May 5th and 6th, 2018
Catalanoic

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:37 pm

I belive you IH-COL, but did not know this information earlier

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Catalanoic wrote:"like EGOD work, which is listed as your authorship in terrasync's database" --> Well, this is partially true, let me explain, some EGOD objects are shared (already made before), no authorship problems, others not, from FGUK package as well (the same objects in Terragit, TS and FGUK packages, all same objects), these objects came from an unkown author but posted in some websites (FGUK.eu and others), but really no direct author (with full name) provided except license described as GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991 (adjacent file on package), the same license for TS objects, and i think is the same license for TerraGit objects.

https://scenery.flightgear.org/app.php? ... ew&id=5900

As you can see there, the EGOD work appears in Terrasync as YOU the author (Adria)

This is NOT true, for what I care.

And that's a copyright violation even in the eyes of the GPL2 letter

And do not lump terraGIT on that, because in terraGIT the package does not state me, but the FGUK as the authors.

And this is all topic not FG Festival related too.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Raven wrote:Is there anyway that I can create an OpenRadar sector?

Yes.
Open Radar allows you to create configurations as XML files

I dont know the trick, but Oscar and ACI (ainanuzzi) know it very well.

You can use previous OR files as examples, but also, if you have the time to try it out, this webpage offers some explanations :D

http://wiki.flightgear.org/OpenRadar:_Editing_routes

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Catalanoic wrote:"After Omega left FG (previous Merlion CEO), he authorized us to reuse his work;" --> Is this true?
"The VTSP scenery I am going to make will not be to upload to terrasync. By you, nor I, nor anyone else." --> But i'm talking about only for 3D objects, maybe you don't will do new 3d objects there? So, nothing to do with it, but as for other people, maybe is another story, and under permission i can submit in TS too, (like Omega work), Terragit or elsewhere

Again. Negative.

I am going to be doing the new 3D objects for Phuket, and I will not upload to terrasync. Nor authorize you to upload any of them under your name, either.

Can you please take any other place of SEAsia to develop instead?!
There are plenty of work in Scenery for FG and thus, dont tell me you wont find where to develop.

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:50 pm

The conflict is on just two files:
superhangar
gate-guardian
The first is an animated hangar (adaptation of another GPLed hangar already in TS), just the texture is modified, apparently attributed to FGUK, but no author provided, so the source is unkown, no copyright violations on unkown material. I can submit it, im the author because nobody as author declared before. Similar when it is a treasure found in the sea.
The second, a plane model and texture without author information too. Same case.

"I am going to be doing the new 3D objects for Phuket, and I will not upload to terrasync. Nor authorize you to upload any of them under your name, either." --> Nice for TerraGit supporters, but i dont pretend to reupload your material under my name. I can freely develop Phuket (100% from myself) for TS, custom or elsewhere, also for TerraGIT if you or his admins admit my work.
Last edited by Catalanoic on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Catalanoic wrote: im the author because nobody as author declared before. .

Yup. clearly you are the author finding treasures in the sea.

For what I care that's a lie. You were never the author.

Look to settle matters, you can keep looking for materials to steal and stamp your authorships anywhere.
But keep that attitude off the work I do please.

Example. Edinburgh work available in terraGIT: I am the author with others. This is clearly indicated and here set forth. I dont authorize you to stamp your authorship on them and upload them to terrasync.

Example 2: I am intending to develop the 3d work for Phuket. I am going to be the author. I am clearly indicating this and here set forth. I dont authorize you to stamp your authorship on them and upload them to terrasync.

So, that being clear, that's my original disclaimer some post above. I said I will develop Phuket, and I will not upload to terrasync, nor authorize uploaders. That should be just fine for you know: as the "official" FG prouds itself of not reusing material against authors' will (remember?)

If you want to join me developing Phuket, understanding the material I make will not be for terrasync, that's good. You are among the best FG developers for Scenery. Else, and I know this is a problem for you, I think it would be action of a gentleman from you to recognize I asked for Phuket first and move step to the side and find anywhere else to develop for FG scenery, in SEAsia, or elsewhere, right?

Best,
IH-COL

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:58 pm

"For what I care that's a lie. You were never the author." --> Because some factors are not contemplated on the license. For unknown material

"Look to settle matters, you can keep looking for materials to steal and stamp your authorships anywhere.
But keep that attitude of work I do please.

Example. Edinburgh work available in terraGIT: I am the author with others. This is clearly indicated and here set forth. I dont authorize you to stamp your authorship on them and upload them to terrasync.

Example 2: I am intending to develop the 3d work for Phuket. I am going to be the author. I am clearly indicating this and here set forth. I dont authorize you to stamp your authorship on them and upload them to terrasync.

So, that being clear, that's my original disclaimer some post above. I said I will develop Phuket, and I will not upload to terrasync, nor authorize uploaders. That should be just fine for you know: as the "official" FG prouds itself of not reusing material against authors' will (remember?)" ---> 100 % agreed
Last edited by Catalanoic on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Catalanoic wrote:I can freely develop Phuket (100% from myself) for TS, custom or elsewhere, also for TerraGIT if you or his admins admit my work.

OK.
Tell me now.
can you honor the fact that I petition to develop this place already, or should I stop any intent to develop this airport and prevent a conflict of interest?

Should I look for some other place for me to develop? or are you going to start following me anywhere in the planet?

In UK worked fine. You left me alone in Edinburgh, and decided to build Glasgow.
Can you do alike?

R.M.S.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Is it a tradition that every Festival organization thread has some controversial discussions? (just kidding, I've understood the point).

As I stated before I volunteer for help (with my limited skills compared to what some of you can do for 2D/3D in such a short period of time) in any branch, excluding route files making for OR and modeling, I'll leave that to people who know what they are doing ;) .

Since I offered ATC service back in 2014 and Fall 2015 (that time with great disappointment), I don't exclude to restart doing it if I'm able to get my laptop back to work again in time for the Festival. So I'll find myself a suitable place in the next few days in case this option becomes available, otherwise anyone can feel free to take my place instead.

I can say that at 99% there will be an OPRF presence again this period so I'll focus some of my efforts also to that part of the Festival, since it was enjoyable the last two editions (I've already prepared eventual relocation routes for both 2017 Festivals).

As we already understood in November, FGUK doesn't care about Festivals so I'm not going to spend one more word on that.
Hoping for a great one next year!
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:10 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote:Is it a tradition that every Festival organization thread has some controversial discussions? (just kidding, I've understood the point).

You can say that again :D

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”