Coup d'etat Turkey

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
KL-666

Coup d'etat Turkey

Postby KL-666 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:44 pm

Coming home from an evening out, i find myself watching a live coup d'etat in Turkey on tv. Never expected that in a country that seemed quite stable in the last decades.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Re: Coup d'etat Turkey

Postby Lydiot » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:35 pm

I think there was a fair amount more unrest there than what we've seen in a lot of countries. I mean, I've seen several "issue" on the news, it's just that they pass by in a day or two. I also have Turkish friends, and their stories about the country sort of left me with the impression that it's not really all that stable... though I agree that it could certainly seem that way.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:49 am

oh MY!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:35 pm

Latest news seem it indicate, the government Erdogan has axed the coup down. We will hear more over the next weeks. There are a lot of problems in Turkey between a more or less Islamist government and its push to integrate more and more parts of Shariah into the laws and a military (and a lot of others) who hang on to the constitution and the principles of Kemal Atatürk.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:17 am

Yes, i got the idea that half the country is not happy with the way Erdohan wants to pull too much power to the president (defying the constitution). But a coup is also not the right way in their minds. With which i can quite agree.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Well, you can relax, it looks more and more as if there was no real coup, just a stage act to give Erdogan the possibility to re-introduce the death penalty against opponents of his regime, kill some hundred senior officers, purge the school system from any western influence (he fired last week alone 15,200 teachers who weren't members of his party).
So, well, now we have a fundamentalist Islamic NATO partner, how great is that?
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”