LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Airports with problems of all kinds
SHM

Re: LFLL (Lyon Saint Exupery) Scenery

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Well how the hell are we supposed to know one file is GPL and the other is not if you slap GPL license into your repo!

You should have added a note that these files are not GPL.

So you're blaming us for forking while you itself didn't state anything that some of the files were not GPL. :lol:

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:42 pm

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-SCENERY/LF ... its/master

See : First commit .
That you granted GPL to the whole thing

you cant legally revert GPL
and terrain: I can demostrate the origin of the sources of your terrain: Guess what license cover it.
And you probably used sources that are also GPL ;) like certain landclasses and elevation data. Modifying GPL material can't be any but GPL, so I am yet to see how to generate non GPL FG Terrain

Let it die here Daweed. You are in the wrong, and making a shame out of yourself.
We are looking forward to your models, which are great.

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

daweed

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:55 pm

I can go to any licence when modify my stuff some file, some stuff.

as i said, piece avail on TS are GPL and will stay GPL.. the all scenery will be no more in this licence ..

SHM if u had asked before i probably told u

@IAHM i will not stop here
U can keep what u have for now .. new scenery will have a new repo, with new licence (and that i am able to do)... and i will keep an eyes on my creation.
i repeat .. building will stay GPL as they are piece in TS (each model need to be upload and managed one, by one)

And some stuf are not

An anaother simple example, in the package (so not avail on TS) there is stuff (BTG file, different from the one avail on TS with new taxi way ... etc) not from me. I have to agreement of the author, but no to GPL and it will be simple to proove that it's not GPL

So keep what u actual have .. i clearly can't do anything for that .. (remind, u won this battle), but update one more time the scene on your repo with stuff that are not GPL ... and u will have some news from my lawyer

But the scenery will have now a licence ...

u think it"s a shamed from me, just look at you on the glass, u are acting as a thief

@IAHM have a look on what happen on the NAS4Free project !!! it was GPL ... and become licenced, so please, before talking, just have some informations.
I am the creator, author of the stuff, and as like i able to change the licence when i want, just have a read on how a licence project work. I just need to maintain piece for TS on GPL licence, but not the all packages

i didnt find a way to delete my account here, so feel free to do it, now, i said what i have.
Last edited by daweed on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:59 pm

daweed. Relax your language. I had not acted as a thief.

looking forward to see your wonderful development.
Best
IH-COL

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

SHM

Postby SHM » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:22 pm

You seem to be tangling upon your own words here
daweed wrote:GPL for me is not the problem.

daweed wrote:The other thing is that i am the creator of the scenery and I DONT want anyone update it throught you repo ... i own that & wanted to be the only one who can update my repo , with this now evryone can update it as there is no control on your top level repo

Ok but most awesome sceneries have come because of group effort. Take Kansai as example.

daweed wrote:u think it"s a shamed from me, just look at you on the glass, u are acting as a thief

Well that is how GPL works if you didn't like why the hell did you make it GPL.

daweed wrote:An anaother simple example, in the package (so not avail on TS) there is stuff (BTG file, different from the one avail on TS with new taxi way ... etc) not from me. I have to agreement of the author, but no to GPL and it will be simple to proove that it's not GPL

So you yourself broke the law when you stamped GPL license on the first commit.
https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/LFLL
Look who is the author of the recommended version.

And I don't think you addressed my question anywhere as to how we should distinguish the GPL stuff from the non GPL stuff.

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:06 pm

daweed wrote:Sorry guys

u are wrong both ..

Building are GPL to be uploaded on TS

Scenery is not ... as packaged stuff that are not GPL but i am sure that u don't mind about that ... that why the all scenery is not avail on TS ... so u forked a work witch is not GPL ...

Something can be packed with GPL stuff , but that doesn't mean the package is GPL and it's the actually the case
parking in the Groundnet file for example are not GPL , made by my own and can't be upload to scenery website, so not avail on TS , but i am pretty sure that u don't mind about that

So please don't come to me with the liscence stuff ...

Actuallay , there is no licencing on the Scenery ...

Building will stay on GPL to continue uploading them as piece on TS ... but the sceney will become licenced .. and none of the FG rule will prevent that
SHM u should read ... as i said, having a stuff with some GPL material doesn't mean the all stuff is GPL ....

and this only point can allow me to put u to court ... i just ask my lawyer an our ago,

And for example : RedHat Linux Distribution

Sources are Free, open sources and GPL, u can take them, compile them, use them, modify them as some did in CentOS...but u can't use the RedHat distrib without a licence ... but dammed as u said, the RedHad distrib is not (i am working on an IT departement and so knowing this kind of stuff)

Best regards

##################################################
# Lyon Saint Exupery FlightGear Scenery
#
# 2015 (c) FarmerSoft By Daweed
#
##################################################

GPL V2

Please install the LFLL Directory in a Cusom Scenery directory like

/home/<username>/Documents/Flightgear/CustomScenery/LFLL

If you are using FGRun add this directory in the first configuration screen in the Scenery section (before selecting airplane, go backward if you are on this screen )

If you lauch FG with a shell add the directory path to the --fg-scenery directive

Parking File and 3d Models includes.

Besides, you first day it is GPL, thrn you say it isn't, then you say it has no licence. Now you threaten court action. Do you really think this will stand in court?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Do we have popcorn emoticons?...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:34 am

R.M.S.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:32 am

:-)

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:38 am

@daweed.

Your points are completely valid, but as Israel said, it is GPL, and therefore you agreed that it can be distributed by whomever wants to.

Sorry...

Regards,

Return to “Airports”