Why am I not banned yet??

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
bomber

Re: Why am I not banned yet??

Postby bomber » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:04 am

Tell me again how this is you acting like a moderator in a topic that's been really productive.... even possibly to those that are on the fence users ?

This is a forum, to discuss flight modeling ... which is our hobby.... IF being here you consider a waste of your time may I suggest you post to this forum http://www.knittingforums.org.uk/ Where you can behave like an old woman to your hearts content.

Quoting a single line from another forum that's off topic and out of context that is designed to be solely inflammatory is definitely against the forum rules..

Why not quote this from the same post...

If having a conversation, even to the point of agreeing to disagree about our hobby is their objective then there's no issue...

And a person that 'tells tales' is NOT an on the fence user, but is instead a COWARD !
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Side

Postby Side » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:40 am

Adn in addition about all this, what now about cross posting rules from bug???

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:28 pm

That escalated quickly...

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 pm

My response, posting here, so if it gets deleted, there is copy:
I have also been now twice accused by bugman of using this forum to try to convince people to join TerraGit and similar.

Let me give an example of the most recent one.

I posted this:

it0uchpods wrote:MD-90 out of RJBB Kansai Intl for some autoland testing ;)
GabrielYV's fantastic Japan Air livery.

Regards,
Josh

Someone asked which scenery I used, so I answered honestly instead of lying like a b****.
Then I got this:
bugman wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Your post about RJBB Kansai Intl is considered deliberate provocation. We all know that RJBB is one of the airports that the FGMEMBERS team set up to be deliberately superior to Terrasync, to catch as many users as possible in the last FlightGear festival event (to have the usable scenery, that could have been added to terrasync but deliberately was not, you had to switch to FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT). You should consider your actions very carefully in the future.

To which I responded:
it0uchpods wrote:Uhh no.

I posted there because it's a fun airport with ILS to land at. When I asked which scenery I was using. I answered. Would you rather I sat there and lied to the community about which scenery I used for a screenshot?

The Terrasync scenery for RJBB is not very good.
Since the festival was at Japan, there were ALOT of custom sceneries being made, RJBB being one of them. Alot of TerraGIT is just the 1.0 scenery which is vastly superior in many ways to the 2.0 scenery.

I had nothing to do with TerraGIT development, and only started using it recently since the Terrasync servers have been down alot.

Your post about RJBB Kansai Intl is considered deliberate provocation.

Really? I thought we settled the fact that I am not the evil FGMEMBERS hijackers?

We all know that RJBB is one of the airports that the FGMEMBERS team set up to be deliberately superior to Terrasync, to catch as many users as possible in the last FlightGear festival event (to have the usable scenery, that could have been added to terrasync but deliberately was not, you had to switch to FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT)

How do you know that? Did someone say that? Because that is not the case. Not even close. As I said: The Terrasync scenery for RJBB is not very good.
Since the festival was at Japan, there were ALOT of custom sceneries being made, RJBB being one of them.

I expected better from you bugman... Honestly I'm disappointed.

How many board warnings does it take to get banned anyways...

I never got a response. This is unacceptable behavior. Would you rather I lie to the community? What a joke!

Feel like my time is running out. What does it matter really anyways... At least in the other forum, I don't get accused every 5 seconds of being evil. Maybe next, the core devs will make it so my planes won't load in FGRUN .... LOL

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Are you telling me it's the airport in the distance that started this ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm

Correct.

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:46 pm

So in bugmans brain it's best for flightgear if people today fly with a poor terrain on the understanding that it's 'cake tomorrow'.. rather than fly with a better terrain knowing it's 'cake tomorrow'...

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Apparently. Thorsten's point here made sense:
Thorsten wrote:I've always advocated that changing moderators every six months is a good principle so that everyone can shoulder the responsibility once in a while. Didn't really catch on here.

Might work for that forum :D

FL2070

Postby FL2070 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:18 pm

What!?

So you're saying that bugman wants people to have worse scenery... because it's the 'official' scenery?

Isn't terraGIT GPL? Can't they just add the improved airports to terrasync and make THAT the 'official' scenery?

Isn't the 'official' FG forums development section for DEVELOPMENT and IMPROVEMENT? Then why, if someone upgrades scenery, and adds it to terraGIT, and says "yo sup m8 i made this airport all cool and stuff check it out on terraGIT here's some screenshots", is that called HOSTILE!?!? Since when is trying to improve a game....

A F--KING HOSTILE ATTACK AGAINST FLIGHTGEAR???? Are improvements bad? Or good?
Last edited by FL2070 on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soundpack requests are currently: PERMANENTLY CLOSED
Current WIP: None
See and download all my work: HERE

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:21 pm

That is correct FL2070. That is exactly what bugman wants.

May I point out that I talked with curt and he had no problem with my photo, or my answer :)

Return to “Club of the Banned”