The Belfort Aerodrome and its WWI events
D-ECHO

Re: Oct 16th 2016: Centenary of the Raid on Oberndorf

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Thanks. @Lester maybe I can join in?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:25 pm

D-ECHO wrote:Thanks. @Lester maybe I can join in?

Everyone's welcome, it's mainly to get you all reoriented with flying ancient tail draggers. Practice flights.

We meet at LFGG, there's a custom scenery mod..http://www.mediafire.com/file/3detuhqpxs7t6zy/LFGG-WWI.zip

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:27 pm

Ok THX i hope I can join

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:35 pm

If i'm home at 19:00 my time CET, i'll join. I mostly join events if i am home. We'll have to see.

Just one more "issue" i have with these planes is that they start to roll quite easily with engine on, but on idle. I can actually take off if i wait long enough on idle. Did those planes have no wheel brakes?

Kind regards, Vincent

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:55 pm

KL-666 wrote:If i'm home at 19:00 my time CET, i'll join. I mostly join events if i am home. We'll have to see.

Just one more "issue" i have with these planes is that they start to roll quite easily with engine on, but on idle. I can actually take off if i wait long enough on idle. Did those planes have no wheel brakes?

Kind regards, Vincent

Most do, I still need to code in a Wheel-chock animation on most, when the brakes are applied.

If we're loading into LFGG with the grass strip, you shouldn't have any issue with the plane rolling forward at idle, unless you're being a stickler for historic fidelity by running a rotary engine with a coupe switch. Most of my planes idle quite well and shouldn't roll forwards with the throttle at 0.0.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:20 pm

I will be starting at Belfort-Chaux in about 20 minutes. For those not familiar with flying WWI planes the AVRO 504 from FGMEMBERS/Non-GPL is a good trainer, as it was historically. I'll be on the Belfort Aerodrome channel on Mumble, online we can use FGMEMEBRS servers. See you soon.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Some shots from today's get-together, thanks KL-666 for bringing the MF-11.

clrcoda

Postby clrcoda » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:01 am

Calling LesterBoffo, come in lesterBoffo, over...

Hi lester,

I had a question about the EindeckerIII, so I shall ask it with textual words using my finger digits to ask it in a forum, much like this very one.

Does the model depend on any other model? or in otherwords, does it spin faster than the prop just standing in place when you unbrakeify the brakeuals and propify the propuals to taxi speed, or is the idiot that I am just way WAY too stupid to get this to do anything and I need another tutorial :) hehe

Or maybe it's not for FG2.12, even?

What am I missing besides my mind, please, if you happen to know?

in other news....
I'm having a great time with at least 2 of the other posted models, they are very VERY sweet. Thanks for those.

Thanks -Ray

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:22 pm

clrcoda wrote:Calling LesterBoffo, come in lesterBoffo, over...

Hi lester,

I had a question about the EindeckerIII, so I shall ask it with textual words using my finger digits to ask it in a forum, much like this very one.

Does the model depend on any other model? or in otherwords, does it spin faster than the prop just standing in place when you unbrakeify the brakeuals and propify the propuals to taxi speed, or is the idiot that I am just way WAY too stupid to get this to do anything and I need another tutorial :) hehe

Or maybe it's not for FG2.12, even?

What am I missing besides my mind, please, if you happen to know?

in other news....
I'm having a great time with at least 2 of the other posted models, they are very VERY sweet. Thanks for those.

Thanks -Ray

Um.... :?

AFAIK it is without other airplane dependencies, Have to try it for yourself and see, mine seems to work fine, but I have the development version, which normally should be the release version, but not always. The brakes? The propeller?

I assume the brakes are the same, as are the propeller animations. Your message is breaking up.

clrcoda

Postby clrcoda » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:18 pm

sorry, was trying to be funnier than I actually am and hurt myself :)

Okay, what I have experienced is thus or this depending on if you thus or this:

Weathervaning. um not a real term but I describe it, imagine the plane were the model used as a weathervane on a pole. In a "normal" model, for want of a better term, release the brakes and the model "moves forward". But what is happening here is that the model instead of moving forward, begins to spin in place, as if it were the propeller. As the thrust is increased the plane only spins in place faster, and eventually slower to a stand still as the thrust is retarded. There does not appear to be a forward movement associated with the model (not looking at the code).

Thanks for you diligent efforts -- Ray

Return to “Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers”