Thinking of a poll

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
KL-666

Re: Thinking of a poll

Postby KL-666 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Alright, it seems that multi choice becomes more justified. It0uchpods brings in systems/autoflight and cockpit/instrument. Should these be separate options, or do they fit in any of the options i already mentioned?

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Can I make some suggestions

- JSBsim fdm programming
- YAsim
- Nasal Scripting
- C++ core programming

- 3d modelling
- 2d livery design
- UV mapping

- flying/testing
- atc platform development
- scenery development
- scientific knowledge (without programming experience, or fitting none of the other options e.g. meteorology)
- nothing to contribute
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:37 pm

I see where you are getting at Bomber. But saying only 3d or 2d without any explanation seems a bit short. And i miss where It0chpods options fit in (systems and autopilot}.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:38 pm

I agree with multiple options.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:00 pm

good 2d skills are rare in flightgear.... basically because elsewhere they think of themselves as 'artists'..... a good 2d artist can knock up a texture for a plane as quick as he can a building, or a ship or tank...etc... it's

equally a 3der is capable of modelling the plane, or a ship or building..

Now not all 3ders can UVmap worth a damn... infact in flightgear I'd say there were very few that can create a UVmap that doesn't make extra work for the 2d artist... solve that issue and a lot of time can be saved.

as for programming..it's all in the language..... am I a fuel, pneumatic system expert or can I just use jsbsim xml ?... does it matter what I model with it or that I can model ?

Now as for C++.... you'd have to define core programe, cause I'm not sure JSBsim is core, but if we had a half decent C++ programmer we could maybe solve the piston engine, so that it doesn't need extra xml system interventions amongst other things
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:57 pm

Ok, but do you still not think we should ask the question more precise in saying a "3d modeller" or so, and a "2d livery artist"?

The thing i wanted to distinguish with C-programmer is that many nasal programmers also consider themselfes as core developers. There i wanted to make a separation between real C programmers, and wannabee core developers.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:19 am

Hi Bomber,

Skip the previous post. I was reading too fast. With a fresh eye in the morning i see where everything fits in. e.g. Someone who likes systems can choose nasal scripting.

I understand that 2d and 3d can be used for aircraft and scenery. But maybe some people are interested in the one and not in the other. With a low level language like C such distinction in interest is a lot less prominent. Therefore i come up with the following list without "scenery development" but with "3d scenery" and "2d scenery". Would that be ok?

And i added "sysadmin".

- JSBsim
- YAsim
- Nasal Scripting
- C++ programming

- 3d (air)craft
- 2d liveries
- 3d scenery objects
- 2d scenery texturing
- UV mapping

- flying/testing
- scientific knowledge (related to simulating)
- sysadmin (supporting the development environment)
- nothing to contribute

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:45 pm

I guess then there's just the case of a person doing autopilots or for that matter other systems outside of the JSBsim environment but still using XML.

So what might cover it is

- XML Scripting JSBsim
- YAsim Scripting

Simon

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:01 pm

This way we are working away the specific flight dynamics knowledge out of the poll :-) I mean, there must be more to a fdm than just xml scripting? Thinking of specific flight dynamics knowledge like translating the curves to the fdm. Maybe keeping jsbsim in is better, like:

- JSBsim
- YAsim
- XML scripting

or

- flight dynamics
- XML scripting
- YAsim scripting

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:05 pm

I like the first option above
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”