The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Catalanoic

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:16 pm

"can you honor the fact that I petition to develop this place already, or should I stop any intent to develop this airport and prevent a conflict of interest? " Please, keep on your scenery plans on Phuket for TerraGIT (and/or elsewhere), i don't want to intercede anyone, but I can help or cooperate for TerraGIT (only) too. My work will be in TerraGIT, in TS and elsewhere, so i think no problem with that, you can develop Phuket and be in Terragit, but i can develop Phuket too and be in Terragit and TS, so, in both systems. I can do Edinburgh for TS, and upload it there, but you can use my Edinburgh objects in TerraGIT too.
J Maverick 16 wrote:As we already understood in November, FGUK doesn't care about Festivals so I'm not going to spend one more word on that.
Me too, don't care!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:20 pm

OK.
If that is your attitude towards the matter. I better "hire" you as a contractor to do the work and I sit tight, and do nothing for now.
In any case, my interest of having phuket developed will be covered by you.

Could you give me some timeline of your work for Phuket?

We can move to the Phuket thread now, where I can tell you my preferences for the work.

I like early better than later, so I can have some time to polish over it if necessary too :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:27 pm

I'm not directly saying i will develop Phuket or not, im focusing on the fact that my works will be on all sources, they can be added where are admited, and later you can decide to admit my work or yours (or from any other person) to be included. Its like deciding about +1 versions of the same object that will be included in your source.

PS: Yes, we can move where you want, but this is core Teragit/fgmembers authors thema, not Phuket related.

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:30 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:OK.
If that is your attitude towards the matter. I better "hire" you as a contractor to do the work and I sit tight, and do nothing for now.
In any case, my interest of having phuket developed will be covered by you.

Could you give me some timeline of your work for Phuket?

We can move to the Phuket thread now, where I can tell you my preferences for the work.

I like early better than later, so I can have some time to polish over it if necessary too :D

ROFL :lol:
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Im tempted to go Spanish-Language now, because clearly we arent communicating

1. Yes I know -- your work will be in Terrasync. I dont mind that
2. Yes. I know. --your work will come from terrasync to terraGIT -- I love that
3. Yes. I need to know if you are developing Phuket. Because there is no point to double work if you are going to do it.
4. No. I prefer doing Phuket myself. BUT If I do it, I wont upload to terrasync, nor authorize people to upload these with "them" as authors.
5. BUT If you are too much interested in building Phuket, and you can't leave Phuket for me, instead, then I would step to the side and let you do the work.
6. If you can step to the side, and agree I do it, I'll be happy. If you can't, then I'll also be happy that you do the work for me.
7. Yes. I need a timeline. The festival comes and the Scenery must be ready for the Festival
8. But, I am asking you to please let me know now: are you going to leave Phuket for I to develop with no conflict of interest? or are you going to make it yourself, in which case I would not spend valuable time on that?

In other words, I'll be thankful of your making your mind.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:33 pm

RFOL = Rolling On Floor Laughing; if you laugh from laughs from another person about another person's opinion, how can you laugh?

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:34 pm

So, Catalanoic are you just converting models from other sims and stamping your name on TS. In the case of Boston, I find it true.

How can you be made the author of the whole model, when you've just converted it, which is just 10s work in modelconverterx or any 3d software?
Last edited by SHM on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Catalanoic wrote:RFOL = Rolling On Floor Laughing; if you laugh from laughs from another person about another person's opinion, how can you laugh?

Please don't make a fool of yourself.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Catalanoic wrote:PS: Yes, we can move where you want, but this is core Teragit/fgmembers authors thema, not Phuket related.

I'm not directly saying i will develop Phuket or not

This is all in your mind.
the point is way much easier.

If you do Phuket, I will use your work. Not doubling efforts necessary.

If you are OK with leaving Phuket for me, as in you are not interested in making Phuket, then I'll do it.

"I ask for it first", If we may say. But If you are too much in love of doing it, be my guest. and save me some hours there :D

But, If you can be a gentleman, and step to the side, and say: Yup, you did ask for this airport first, that'll be appreciated, as well.

I just need to know what are your intentions with Phuket. Not a terraGIT/FGMEMBERS theme here.

R.M.S.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:38 pm

J Maverick 16 is getting Tan Son Nhat International Airport (VVTS), Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.*

*Hoping that I'll be able to ATC, otherwise I'll let it to someone else. Plus, I may change my idea anytime.
Regards, Mav
Last edited by J Maverick 16 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

Return to “The Festival”