More GIT issues

Everything that has to do with the forum on a technical level. Logins, posts, formatting ...
Octal450

More GIT issues

Postby Octal450 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:03 pm

I can never manage to get my repo and the FGMEMBERS copy even. Always one commit behind or ahead or something stupid. This is why I stopped merging into FGMEMBERS, Cause it causes issues, I always PUSHed my build to it. But, now the lego did a pull request, I cant do anything with my primitive GIT knowledge. So if someone pulls it for me, just know that I will be unable to push it again to FGMEMBERS since I don't know how to fix that stuff.

That being said:

Is this something IAHM-COL has to fix since he owns FGMEMBERS?
Is it fixable?
Who is going to merge my changes? me or someone else?

Sorry for sounding angry, I don't like it when I get these issues.

And now Github is being slower than ever. I just pushed something and it STILL DOESN'T SHOW UP???? But the git console says its up to date?

EDIT: Since I don't know how to deal with this, I only now push to my repo. I am extremely busy and don't have time for GIT issues. If someone wants to merge it great, if noone merges it, I merge when stable.

IAHM-COL

Re: More GIT issues

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:44 pm

No big deal. Just push to your repo and I pull from there.
If you want me to "even" the repos, just give me push access to yours.

happy dev.
Ih-col
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:32 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:No big deal. Just push to your repo and I pull from there.
If you want me to "even" the repos, just give me push access to yours.

happy dev.
Ih-col

OK, you already have it from last time, my copy is newer.

Thanks,

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:45 am

Poor IAHM-COL, now he has not only a git challenged JWocky but also a git challenged ITouchPods ... and the most embarrassing part is, every time, Israel brings the stuff together for me, I end up with "I should have really known that" ... so, thanks for your patience at this point, Israel.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 am

jwocky wrote:Poor IAHM-COL, now he has not only a git challenged JWocky but also a git challenged ITouchPods ... and the most embarrassing part is, every time, Israel brings the stuff together for me, I end up with "I should have really known that" ... so, thanks for your patience at this point, Israel.

+1
Thanks Israel for sticking up with my git challenges ;)

Ciao

Return to “Technical Questions”