IAHM-COL

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:40 pm

@J.Mav
Nice choice :D

There's a cute terminal there already too :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 pm

SHM wrote:So, Catalanoic are you just converting models from other sims and stamping your name on TS. In the case of Boston, I find it true.

From Boston, i know the author, i've permission to include his models on TS, so i worked to readapt it, but 'til we get an authors profile in TS and this is an experiment, all models will be under my name until profile is created (it takes just minutes) and all models are OK (need testing,time consuming process) and then reuploaded under the true authors name.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Trying to answer:
"Im tempted to go Spanish-Language now, because clearly we arent communicating" --> I think is no need to translate anything, but maybe we aren't communicating all the time.

"1. Yes I know -- your work will be in Terrasync. I dont mind that" ---> OK
"2. Yes. I know. --your work will come from terrasync to terraGIT -- I love that" ---> OK
"3. Yes. I need to know if you are developing Phuket. Because there is no point to double work if you are going to do it." ---> My time for FG is limited (life, studies, work...), there's time 'til May but you may know im involved in other projects, so i don't think i'll have the time to do it on time (before the festival), so if you want you can develop Phuket before that timeline but maybe i'll develop it later (muuch later i think, years?..) but for all sources. I can repeat that I have not declared that i will develop Phuket before May.
"4. No. I prefer doing Phuket myself. BUT If I do it, I wont upload to terrasync, nor authorize people to upload these with "them" as authors." ---> OK
"5. BUT If you are too much interested in building Phuket, and you can't leave Phuket for me, instead, then I would step to the side and let you do the work." ---> See answer nº3
"6. If you can step to the side, and agree I do it, I'll be happy. If you can't, then I'll also be happy that you do the work for me." ---> OK
"7. Yes. I need a timeline. The festival comes and the Scenery must be ready for the Festival" --> OK, i understand it perfectly. See answer nº3
"8. But, I am asking you to please let me know now: are you going to leave Phuket for I to develop with no conflict of interest? or are you going to make it yourself, in which case I would not spend valuable time on that?" --->Same as nº7, so see answer nº3

Conclusion: I think some points have been discussed at the same time (difficult to follow), and maybe some of the points were unclear or not know.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Clarifying the Area for SEASia 2017

Hi guys

I've noticed some uncertainty of what parts of the World are included.
Example, Malaysia was not listed originally in the thread title -- Im fixing this --, and this meant for MD-GRK to doubt whether Kuala Lumpur was in or out (is in).

So this post will try to clarify this.

South East Asia (wiki) is a vast region of the World,

For this reason, when Raven proposed, we talk him down to include in his proposal only Peninsular South East Asia.
South East Asia is grossly subdivided in 2 sub-regions. One known as "Mainland" or "Peninsular" South East Asia, this Is the region that is physically attached to the Asian Continent, Includes the countries of Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, West (or Peninsular) Malaysia, and Singapore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainland_Southeast_Asia

(Previously named as Indochina)

This is the area of the Festival!

Notice, it does NOT include Hong-Kong.

The other sub-region of South East Asia is known as Maritime, or Insular South East Asia. This area is not considered as a region within the FG Festival 2017. This includes other countries (not limited to) East or Insular Malaysa, Brunei, Indonesia, Philippines, and others.

Please, do not doubt to ask below if the place you are considering to plan for a mini-game, ATC service, or other festival related theme is within the area of Peninsular South East Asia... and

HAPPY FESTIVAL anyone !

IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Catalanoic wrote:Trying to answer:
My time for FG is limited (life, studies, work...), there's time 'til May but you may know im involved in other projects, so i don't think i'll have the time to do it on time (before the festival), so if you want you can develop Phuket before that timeline but maybe i'll develop it later (muuch later i think, years?..) but for all sources. I can repeat that I have not declared that i will develop Phuket before May.

OK. No problem.
I'll do it then.

Thanks for clarifying.

R.M.S.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Hey here is a proposal for airspaces!
(left monitor)
[url]Image[/url]

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 pm

@Catalanoic: If you are interested in developing for the Festival you can contribute a bit to VVTS time-permitting (you can submit it everywhere, I don't mind) ;) .
I really hope to fix my PC by May, I'm starting to miss ATC somehow. I mean, sometimes you can't always fly right?
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:50 pm

I updated the first thread

1. Added West Malaysia to the Countries' List
2. Added the temptative ATC offerings some have move forward to announce

Let's make a great SEAsia 2017 :D

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:39 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:@Catalanoic: (you can submit it everywhere, I don't mind) ;) v
This is the attitude, i can take a look of how can i improve VVTS.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:51 pm

yeah!
I like it too

I think VVTS by Catalanoic is going to look impressive :D

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”