An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Lydiot

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby Lydiot » Fri May 06, 2016 9:03 pm

jwocky wrote:Well, you can't rely on being loved, but then that is unnecessary as long as you are feared enough. Lets be honest, FGMEMBERS is not where it is because Curtis & Co loved it so much. And yes, my role in this triangle was always that of the weapon and I am okay with that. So, I did in a past conflict also the wise thing when weapon use appeared unfitting and asked Israel to moderate when I was party in a dispute. Unlike Stuart, I don't moderate in cases in which I am party. It happened in one case, we got a truce, the truce holds. Because my opponent in this dispute holds on to it and so do I. Because, at the end of the day, we are both men of our word.

However, the Lydiot has in a similar situation already once broken a similar. Not against me. Still, it doesn't help the trust, I would set in such a compromise with Lydiot. See, when I give a word, I keep it. And when I say, I give someone a free space for free speech, I give such a space. And when I step in to defend for example a party lacking the natural ability to aggression (that is an euphemism for Israel is sometimes waaaayyyyy too nice), I do so, no hold back, no secondary motives. Hurt my friends and I will hurt you, not as much as needed but as much as I possibly can. Now the Lydiot will probably compare once more to Hitler me for giving shelter and protection to others, or if it is not that, then he will compare me to Hitler to keep my word, or what confused ideas come up in his mind today ... nobody really knows ... but bottom line is, the Lydiot tried to jump me in the most malignant way and for the second time and he is not the man, in whose word I would put much trust. In so far, I see there not much hope in a truce at this point.

[cough]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Debates on the internet can never be won. The other can still always say something more. So best practice is to say what you have to say, and leave it to the reader to judge what he finds of it. Endless repetition of the same point, does not do the cause good. It only tires the reader.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri May 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Well, since he proved once more, he doesn't even possess basic reading skills, this train has left the station. There is simply no way to prove more effectively his stupidity than he did himself. End of the story.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat May 07, 2016 2:50 pm

But just look how effective it's been in steering the conversation away from its topic.....

I know it's hard not to respond, so I'm not saying don't do it, but always be aware of any calculated topic drift that might be happening.

BTW Hooray and Thorsten are experts at this over on the FG forum.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat May 07, 2016 3:35 pm

Lydiot, you learned your tricks from Joseph Goebbels? Of course,when I explain how I see things, I use the "I" ... I'm not like the Lydiot who uses rhetorical tricks to make it look like personal opinions would be facts or common consensus. That woudl be too much Goebbels style for my taste.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

swamp

Postby swamp » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Not yet banned but I was moderated for telling a certain some that he sounded like a pompous ass. I could hold my tongue no longer.

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:04 pm

That is the first step in the journey of getting banned :D
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:27 pm

I'm sorry but I missed your post... I expected a backlash to my post and CV so I thought I'd let the posts build up so as to read them all at once... kinda like pulling a plaster off....

but anyway good for you. :)
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 pm

I saw some of that discussion, where swamp said the correct thing and the narcissist was changing history. Also i think i saw a believer thanking the narcissist for his fine input. There it ended for me.

It is plainly unheard of how that forum supports a brat with narcissism disorder in treating people, that are probably a lot older and wiser than him, in such brutal manner.

Kind reagards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:11 am

Yeah, things are crazy over there. I'm still there since there are some people who I enjoy talking with.

Other times shit goes crazy -- but what can I do?

was swamp also banned? Lego said something about that.

Funny how these things go, it's almost as bad as FSX forums... :mrgreen: (With new flame wars sprouting every week!!!)

I already got a ban and 2 warnings on my name, I wonder if I'm next!!!!!!!!!!!

[unrelated]Just saw my post number: 878!!! When I get to 1000 I'm gonna put a Free Flight Free Speech badge on my profile ;)[/unrelated]

Have a nice day,
Josh

Return to “Club of the Banned”