I really wanna contribute, but...

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
CAW0999

I really wanna contribute, but...

Postby CAW0999 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:32 am

I have had many names in the various fg forums over the years. I Introduced myself to the fg community with a new a new joystick definition which is now part of the default install. I have continued to contribute to fg over the many years. When the 'great divide' occured and fgmembers was hatched I attempted to contribute to fgmembers as well. This attempt did not go well. I have avoided fgmembers until now because the events that took place confused and angered me. Let me explain. Many years ago, before fgmembers existed, I took Dave Culps 737-300 and started working on it. After a year of development and many many miles flown in it by myself and fellow VA pilots I thought it was a worthy contribution to fg. I attempted to discover just how one might get their aircraft added to fg. I contacted the 'coredevils' on irc. This led nowhere. I gave up the idea and just flew. Later FGMEMBERS was created and I thought ok I'll try contributing again. I created a fgmembers git account and uploaded my plane. IAHM-COL contacted me to let me know that my "FORK" of the 'real' 737-300 uploaded by Soitenan only a few weeks before who had downloaded MY plane, who had ruined it, perverted it and destroyed its functionality, was now in place. What? No No! Soitenans was the fork! Mine was the original, (and mine worked!). Yet... Soitenan's completely bastardized copy of MY plane is still the git master and now is even in fg-addons as a default fg plane! And he didnt even have the decency to remove my name from the author list. I dont make that kind of crap. It was, needless to say, disheartening to find my work ruined and relegated to the status of a fork of my own creation. Nonetheless I still want to contribute even after that slap in the face. I have made other planes since then. Each one better and better. Can I please contribute without being screwed over? Can I please add to the fg community without fearing the same thing happening again? Please?

bomber

Re: I really wanna contribute, but...

Postby bomber » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 pm

I don't know how I can help....

That said I've suffered at the hands of those that dictate how a person can contribute to FG... I've now only two places at which I can communicate and pass any knowledge I've garnered along the way.

And still people but into discussions, clouding the waters after I've been asked for advice. I refuse to remain in the conversation where people are this rude that they don't allow me to completely answer the question... Rude by both the butter in, and by the person that originally asks the question, that they haven't the respect to say "hold on I'm talking to bomber first, can you just wait"

My suggestion therefore is to simply enjoy your hobby, because most other people are out to ruin it.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:32 am

CAW0999 wrote: I created a fgmembers git account and uploaded my plane. IAHM-COL contacted me to let me know that my "FORK" of the 'real' 737-300 uploaded by Soitenan only a few weeks before who had downloaded MY plane, who had ruined it, perverted it and destroyed its functionality, was now in place. What? No No! Soitenans was the fork! Mine was the original, (and mine worked!). Yet... Soitenan's completely bastardized copy of MY plane is still the git master and now is even in fg-addons as a default fg plane! And he didnt even have the decency to remove my name from the author list. I dont make that kind of crap. It was, needless to say, disheartening to find my work ruined and relegated to the status of a fork of my own creation.

Ouch. I feel your pain.

V12

Postby V12 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:04 pm

That is OpenSource GPL2 world. But still better than ProFlightsimulator example.
Very similar problems had octal450 and it was reason of his withdrawn from aircrafts development.
ImageImage

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”