The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Raven

Re: The Festival of FlightGear, May '17

Postby Raven » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Did anybody develop Singapore's Changi Airport scenery?
Callsign: RAVEN

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:21 pm

The one available in terraGIT is fantastic
Has landclasses of its own. + 3d Custom Buildings, + OSM map

And this not only for Changi, but for the whole territory of Singapore !! :D

Lots of pictures of the progress and final work here
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=558&hilit=Singapore

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Haha OMG sounds amazing, which means that the runways and taxiways are all labeled and the pilots know like which taxiway they are on, when to turn etc?

EDIT: I have seen the designs and scenery for the airports in Singapore, OMG I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD ACTUALLY WORK ON SINGAPORE HAHAHA

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:26 pm

"The scenery I am going to make for VTSP is not to upload to terrasync, nor I would spend a second making it terrasync friendly. It will be available as an FGMEMBERS-SCENERY custom package and in terraGIT --this is enough for me." --> Please, if you want, leave the Terrasync part to me, because i know how it works and is friendly to me.

"like EGOD work, which is listed as your authorship in terrasync's database" --> Well, this is partially true, let me explain, some EGOD objects are shared (already made before), no authorship problems, others not, from FGUK package as well (the same objects in Terragit, TS and FGUK packages, all same objects), these objects came from an unkown author but posted in some websites (FGUK.eu and others), but really no direct author (with full name) provided except license described as GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991 (adjacent file on package), the same license for TS objects, and i think is the same license for TerraGit objects. So, in this case, i've 4 options; 1- find the original author to upload his already GPLed material under his name profile; 2- upload the already GPLed material under unkown author (possible and a common practice) but without being able to have control over the files; 3- upload the already GPLed material under my name (possible under GNU license) with the possibility to be able to control the files (like a maintainer does) and 4- Redo all the work 100% from 0 and upload it under my name. Conclusion: Of course i prefer option 4, but options 2 and 3 are possible too if no option 1.

"just as you've done with Edinburgh, just leave the sceneries off the grid." --> Excuse me, i don't understand the sentence (or the context)

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Now the best thing that I can have is an updated OpenRadar File where taxiways and stands are labelled, that would be perfect for the event!
Last edited by Raven on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Singapore is the home base for one of the largest FG Virtual Airlines,
Merlion

They made a custom --non-terrasync- scenery package specifically for their airline,
After Omega left FG (previous Merlion CEO), he authorized us to reuse his work;

we began from his amazing custom 3d buildings, and the new very detailed XPlane layouts for Changi and all other airports in whole singapore.
SHM made a custom landclass for the urban, and we took this Country as a demostration of what can be achieved in terraGIT if we work together.

The OSM work in Downtown Singapore is mind-blowing!!

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Catalanoic wrote: Please, if you want, leave the Terrasync part to me, because i know how it works and is friendly to me.

Negative.
The VTSP scenery I am going to make will not be to upload to terrasync. By you, nor I, nor anyone else.

I also know how to make it terrasync ready. I am just not interested in that.

[ANYMORE]= https://scenery.flightgear.org/app.php? ... iew&id=127

R.M.S.

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 pm

"After Omega left FG (previous Merlion CEO), he authorized us to reuse his work;" --> Is this true?
"The VTSP scenery I am going to make will not be to upload to terrasync. By you, nor I, nor anyone else." --> But i'm talking about only for 3D objects, maybe you don't will do new 3d objects there? So, nothing to do with it, but as for other people, maybe is another story, and under permission i can submit in TS too, (like Omega work), Terragit or elsewhere
Last edited by Catalanoic on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Go ask him if I used his work unauthorized if you dont believe me

R.M.S.

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Is there anyway that I can create an OpenRadar sector?

Return to “The Festival”