The philosophy of content

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
IAHM-COL

Re: The philosophy of content

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:54 pm

Isn't this whole thread about "the philosophy of content" a way to explain how we as a community should use double standards when it comes to apply the GPL license, as "the norm"?

It seems to me, based on D-ECHO postures on each of the situations, he finds "double standards" quite acceptable.
So, to answer KL666, I do think D-ECHO does not judge his actions with the same severity he judges MSR for doing exactly the same. On that there is a "double standard" of what is appropriate for me to do, while totally impolite for someone else if doing the same.

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Look, as a matter of fact, and coming back to the FG community attitude in general: That petty disregard to the other. And that common attent to become the owner of GPL content. And cherry-topped with a self-entitled arrogant attitude and discrimination.

If you guys really wanted to help MSR, instead of making him feel like he is the outcast one;
He ask for a link of a content that seems to exist. He receives no reply.

Google indeed provide no link to such content of an updated HECA airport. So it possibly was still unreleased.

How about instead of keep being a collective of bullies crying because your GPL content is available elsewhere, and stop crying because of the "selfish" philosophy of content.
Why not acting cooperative. Educative, where able, and simply helpful.

Isn't that why we preffer being a community? To share content? to share skills? to produce together? to learn from eachother?

So, anyhow, if you are willing to stop bullying MSR, maybe you can much more kindly just provide him with the following information

@MSR

Hi MSR
I am sorry you have not found much help in this community.
HECA was still not released, and the images you've seen are from test-runs.

I have decided to pre-release a version of HECA for your enjoyment. The link to the updated airport content is at FGMEMBERS-SCENERY, now
https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/HECA-fg-CustomScenery

you could also get it updated using terraGIT now (but installing and using terraGIT requires git software and basic knowledge of git usage)

Code: Select all

git pull
install/tile e030n30

Have fun!
IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 am

I'd advice everyone not to get worked up too much by Mr D-echo's nonsense, because Mr D-echo does not feel like getting fairly exposed to too much of a honest debate. He just likes to just throw out some bait from the safety of his couch in some suburb in Germany.

Kind regards, Vincent

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:39 am

Wtf is wrong with that other forum? Several people have referred to this forum without getting banned. So if they hate someone like MSR, the rules change? You fit in with that totalitarian regime pretty well D-echo. May i ask whether you are an ossi by nurture?

Kind regards, Vincent

Catalanoic

Postby Catalanoic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:13 pm

Thanks for the HECA generation IAHM-COL! I made some customs and positioned shared objects there some time ago.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:55 pm

it looks quite nice catalanoic.
I really like your modelling skills :D

Great to have you in FG.

R.M.S.

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”