United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018

J Maverick 16

Re: United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:36 am

Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:36 am

Fguk is planning their next saturday event in central London.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30872

I know they have events all over the world all the time, and when they are in the UK they just hang around the Midlands. So planning an event exactly when there is another event, deliberately in the most densely controlled area, comes to me as a childish way of wanting to disturb.

To the controllers at the Festival i would say: Do not give these trolls the pleasure of seeing any annoyance from you. Ignore them in a professional manner.

Kind regards, Vincent

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:16 pm

Put it this way: if they enter my area and don't respond in 2 calls, I neglect them.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:34 pm

I prefeer the word Ignore.
[url]Image[/url]

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 pm

KL-666 wrote:Fguk is planning their next saturday event in central London.

https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30872

I know they have events all over the world all the time, and when they are in the UK they just hang around the Midlands. So planning an event exactly when there is another event, deliberately in the most densely controlled area, comes to me as a childish way of wanting to disturb.

To the controllers at the Festival i would say: Do not give these trolls the pleasure of seeing any annoyance from you. Ignore them in a professional manner.

Kind regards, Vincent

I want to say that I look at this through a completely different pair of glasses.

I am very glad that the FGUK is integrating (for the very first time ever) into an event of any sort, not being their weekend hang-outs.
They never made presence, per example, in any previous Festival installment.... in fact!

(not that they were not invited)

Now, in the UK's Festival they are actually quite on topic: this is: celebratory
They even will finish their event with fireworks, as a celebration that the festival was held in their turf. Which I find very nice... not only pleasant. Except, off course, that those fireworks is something only they'll get to see....

About ATC service

It should be (hopefully) clear that the ATC service in these festivals is supposed to be very inclussive. This is not an event for ONLY PEOPLE capable of ATC.
Tipically the festival has been rather poor in mini-events. But both FGUK and OPRF groups have succesfully planned mini-events for this festival. that's great. In addition we have Lesbof riding cars and motorcycles in Isle of Mann event.
You can get pilots to your area that are either (i) confused or (ii) unwilling to be ATCed. The correct solution is to just warn pilots that ARE controlled of uncontrol traffic and to interact to your controlled traffic to keep them safe. Reroutes, holdings may be in place. More importantly, if someone is Just trolling, just advice your controlled pilot to ignore (which will prevent collisions or runway occupancies).

The FGUK has published a time frame and a route on Curtis' forum. ACI/elgaton/ATC1337 and other ATCs in London Area are now advised, and they could use this information to create a NOTAM or to keep pilots at a safe distance. The FGUK group is coming along in helicopters, they'll fly really low (<500ft) and VFR, and they'll come in flock. They'll be off your contact, because they dont use mumble, but teamspeak.
So, all in all, it seems to me to be a really easy situation to control and manage.

And a very fun situation too. where the Festival becomes more populated, too

Finally, off course, I am considering inviting a group of fellows to take fighter jets and make a trip from Glasgow to EGOD :D Both
Both airports having a nice developed scenery now, and since the FGUK visited us, we can in fact return the kindness .....

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek: :twisted: :D :lol:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:30 pm

+1,000,000 Israel! The right point of view about this.
But let me clarify things before everyone creates their own point of view which may cause misunderstandings.
First, the FlightNight was planned ages ago (FGUK website is offline for WIP on it) but the thread over there was started many months ago, AND it wasn't intended to be part of the Festival (when we discussed this over there when the ideas regarding the 2016 Fall edition locations proposals, they were intending to fly somewhere else than UK) because who planned it (Warty) forgot about the presence of the Festival, and when it came up that the FlightNight would happen one the same place on the same time of Festival, well at that point they didn't care 'cause the show must go on.
That's how it happened.

KL-666 wrote:So planning an event exactly when there is another event, deliberately in the most densely controlled area, comes to me as a childish way of wanting to disturb.

Could you read it again twice and then tell me if there good sense in that?
FGUK NEVER WANTED TO TROLL NOR DISTURB PEOPLE, JUST HAVING FUN RESPECTING THE OTHERS WILL AND PRETENDING TO BE RESPECTED.
I hope that writing it in capital letters makes it clear.
We don't care about (annoying) ATCs but yet we respect their will to do it, as long as they don't order us what to do, especially when several NM away from them.

IAHM-COL wrote:They even will finish their event with fireworks, as a celebration that the festival was held in their turf. Which I find very nice... not only pleasant. Except, off course, that those fireworks is something only they'll get to see....

The AI scenario can be downloaded by anyone. And for the record, fireworks aren't meant to celebrate the attendance to the Festival.

Plus they fly helis, so typing is impossible (= don't expect answers if you send messages in MPchat, and likely they'll be ignored).

IAHM-COL wrote:Finally, off course, I am considering inviting a group of fellows to take fighter jets and make a trip from Glasgow to EGOD :D Both
Both airports having a nice developed scenery now, and since the FGUK visited us, we can in fact return the kindness .....

Well, I don't think it's a nice idea honestly... when I flew there the first time without being part of FGUK they've asked me £500 of landing fee and I haven't paid it (yet).
Anyway, I'd say that before you try to do that, send them and advice about it.;)

I think I've wrote enough so this matter should be solved.
Regards, Mav
Last edited by J Maverick 16 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:34 pm

paying ?

Haha
Not gonna happen! (_I dont' think they "own" FG MP, or they deserve royalties for it's use_)

*(and you are quoting yourself)

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:37 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:*(and you are quoting yourself)

Can you remove it please? I was trying to edit the post but quoted it :lol: :oops:
Regards, Mav

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:39 pm

done

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”