Until It Ends Euro Tour 2017

J Maverick 16

Until It Ends Euro Tour 2017

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:48 pm

For the complete and updated topic, please refer to: https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33508

Alright, because of the success obtained by the "Now That We're Masters World Tour 2017" back in July/August, I decided I had to keep this kind of event type going and the first opportunity for me to do it was this Christmas holidays.
So, thanks also to Woosh who helped me a lot withe the planning session, I'm glad to announce the "Until It Ends Euro Tour 2017", a short multi-leg event to celebrate the ending of this year and cheer for 2018 which is right behind the corner. The aim of this tour is to be relatively short (4 days) and with a reasonable time spent flying considering the holiday season.

As for the previous edition, it is a free-entry event, which means you can fly whatever plane you like as long as it can cruise at the specified altitude and speeds.

The timings are as follow:

TUE 26/12 LIME>EDDL - 19:00z onwards
WED 27/12 EDDL>EGBB - 19:00z onwards
THU 28/12 EGBB>LFRB - 19:00z onwards
FRI 29/12 LFRB>LEBB - 19:00z onwards

Legs are relatively short and the total event duration shouldn't last more than 2 hrs (considering t/o and landing time of all attenders)
Cruise speed will be around M0.8 at FL340, specific ones will be provided the day of the leg.
The routes have been created already by Woosh and can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/733y2e0eawpf ... 1it5a?dl=0
Please try to get ready at the meeting airport at least 10 minutes beforehand in order to set everything in time.
ATCs are welcomed for landing procedures only.

From what I saw a there will be around 10 people joining it, not a great deal compared to last time, but still worth organizing. I like doing it so having some people attending is rewarding.
Post will be constantly updated, so keep an eye on it ;)

Merry Christmas to all the FlightGear community!
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

J Maverick 16

Re: Until It Ends Euro Tour 2017

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Less than 5 hours remain till the kick off of the "Until It Ends Euro Tour 2017" from LIME to EDDL. You can find all the updated information on the dedicated FG forum topic. Be there! ;)
Cheers, Mav

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:34 pm

sounds cool. I'm RL travelling, so I cant join.
Have fun guys
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

V12

Postby V12 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 am

First leg was very good. I had several FG crashes after loading flightplan into the route manager :( Then I typed it manual and all was OK.
ImageImage

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:50 pm

It's a simple old-style xml as I don't support and can't use GPX files on my old FG.
Regards, Mav

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:17 pm

Was much fun yesterday thank you guys! There were around 9/10 people attending, I think we scared off that poor ATC attempting to control us at Brest lol.
Today's the grand finale with the last leg starting 19:00z as always, starting LFRB and arriving at Bilbao (LEBB); cruise will be at FL330 and M0.76, route linked as usual.
These are the waypoints if you have to input manually:

Code: Select all

QPR LIRMA NOVAN PEPET NENEM BAGAS CEGAM

From Woosh:

Code: Select all

WARNING <<<< FOR THOSE WHO LOVE CIV/MIL INTERACTION >>>> WARNING

At South Brest there is a STRICT EXCLUSION military zone :: P112.
Orders in case of airspace violation are :: fire first, talk after ::

RWY 25L SID QPR6F / QPR6X include 2 turns VERY sharps
1 left coming back on the airport
1 right on the south

If you miss the 1st turn you overfly LANVEOC P112 and ...bye bye.

You may instead use RNAV SID RB003 RB005 RB007 which turn over by north.

Again, today I'll be using the C-32J-20.
Last chance for some nice airliner group flying of the year, try not to miss it!
Cheers, Mav

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:13 pm

I'd just like to say thank you very much for attending this short Euro Tour, been great fun, means a lot for me. On the last leg there were about 14 pilots flying at the busiest moment, really appreciated.
I like hosting these kind of events, I see that have become a social gathering for those who want to spend some time flying in good company sharing the same airspace with others in the multiplayer environment for a few days.

I'll keep 'em coming, even shorter ones during the week-ends some times if I find time to plan them.
Hope you enjoyed and I'd like to wish you a great, delightful, happy new year 2018 to you, your family and your loved ones.
Cheers you all have a good one!
Mav

Return to “Multiplayer Events”