Why am I not banned yet??

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
SHM

Re: Why am I not banned yet??

Postby SHM » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:40 pm

I am seriously annoyed by this idea of catering needs only to the low end users.
In P3D, there is a texture size setting where you could set what resolution you need.
Why cant the coreclowns deal with all that stuff.

Some pics from P3D with everything set to high.
I recently installed P3D for SWA who was on a lower spec PC, and after some tuning it was totally playable. :D
SHM wrote:Just installed Fly Tampa Dubai
Its so nice :o :o

The docking system

Damn! Forgot to attach the jetway

Ready for departure

Climbing out

Night lights

Last edited by SHM on Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Yet I did it.
You can compare how the quality of chubu went bad and worse every commit I push to agree to their "required standards". reduce size of textures. bake textures in smaller areas, split objects into multiple (which impaced fps), etc

And it was not at the end about the work, but about making it impossible for me to submit.

Conclussion was, to do great work, to be able to get improved terrains, to have authors control on how a building render (including texture size) to be able to include OSM2City and OSM2Roads pre-packaged, and do that worldwide, terraGIT became a necessity.

It's a great tool for those wanting to see it.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:03 pm

and with reference to what I wrote earlier and the current idea of "why don't you just do it to get things accepted by them" ... you can provide as much evidence as you want, the regular followers will need always a long time to read and accept it, unless they become victims of those pressure strategies themselves. D-ECHO asked me in two instances for evidence. one time, I sent evidence via IM to prevent things to be blown out of proportions, he read from a list of 11 points "there was just one thing, why don't you do ..."
Now, he got evidence from Israel and he claimed "it was a straight technical reason" which it wasn't, and ignored the rest of the story.
So, obviously, there is no value in writing down this whole long history for him so that he selectively can compare. The only way to make D-ECHO at this point learn is, let him make planes and submit them to FGADDON and let him make scenery and submit it to TerraSync. He is soused to our way of working here, he will, maybe, realize something is wrong when he has to wait for weeks if not months till a new scenery appears in TerraSync. Or when one of his planes is rejected without any explanation. Maybe that will open eyes. Otherwise, this discussion is useless because they will always invent new stories and try to delete old evidence, they will always fail, but those who want to believe in their masters will still always believe. End of the story. Our chances to negotiate peace with ISIS would be at this point better.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Let me come to a conclusion.. Both sides did failures Both Repos have advantages and disadvantages. Both have different thoughts of how fg Should be organized and Both seem to like to see it black and white. I tried to do some deescalation. Actually the truth is always somewhere between. You are not only people wanting to disturb and they are no dictators. Now I see some posts in the direction of Personal attacks coming so I have only one thing left to say: have a good night!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:31 pm

good night.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello D-ECHO,

I found it mighty interesting how you maneuvered on the no man's land between the trenches, and succeeded to reach the other end. Let's hope your planes get well into fgaddon. When you have more experience with the merge/upload process, you might want to share it.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:39 pm

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 75#p293931
Bugman wrote:As for FGMEMBERS maintenance, it is easy to deny the existence of private emails. But I wonder who was asked, after writing the fgaddon and other git repository hook scripts used by all the FlightGear git repositories, to write scripts to automate the FGAddon -> FGMEMBERS merging procedures? I think it would be quite interesting to see the contents of that script that Israel often says is in operation, the same one that Israel asked me to write for him as he was not capable of doing so himself at the time. The part for the automated handling of git-svn tunnel conflicts due to conflicting changes in FGAddon vs. FGMEMBERS would be interesting to see.

Not an issue at all. You want the job? You got it.
If you wish, I extend you an invitation to join FGMEMBERS in category of manager of FGAddon -> FGMEMBERS rebasing.

It is a critical part of FGMEMBERS infrastructure to insure that our planes are updated with the latest content from all sources. And while my script does well the regular git merges, it does sometimes require manual intervention to do git merge unions.

Git conflict management is actually pretty good: If you take this positions you will learn it works quite great. But it is not bullet proof, and sometimes needs human intervention: If you wish to improve my scripts to reduce this workload or can approach this better than I do, you will be considered a great addition to the team.

Besides, maybe, by seeing the river from both shores you can realize finally that FGMEMBERS brings lots of good stuff to the community, without risking FGAddon existence.

Let me know.

and there you are: if you can't demonstrate a private invitation, this is a public one.

About not being able to solve something myself? well... you take it as you'd like. But I have not found an "unsolvable" situation for FGMEMBERS yet.

R.M.S.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:32 pm

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 am

Hi D-ECHO,

As much as i admire your accomplishment, i want to explain to you that we have to deal with more than just getting a plane in fgaddon.

Living in a world where the judges are bent is unsustainable. Agree? Let me show you that there is a huge problem on the other forum in this respect. Then you may also better understand the anger of people that feel mistreated over there.

It0uchpods made a post on that forum about some plane of his, with pictures. Someone asks: What is that airport in the background? And It0uochpods explains that it is XXXX, but only available in terragit. Reasonable info, else the asker might try to see it in terrasync to no avail. Next Bugman deletes the picture, arguing that It0uchpods is advertising fgmembers. No further details given. (And what would be so bad about it if he were?)

Arbitrary moderator decision number 1.

The thread "Out of context quoting to mislead" was developing into inside (fg-forum members) critics towards that arbitrary decision. Believe me, i know, i was following it closely. Even made a praise to Alant about it in: http://www.thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=700&start=90#p13118. Then Stuart comes in to delete the last 40 posts, claiming that the discussion was treading rules. No further details given. Which rule would that be? Seeing in the wrong moderator decision of deleting It0uchpods image by too many insiders at that forum? So i wrote that down in: http://www.thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=700&start=90#p13139

Arbitrary moderator decision number 2.

My guess is that a normal person like you would say: sorry, i made a mistake, i'll reinstate that picture. But not on that forum. They make it worse by covering up with arbitrary moderator decision number 2.

Can you understand that bent judges wake up some anger in people?

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:12 am

D-ECHO wrote:Let me come to a conclusion.. Both sides did failures Both Repos have advantages and disadvantages.

I definitely don't want to work the issues up much much more.
But I wonder what happened with your contribution to terrasync with the Maldives?

AFAIK you did all they asked for. And you talked in the infamous devel.list about it. AFAIK they were adding the content. All of it: Terrain and OSM2city, etc.

I don't know if you have checked that lately, but today when I was updating terraGIT, I noticed that the Maldives where untouched in terrasync, and the content is the ugly and old. Instead of your sharp and beautiful scenery.

I decided to just go ahead and package it in terraGIT now, instead of waiting for the gatekeepers over there to finish the evaluation that it is proceeding ... I guess.

http://thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php ... 232#p13232

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-TERRAGIT/terraGIT

Thanks a lot for the great work, D-ECHO

IAHM-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “Club of the Banned”