projectIndia

Airports with problems of all kinds
SHM

Re: projectIndia

Postby SHM » Thu May 05, 2016 10:03 pm

haha

Time to run ogr-decode overnight, and see if it will be processed tommorow morning ;)

P.S. To everybody wondering, no I dont use linux just for terragear to work.
Last edited by SHM on Fri May 06, 2016 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu May 05, 2016 10:19 pm

if you are interested in India... are you running this on the whole planet's OSM?

Seems an overkill from this side of the wall.

(can you export a section of the landclasses (clip) with QGIS? I don't know)

And, using linux just for terragear is like having an F15 and using it only to go roll the highways to go to work every morning --like you would use a Ford. Dull.

on the other hand, that Penguin will charm you... I can see that in your future.

terrastuff == very clever name!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Thu May 05, 2016 10:24 pm

I'm running it only for India.
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu May 05, 2016 10:25 pm

Ok. Then it shouldn't take Overnight. But who knows. Let's see how this go.
do you have harddrive space to catch at whatever this throws at you? If you recovered the other part of the harddrive I guess yes. If you are still trying to do this (serious work) on the 20GB you are up to hitting a wall.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri May 06, 2016 1:06 am

Any plans to do Sri-Lankan scenery improvements?

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri May 06, 2016 4:34 am

IAHM-COL wrote:Ok. Then it shouldn't take Overnight. But who knows. Let's see how this go.
do you have harddrive space to catch at whatever this throws at you? If you recovered the other part of the harddrive I guess yes. If you are still trying to do this (serious work) on the 20GB you are up to hitting a wall.

I got an error saying killed. Not on 20GB but on 150 GB.

@Lester No plans for now.
Because its small I may do it sometime in the future.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri May 06, 2016 4:45 am

wiki wrote:When building roads and/or railroads, ogr-decode may terminate with some error because elements do not have the correct coordinates. If it does, check the work directory, chances are most of the polys in your area have compiled fine and you don't need to worry about it. To prevent bogus data from killing ogr-decode, you may patch the following file in two places: terragear-cs/src/Lib/Polygon/chop-bin.cxx

Lines 222 and 375 replace with:

Code: Select all

if ( (dx > 2880) || (dy > 1440) )
        //throw sg_exception("something is really wrong in split_polygon()!!!!");
   return;

Bogus data will be skipped, ogr-decode will continue. In order to use OSM road data at maximum potential, you can also use SQL-like queries on the dataset using the --where option. Eg:

Code: Select all

./ogr-decode --max-segment 500 --line-width 12 --area-type Freeway --where "TYPE=trunk" work/Freeway data/shapefiles/road

./ogr-decode --max-segment 500 --line-width 14 --area-type Freeway --where "TYPE=motorway" work/Freeway data/shapefiles/road

./ogr-decode --max-segment 500 --line-width 10 --area-type Road --where "TYPE=primary" work/Road data/shapefiles/road

./ogr-decode --max-segment 500 --line-width 7 --area-type Road --where "TYPE!=primary AND TYPE!=motorway AND TYPE!=trunk" work/Road data/shapefiles/road

These are suggested road and freeway widths for SE Europe. Your local mileage may vary. At this time, Road and Freeway are mapped as the same material in materials.xml but that may change in the future so build your scenery with that in mind.

Do I've to compile again?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri May 06, 2016 5:08 am

SHM wrote:
@Lester No plans for now.
Because its small I may do it sometime in the future.

SHM

Well if you would consider it in the future, I'd like to ride the mountain valley roads North out of Kandy on my FG Yamaha motorbike. :lol:

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri May 06, 2016 7:31 am

LesterBoffo wrote:Well if you would consider it in the future, I'd like to ride the mountain valley roads North out of Kandy on my FG Yamaha motorbike. :lol:

After I finish India I will start Sri Lanka soon since then the southern part of Asia will be developed considering the works of D-ECHO on Maldives and Nepal.
So in the mean time after I upload India, here are some ideas for you and your Yamaha.

http://www.holidify.com/blog/best-road-trip-india/

After all this is the road network go and explore :D

The windy roads along with the awesome greenery are my fav.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri May 06, 2016 3:10 pm

SM wrote:Do I've to compile again?

Yes. If you alter the sources, and want that to have an effect on the binaries, compilation again is due.

Good thing, you already have all the dependencies installed and running smooth. This is, you only need to recompile terragear, and everything is to fall in place.

Much easier than setting up the toolchain properly.

R.M.S.

Return to “Airports”