(NOPE!) Almost banned by a hacker?

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Lydiot

Re: Almost banned by a hacker?

Postby Lydiot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 pm

My guess is one of the moderators/admins wrote it and issued the warning you see on your profile page, and expected not to be called on it. And now nobody wants to admit having done it. That's my guess. Unless someone has an explanation for just how a non-admin can issue a warning.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 pm

Two things have been done:

1) forum@flightgear.org is used
2) the warning level is set

Any maintainer of a forum would know immediately which narrow group could have had access to both. Yet at the other forum "they are looking into it" and try to decoy with discussing "there is no ban on mentioning or linking this forum or FGADDON".

This is worse than Lydiot suggests. Everything points to the whole admin group covering up for one of them and hoping this blows over if they buy themselves enough time.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm

Well, I did get from the real moderator, the email forum@flightgear.org does not be used by them, from them is something called flightge@flightgear.org

So that is funny.

So I do not know what does happene.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:54 pm

That they believe none of them have used it is decoying again. The maintainer must know whether that address exists and who has access to it.

Kind regards, Vincent

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm

MYTHBUSTERS

like I said, I suppose that this is a "warning bot" set up to automatically issue warnings based on keywords and raise the warning level accordingly - I think Curt is the only one with the corresponding privileges - and he may even have forgotten about having set up something like that (if he did after all).

It's one of the forum features - and once it's set up and working, it's on autopilot.

As far as I can tell, there's no cover-up at all - last I checked, I could not see anything in the moderator logs suggesting otherwise.

Honestly, there's no conspiracy here - it's just lazy folks who may have forgotten to disable a feature that they once set up when the shit hit the fan...

Conspiracies are typically taking place well behind the scenes, e.g. the infamous "Google Hangouts :D
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm

MY TEST! Let me mention that forum.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 pm

The only conspiracy i see here is making up a story about a warning bot. If that was true, then they could long have explained this issue. Btw, if anything else is true too.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:40 pm

I have PM'ed Gijs, in hopes that he knows what is going on.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:02 am

Well here you go.

"Just for your information, forum@flightgear.org is not an email address that we as moderator/admin team use. In fact we do not use email at all, we have the PM and warning systems for that. Anyone (with a little bit of computer knowledge, or actually just a the ability to use a search engine) can send emails from any address without actually having access to or owning that address, so it basically could've been anyone trying to be funny or heating up the debate"

Quote from Gijs.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am

You should ask him if that explains the warning on the profile page. Ignore the PM/email itself, the warning seems weird to me. I mean, I don't see how just sending an email/PM will create that warning.
Last edited by Lydiot on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Return to “Club of the Banned”