FS-WWI: Some work I'd done before FG.

The Belfort Aerodrome and its WWI events
LesterBoffo

FS-WWI: Some work I'd done before FG.

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 pm

Before I was in FlightGear, back about 2010 I made this video of an RE8, ( 'arry Tate as nicknamed by the RFC..) squadron patrol being jumped by a group of Halberstadt D-II's in Fighter Squadron WWI. The RE8 is my model and will eventually show up in FG.

..unfortunately SDoE has sound issues when you try to capture videos, so it's silent.

I thought some of you might like to see what exactly what ol' Lester is going on about when he's talking about FS-WWI

legoboyvdlp

Re: FS-WWI: Some work I'd done before FG.

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:01 pm

Whoa! RE-8 -- do we have primitive radio yet?
To the best of my knowledgeby 1916ish they were bing used for artillery spotting. Of course, it could not be done in FG (it could but would be thousands of hours of work?) but we could circle and pretend :)
Beautiful, Lester.
It makes me want to download, but my Dad doesn't really like hard disks full of plane stuff. (Its my own laptop, but he thinks they get slow when you have more than 40%ish full..?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Re: FS-WWI: Some work I'd done before FG.

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:17 pm

ArgonV made a little wireless set with a antennae spool and some other nice items for the gunner's 'pit. They will be in the plane when it gets released. The cockpit in this is really good. Lots of working features.

I would love to see if FG could have most of the stuff that FS-WWI has natively.

Yeah about FS-WWI, is that it's a fairly large download, even with a fairly fast DSL connection, it's nearly one gig! So it might work better for me to send you an .iso burned to a DVD, if that's even possible. I'm not really trying to sell the sim, although despite it's relative low spec OpenGL-2.0 rendering, it's got an amazing amount of damage and weapons physics packaging, it's better in some regards to Wings Over Flanders Fields, and Rise of Flight. Unfortunately it's also Windows only which is odd as the original programmers did it entirely in Linux, and had plans to port it to Mac's and Linux, but I think Activision scrubbed that concept.

Return to “Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers”