A place for the Belfort flights

The Belfort Aerodrome and its WWI events
LesterBoffo

Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:33 am

I'm now 'officially' committed to this. I'm now posting in two forums now to keep track of my crazy Centenary WWI based concept virtual operation.

Where to start? Well the idea grew as I discovered back in 2012 that I was able to import content from another sim that I've been developing aircraft for. Activision's old deprecated 'open' sim Screaming Demons over Europe. And the mod that my friend and fellow WWI enthusiast Jason, ( ArgonV ) was crucial in bringing to the light of day, back in 2004, Fighter Squadron-WWI. With their blessing and the reminder that they want their content to remain non commercial, I've been slowly bringing out more planes and making new scenery for the devastatingly pretty Lorraine-Alsace region in FlightGear's 2.0 scenery. I hope that I'll be able to return the favor to the gents back at OpenPlaneSim by updating their scenery with terrain 3d files created from the older FG 1.0 scenery someday.

I've got a ton of old sceenshots from the beginning of the Aerodrome back in Fall-Winter of 2014, not sure I should be choking up this forum's bandwidth with hundreds of photos. Most of you are familiar with these.

I hope that I can keep on trucking with this idea as it's something that makes me excited for every day I get to do work on it.

Oh and for JWocky since we were talking abut this earlier on Mumble..

WWI Zeppelins, now in FG.. Image

I should mention the image coder is needing some work, I had to manually print in the [img] code.

legoboyvdlp

Re: Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Beautiful. Does it also work with the mpobservers?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Not sure I understand what an mpobserver is? You mean like a co-pilot position in MP?

It's the Nordstern with a new 3D shell , it should have all the features the Nordstern does.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Thats great. Thanks very much -- hope to try it soon :)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

jwocky
Site Admin

A place for the Belfort flights

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:06 pm

I created Belfort as a subforum, that gives you more room and you can run several topics for several events. Just a matter of convenience. Now I try to figure how to move the topic hereto ...
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: A place for the Belfort flights

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Well, I moved the posts ... dooh

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:29 pm

This blimp looks sooo awesome! :D

I feel kinda bummer the USA Tour aerostat event is long gone, but maybe we can enjoy these on a Belfort event?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Thank you very much Jwocky I fogot to send email notice, my bad.. :oops:

Well that's the plan. Since we have a smaller Astra-Compte dirigible hangar at Belfort and there's historically Zeppelin Hangars and a manufacturing plant at Friedrichshafen, which isn't much more than about 100 nm from Belfort. We could build a set of Zeppelin hangars at the Lake of Constance, as there's models for them in the LFGG-WWI scenery pack/folder.

Raids on Friedrichshafen with Voisins and Farmans? :lol:

In FS-WWI the Zeppelin Hangar doors animate to allow you to exit when you spawn the Zepp inside. I think we can do the same.

I'm thinking a big Belfort operation shifted North to Flanders, and the UK, have a group of AI Zeppelins from Ghent, Belgium do an evening raid on London, we fly intercepts in Sopwith Tabloids, BE2c's and AVRO 504's trying to climb and catch them. Making them 'flame on' will be a challenge if we do catch them.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Blimp time!? :D
I will be soooo in!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Wow, to burn and crash a zeppelin, I have seriously to read into more animation stuff!

Return to “Belfort Aerodrome: The Taildraggers”