Easyjet plane nearly overruns runway at Belfast due to EFB error.

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: Easyjet plane nearly overruns runway at Belfast due to EFB error.

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 am

Well, obviously in an Airbus, you have in this situation a 50/50 chance then. Someone may uses the stick in the right direction. Sounds like a multiple choice test to me.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu May 19, 2016 8:30 am

jwocky wrote:He has an ass, right?

Assuming that you meant that he feels the plane's orientation with his ass.... but then we can't trust our sense can we? I sit in a plane and my inner ears are telling me we are doing all sorts of movements.. but one look outside it's completely normal.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu May 19, 2016 8:32 am

SHM wrote:There is a sidestick priority button. :P

Just curious, do both sides have it or just the commanding side? If both sides have it and both sides kept clicking it for control?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 am

The priority starts working when you push the button, but it sticks only after 40 seconds or so. If both sides hold it i do not know what happens. Probably the silly adding up of both inputs.

When i do not look outside, i can pretty accurate feel the acceleration of the roll into a turn. But overall this info is not accurate enough to safely fly on. At most it can alert the pilots to go watch their instruments, if they feel something odd.

Kind regards, Vincent

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu May 19, 2016 8:54 am

HJ1an wrote:
Just curious, do both sides have it or just the commanding side? If both sides have it and both sides kept clicking it for control?

When pressed:
Disconnects autopilot
When held in, deactivates the other Sidestick and allows full singular control. Holding switch for more than 30 seconds latches the system, allowing the switch to be released without losing priority.

A deactivated stick can be reactivated at any time by momentarily pushing either priority switch.

If the priority switches on both sidesticks are pushed, the last one activated assumes priority.
Illuminates Glareshield SIDE STICK PRIORITY lights and activates "PRIORITY LEFT" or "PRIORITY RIGHT" audio voice message according to control configuration.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 2:28 pm

it0uchpods wrote:Let me point out the Airbus do not often use TOGA for takeoff, more often MAN FLEX or TO FLEX or MAN FLEX SRS is used. This position is the same where MCT is, but is only active when on the ground, in the air, it is MCT.

Ah, you seem to be talking about the FMA -- they just call it FLX :)
SRS is like FLCH in Boeing, but it just holds the speed (V2+10?) with pitch till 1500. IE. A special TAKEOFF FLCH mode. The SRS is shown on the flight director; the pilots follow it unless they decide not to.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 2:29 pm

it0uchpods wrote:@jwocky
TRUE, but that was I believe the fact that the FO pulled the nose back the whole time. And the other FO had no fucking clew! Because the sidesticks are not LINKED. I think they should be, or what about the Airbus protection thingie? That obviously did nothing.

Blocked pitot (peeto) tubes, which sent the airspeed indicator to heaven, and reverted to ALTERNATE Flight Law (or maybe ALTERNATE ABNORMAL?).
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu May 19, 2016 2:33 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:Yes.
Just push it forward to TOGA.

This is correct. :)
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Quite the opposite to Vincent and Jwocky here! I feel nervous on a Boeing. At least with an Airbus I am certain I can land it if the captain murders the first officer and then takes a heart attack!

Maybe I could land a Boeing, but I understand and trust Airbus aircraft.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu May 19, 2016 2:46 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:Quite the opposite to Vincent and Jwocky here! I feel nervous on a Boeing. At least with an Airbus I am certain I can land it if the captain murders the first officer and then takes a heart attack!

Maybe I could land a Boeing, but I understand and trust Airbus aircraft.

Same for me, Airbus all the way
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”