United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
SHM

Re: United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

Postby SHM » Sat May 14, 2016 4:33 pm

With the great Terragear.
You know my email, send it to me if you need help with it.

P.S. Its not going to work in windows.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:35 pm

PS--I dont know your e-mail.Sorry :?
[url]Image[/url]

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat May 14, 2016 4:36 pm

lol.
You have send me the apt.dat of RJTT remember.
Anyways I will PM it.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Sun May 15, 2016 8:39 am

Sorry for the absence - I've been writing some documentation and fixing a few last minute core bugs before the next FG release. I've been following the discussion, though.

Regarding the airspace assignment, I'm fine with controlling S26 Clacton and S20 Hurn. I think, however, two points need to be discussed further (but that's just my opinion - I'd like to get some feedback on them):
  • ground services at controlled airports: I've noticed that, at most (if not all) airports, delivery/ground controllers are missing. I think it would be nice (and more realistic) if some ATCs manned those position as well;
  • coordination with FGUK: apart from keeping the EGOD area/west UK uncontrolled, does anybody know if there are some (semi-)definitive plans on their part for the Festival nights? (Since they "were there first", I think it would be better to let them decide the areas they would like to operate in, and start working on scenery/OR files/... only afterwards).

As usual, I've created a GitHub repository for the Festival - feel free to contribute (IAHM-COL - I've granted you push access).

aiannuzzi99

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 pm

I was wondering if there is terra git scenery for egll, or some scenery that has the buildings.

ACI

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Sun May 15, 2016 1:29 pm

"I think it would be better to let them decide the areas they would like to operate in, and start working on scenery/OR files/... only afterwards)." It's a logical step, we've some communities and a cooperative effort about ATC support and scenery develp. (as other factors) will be more productive and benefit for all together.

laserman

Postby laserman » Sun May 15, 2016 1:58 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:@D-LASER
This is a 3D terminal model for your skills/height :P
What do you say?

Airport Dublin in FlightGear has buildings already.
+ "the needle" statue in the city center

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 15, 2016 2:12 pm

thanks for the note :D

I never landed there in FG, but now I notice something that's due :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:28 pm

elgaton wrote:coordination with FGUK: apart from keeping the EGOD area/west UK uncontrolled, does anybody know if there are some (semi-)definitive plans on their part for the Festival nights? (Since they "were there first", I think it would be better to let them decide the areas they would like to operate in, and start working on scenery/OR files/... only afterwards).

It's difficult to coordinate with people who just don't care about ATC... anyway, all we want at FGUK is stated here:
J Maverick 16 wrote:About NOTAMs and Military activities, IRL almost all the territory of Wales is used for military exercises, low-level training, fire-range (between Wales and Ireland), etc. FGUK will just fly as it always does, without rules (mind, this doesn't mean that we'll mess up with ATCs or shoot at airliners), simply we'll ignore (most of us) ATC and keep flying on our way, respecting the others and pretending they respect our willing to fly without guidance by other people.
So what has to be done here is: first of all defining all the ATC positions in order to know which areas will be under control, and which not, so that we all know in advance where we can fly without disturb and/or being disturbed.
Define a route which doesn't pass over the EGOD/EGOV area and at least 18,000ft above these bases and tell pilots inbound for that place to expect military presence which will not interfere with their flight, as long as the airline pilot respect this.
And then, avoid to send messages like "Welcome to ICAO area - please advice ATC of your intentions via MPChat or whatever" to every aircraft that simply pops in the 100NM area if it is clearly a military fighter, tanker, heli, etc.

So, no ATC which contacts members of the group nor tries to control them since they'll just ignore his/her messages. Also, FGUK uses mainly voice comms via Teamspeak so don't expect Mumble comms.
This map shows FGUK's required airspace:

And here's the so discussed topic about the possible UK Festival if any of you wants to read it: http://www.fguk.eu/index.php/forum/flyi ... ead-please
Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun May 15, 2016 6:02 pm

OK
We can agree with you on that NOTAM

Thanks Mav.
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “The Festival”