23 pm

regular server is ok. i think. i know 12 is a nono

R.M.S.

Return to “Multiplayer Events”